• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Short list of candidates...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

We need to go Big or Go Home.  I have faith that We will turn it around.   I see FB  winning at least 6 games this year if not more( Bowl eligibility is within reach and would be huge for Coach T in his 2nd year). 

BB has talent (had it this year but didn't have the coaching).  Any Decent coach should be able to get us 15-20 wins next season esp with the new teams coming into the conference(ECU, Tulane, Tulsa) (losing Ville and Rutgers who swept us this year).  If we get a good coach which wont surprise me based on recent events(Firing Stan and Doug leaving) and Judy's comments about Stan and BB overall)  I see us making an NCAA tourney run or NIT bid at minimum.

USF showing donors and season ticket holders that they are committed to education and WINNING should spark fan interest.   (AAC didn't do us any favors with FB scheduling (front loaded home games and back loaded road games) But  I suspect that we see an increase in butts in seats over last years dismal attendance figures. (esp if and when we go 3-2 in our first 5 games).(I see us beating Western Carolina, UConn, and either Md or NC State)( unfort losing to Wisconsin (but upsets happen all the time) and losing to either MD or NC State.  

USF showing a commitment will open up peoples wallets and they will be more likely to buy or donate now as well.

Looks like Harlan made the call to cut Stan loose?    (Thought the new AD started April 7th.)?    http://www.bradenton.com/2014/03/14/5046378/usfs-new-athletic-director-fires.html

Like that he pulled the trigger,(shows he means business and expects results) but Doug should had been forced to deliver the news by to Stan.  He is the one that got us in this mess we are currently in. Hopefully all his authority has or is being taken away.  Don't want any more damage or messes to clean up after he is gone.

So Doug gets to sit back collect money and basically do NOTHING,  Hmmmmm kinda what he has been doing the past 5 or so years. I get that we have to pay him no matter what since he has a contract, but I think it might best served if Judy tells Doug his services are no longer needed once Harlan is here and caught up to speed on USF Athletics.  What exactly will Doug be doing for the next year or so "other role or position"?

Edited by Dhambuc

Harlan reminds me of me LOL.  When I would go to a new facility I would immediately terminate a few folks and put out the help wanted signs.   (usually fired one or two big guns to show the rest of the staff I meant business).  It def got everyone's attention. LOL

u only need to can 1 or 2 big guns/ longtime employees and others would  immediately  step in line and become model employees.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Anthony Grant is a winner of a person on and off the court.

Florida guy (Miami) with strong ties to the state.  Alabama is not a better job than USF.  Go get him!

Go Bulls!

Didn't they just finish 13-19 and worst of all lost to us.

I'll pass.  I think we can aim higher.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Looks like Harlan made the call to cut Stan loose?    (Thought the new AD started April 7th.)?    http://www.bradenton.com/2014/03/14/5046378/usfs-new-athletic-director-fires.html

Like that he pulled the trigger,(shows he means business and expects results) but Doug should had been forced to deliver the news by to Stan.  He is the one that got us in this mess we are currently in. Hopefully all his authority has or is being taken away.  Don't want any more damage or messes to clean up after he is gone.

So Doug gets to sit back collect money and basically do NOTHING,  Hmmmmm kinda what he has been doing the past 5 or so years. I get that we have to pay him no matter what since he has a contract, but I think it might best served if Judy tells Doug his services are no longer needed once Harlan is here and caught up to speed on USF Athletics.  What exactly will Doug be doing for the next year or so "other role or position"?

I'm calling BS here.

I read that article, and the author quotes no one. I think he's speculating, and does NOT know exactly WHO fired Stan. If he had a quote, he would have named it.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

So you're unemployed?  You sound like a gem to work with.  Best of luck.

WTF? Was that directed at me?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

So you're unemployed?  You sound like a gem to work with.  Best of luck.

WTF? Was that directed at me?

I think Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Plenty of good jobs out there, especially with the big jobs all shut tight for now. We basically have our pick. Grant, Howland, Pearl, the list goes on and on. Just make a good hire and I'll be happy. 

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Pelphrey is an interesting prospect.

He was FIRED from Arkansas

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  358
  • Days Won:  1

WHAT ABOUT Seth Greenberg would anyone want him back ?? ?