• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Short list of candidates...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

I think USF is going to look at whoever they think gives them the best chance to take the program to bigger and better heights. New AD and a new way of thinking. I thought this was made clear at the press conference. Sadly there was still a few people thinking that Heath would keep his job when the writing was clearly on the wall he would not. I guess if the old USF mentality was still in play Heath would have gotten another season or two.

WE SHALL SEE how it will turn out. I hope for the best. That is all I can say. 

Guest PCBull14

Bruce Pearl and only Bruce Pearl

If Bruce Pearl wants the best job out there then the choice is an easy one. USF needs him or someone just like him to help guide this program out of the long standing state of mediocrity they have been in like 4ever. 

I agree the talent here is better, and easier to win at USF, just hope its not auburn even though I just heard someone on Auburn's board was on the committee that brought up his violations at TN

We should have had Huggins, we should have had Petrino..........those were passes by DW so he could eventually give a long contract.......based on ONE good year to CSH and pay 1.5M on the come line to CWT.  We need a name, a successful winning name, not an up-and-comer or someone who was good once or twice in the past twenty friggin years.  You want to compete with the likes of UF, FSU, UM and everyone else..........get a friggin named entity with a body of success or continue to pay multiple dregs over the course of multiple years.

Yea you think Petrino would have stayed here over Louisville!?!?!?! So we should have hired Petrino and then he bolts the first chance he gets like everyone said he would right?. Shocker he did what we all knew he would do. Thank the lord we did not hire that guy.

USF hired exactly who they should have to run the football program. Some of you are so now now now. You want this team to be competitive from years to come? Then let the people in charge build it. UF, FSU, and UM were not built over night. Look how long it took UF to win a national title and they were not even that yearly relevant until the ole ball coach got there. Stanford has a top-notch program now and they built over a three-four year turn around. Four years later they have been to a BCS  game every year since making their first one. Our talent level was far worse than the Cardinal had. Its going to take time, CWT has done nothing but push our guys to get better. If Skip was here this year we go 0-12.

We need to hire a solid mid major guy. Someone who got it done at a much tougher job than here. Someone who has their team in the mix every year at a "mid-major" program. Smart at VCU would be nice, who ever we get has to be better than what we had. Especially with Harlan running the show probably has endless connections from UCLA basketball. 

Pass on the pearl this is not step up job anymore and it is showing. When was last time USF was considered the top job opening in a basketball hiring period. That we can give to D.W. The Sun Dome and Muma center are turning this thing into a final stop type of gig. Lets go find our Mark Few. Someone who sticks with the program and lives for Green and Gold from the start. Hell we may that guy on Heath's staff. Lets let Roc this thing and get some Coach Cal offense and defense in here.

Guest PCBull14

TBO is saying that the NEW AD had the meeting as well with Heath. http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/sources-usf-fires-basketball-coach-stan-heath-20140314/

So who ultimately made the decision? Heath said he believes he was fired by USF president Judy Genshaft and the school’s Board of Trustees. Neither Genshaft nor any other USF official was made available to address the firing." Heath said he had a brief meeting with recently hired athletic director Mark Harlan who “didn’t think it was fair for him to be making the decision on me because he hadn’t been around, but said his recommendation was if something had to happen, it needed to happen quickly.’’

So Not BS.

I can tell you that it was no Harlan that fired Heath.  That decision was already made. More like the boosters had their say just like they had their say to fire Leavitt. You have to know this by now. 

Leavitt wasn't fired by boosters, he still had a majority in his corner.  That one needed the added "independent investigation" angle to cut him loose via administrative decision.  Get your facts straight.

Yeah, and pigs fly. I guess you will believe whatever you read.  You are just one that will never get it. Never will. I am sorry. No way Leavitt is fired if he wins 10 games per season. He would be serving a small suspension and slap on the wrist. Why dont you just wake up and smell the coffee, pal!!

Wrong. When you lie to Admin you get canned end of story. Say what you want but he had to go. Man up and Tell the truth and now people wanted to hire Petrino and now Pearl.

NEWS FLASH we already barked up both of those trees with Leavitt. If you look your admin in the face and lie why in the hell should we hire you? Does this university not have morals? I say CJL deserved to be cut and we shouldn't have had to pay him jack. Don't lie and you don't get fired, why should you get unemployment from USF? You caused your firing. But of course in America everyone wins...That's what we teach our kids these days. Seesh this country is becoming so soft.  Bullshyt

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

AGREE 100% with PCBull14.

As I've said before, IF I hire you as a coach because you told me/sold me on your plan for the program and I don't see positive improvements toward that goal during your contract, YOU'RE FIRED.

The ONLY way you get an extension of your current contract is by surpassing those goals.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The ONLY way you get an extension of your current contract is by surpassing those goals.

Or, in the crazy world of professional sports (I call it professional as it applies to this situation because the coaches are paid professionals) your coaches are early in their contracts or coming near the end of existing contracts, you want to retain them and don't them to bolt to other programs that may be pursuing them or even let it get to a point where they may even want to listen to other situations.

We may not like the extensions, but don't be naive. That's why extensions are given. Not because someone wakes up and says oh our guy needs an extension.

That's just the way the game is played in that profession.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

So as I understand it, Pearl was given an NCAA show cause sanction for throwing a BBQ in his backyard then lying about?

From what I have read, he is pretty remorseful and gets it.

Sounds like one guy that can not only coach, but is very popular on campus. He is the guy that can energize the fan base immediately.

I would like to see Harlan have the balls to make a controversial hire like this. If not Pearl then a similar type personality.

So as I understand it, Pearl was given an NCAA show cause sanction for throwing a BBQ in his backyard then lying about?

Sounds like one guy that can not only coach, but is very popular on campus. He is the guy that can energize the fan base immediately.

I would like to see Harlan have the balls to make a controversial hire like this. If not Pearl then a similar type personality.

He did more than that. Do a Google search on Pearl and you will see it was not just the BBQ. He is a win at no cost type of coach. There is no shame in his game. He is a rat. Tons of people in the higher ranks of college dont like him. The NCAA does not like him. He carries too much baggage for USF to even look at right now.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

This:

We need to go Big or Go Home. 

USF showing a commitment will open up peoples wallets and they will be more likely to buy or donate now as well.

This:

We need to go Big or Go Home. 

USF showing a commitment will open up peoples wallets and they will be more likely to buy or donate now as well.

Yes!! Agreed!!! And if they fail to bring in a big name coach after firing Heath then they have failed. That is how this move should be judged. None of this rebuilding excuse as Heath didnt leave the cupboard bare. Tons of talent right now at USF. No denying this. I dont want to see fans saying give the new coach a few years or so to turn it around. That would be going into another USF circle of disapointment in my opinion. Have to start winning soon!!! WE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!! 

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

He did more than that. Do a Google search on Pearl and you will see it was not just the BBQ. He is a win at no cost type of coach. There is no shame in his game. He is a rat. Tons of people in the higher ranks of college dont like him. The NCAA does not like him. He carries too much baggage for USF to even look at right now.

Please...............BRUCE PEARL............just so you will slink away for a week or two.   :roflmao: