• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Short list of candidates...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Bruce Pearl and only Bruce Pearl

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,427

After researching their head coaching body of work, I dont see how Pelphrey or Neubauer are improvements over CSH. Couple of good seasons mixed in with mostly bad to average seasons.

We need someone who has consistently proven to win as a coach, a lot of good young coaches leading mid-major teams.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

If Bruce Pearl wants the best job out there then the choice is an easy one. USF needs him or someone just like him to help guide this program out of the long standing state of mediocrity they have been in like 4ever. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I'm surprised Vega is still here.

Howland is a win for me

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

If we want a proven winner and who leads teams to NCAA tourney and NIT tourneys than why not move Fernandez over to coach both Men and Women. (I kid).    

USF may have to think outside the box though since we are currently paying 2 AD'S  2 FB coaches (possibly still owe Leavitt some more money, not sure) 2 BB coaches.     

Offer Fernandez  a cpl hundred gran and 2-3 great assistants and let him run both programs until we have the funds.  LOL. 

Fernandez wont let them slouch or miss free throws either.  Our Female Bulls can shoot (make baskets).

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

If Bruce Pearl wants the best job out there then the choice is an easy one. USF needs him or someone just like him to help guide this program out of the long standing state of mediocrity they have been in like 4ever. 

I agree the talent here is better, and easier to win at USF, just hope its not auburn even though I just heard someone on Auburn's board was on the committee that brought up his violations at TN

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

I agree the talent here is better, and easier to win at USF, just hope its not auburn even though I just heard someone on Auburn's board was on the committee that brought up his violations at TN

We should have had Huggins, we should have had Petrino..........those were passes by DW so he could eventually give a long contract.......based on ONE good year to CSH and pay 1.5M on the come line to CWT.  We need a name, a successful winning name, not an up-and-comer or someone who was good once or twice in the past twenty friggin years.  You want to compete with the likes of UF, FSU, UM and everyone else..........get a friggin named entity with a body of success or continue to pay multiple dregs over the course of multiple years.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

On the record: Bruce Pearl for USF!

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Im for Bruce as well, Not sure we can afford him with our current state of paying 2 AD's 2 FB coaches,2 BB coaches and soon to be 2 Baseball coaches but who knows?

If not Pearl than what about someone like Wojo (Asst from Duke under Coach K)?

We need someone that knows what it takes to win,   Talent is here to make a nice run next season if all players stay put and don't transfer.  We just need a coach that knows how to coach and win.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Bruce for me.