• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Short list of candidates...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

As to the firing today, I thought I saw on Twitter that an associate AD did the firing. Could have sworn I saw a quote from Harlan saying he didn't feel it was fair for him to make the final call.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  393
  • Days Won:  0

Of course even considering Seth again is ridiculous. But I bet he would like to come back here because so many potential recruits "dream of becoming Bulls".

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  349
  • Days Won:  1

Of course even considering Seth again is ridiculous. But I bet he would like to come back here because so many potential recruits "dream of becoming Bulls".

What recruits are you talking about?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

@TBTimes_Bulls: Heath said he believes decision came from USF President Judy Genshaft & board of trustees, not new AD Mark Harlan, whom he met only briefly

"Heath said he was informed of the decision Friday by executive associate athletic director Barry Clements, who indicated USF wanted to go in a new direction."

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Yes, dumbuc.  I'm sure it's bravado as she couldn't possibly lead people.

Child please,  One of the older ones in here, Prob old enough to be ur father, You don't know me  so to enlighten you  a little, Ill fill you in , a little about me.  Not to brag but to put Jr in his/ her place.

Not only have I Led people but did so for many years in multiple hospital settings.

Worked my way up thru my profession and currently work part time by choice (semi retired)(didn't make my goal of retiring at 40 but came close).

As far as work  goes, I still work but not near as much as I used too.  (semi retired) Don't hate,  You too can get there with hard work, education and a skill set. 

I was the Director of Critical Care for a local hospital in the area.(about 3 years),  Was also Lead Admin Supervisor for another local hospital for about 5 years. Got burned out as healthcare continues to change (all about the money not the patients)

Used to work for a hospital chain as a "trouble shooter" would basically go to hospitals and fix messes(clean house),(or fill in while managers were out of work for maternity leave, or to fill vacant positions.   Did that for about 10 years or so.

Prior to that I worked as a employee for a company that supplied healthcare professionals  for 8 to 13 week contracts. Traveled all over the country and banked some nice coin. (free housing, Great pay, bonuses , 401k, license reimbursement, company car  ect...)

I continue to travel ( here in Tampa about 2 weeks a month) rest of time up in NY/ NJ area) (working part time Since Im semi retired ) Work from computer now doing staffing for a Healthcare company that supplies Nurses , Resp Therapist to hospital's.  ( prob will retire full time within a few years).

I support the Bulls and plan my Part time work around the Bulls Schedule when I can. ( Unlike you Im sure) I actually donate, and buy season tickets to multiple sports. I also support them on the road, most home games, and ALL bowl games and usually BB tourney as well.

If you need a job , have a degree in the healthcare field and a license let me know , We are always hiring.  If not Than learn before you attempt to run off the trap :). If you need info about jobs Ill be glad to help a Bulls Brother out.

Spare me the "I live in Philly Crap so cant support the school"  I own a home in NW NJ and in Tampa and get on one of those things they call "Planes" and fly to Tampa or where USF is playing to support in person.

Edited by Dhambuc
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

Yes, dumbuc.  I'm sure it's bravado as she couldn't possibly lead people.

Child please,  One of the older ones in here, Prob old enough to be ur father, You don't know me  so to enlighten you  a little, Ill fill you in , a little about me. 

Not only have I Led people but did so for many years in multiple hospital settings.

Worked my way up thru my profession and currently work part time by choice (semi retired)(didn't make my goal of retiring at 40 but came close).

As far as work  goes, I still work but not near as much as I used too.  (semi retired) Don't hate,  You too can get there with hard work, education and a skill set. 

I was the Director of Critical Care for a local hospital in the area.(about 3 years),  Was also Lead Admin Supervisor for another local hospital for about 5 years. Got burned out as healthcare continues to change (all about the money not the patients)

Used to work for a hospital chain as a "trouble shooter" would basically go to hospitals and fix messes(clean house),(or fill in while managers were out of work for maternity leave, or to fill vacant positions.   Did that for about 10 years or so.

Prior to that I worked as a employee for a company that supplied healthcare professionals  for 8 to 13 week contracts. Traveled all over the country and banked some nice coin. (free housing, Great pay, bonuses , 401k, license reimbursement  ect...)

I continue to travel ( here in Tampa about 2 weeks a month) rest of time up in NY/ NJ area) (working part time Since Im semi retired ) Work from computer now doing staffing for a Healthcare company that supplies Nurses , Resp Therapist to hospital's.  ( prob will retire full time within a few years).

I support the Bulls and plan my Part time work around the Bulls Schedule when I can. ( Unlike you Im sure) I actually donate, and buy season tickets to multiple sports.

If you need a job , have a degree in the healthcare field and a license let me know , We are always hiring.  If not Than learn before you attempt to run off the trap :).

Shouldn't it be "If not THEN learn before you attempt to run off the trap"? Whatever that means. Just lulz about the learning part.

Grammar police, LOL

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

Grammar police, LOL

I said it was only funny because you were talking about learning and getting your degree etc.

Looks like Harlan made the call to cut Stan loose?    (Thought the new AD started April 7th.)?    http://www.bradenton.com/2014/03/14/5046378/usfs-new-athletic-director-fires.html

Like that he pulled the trigger,(shows he means business and expects results) but Doug should had been forced to deliver the news by to Stan.  He is the one that got us in this mess we are currently in. Hopefully all his authority has or is being taken away.  Don't want any more damage or messes to clean up after he is gone.

So Doug gets to sit back collect money and basically do NOTHING,  Hmmmmm kinda what he has been doing the past 5 or so years. I get that we have to pay him no matter what since he has a contract, but I think it might best served if Judy tells Doug his services are no longer needed once Harlan is here and caught up to speed on USF Athletics.  What exactly will Doug be doing for the next year or so "other role or position"?

I'm calling BS here.

I read that article, and the author quotes no one. I think he's speculating, and does NOT know exactly WHO fired Stan. If he had a quote, he would have named it.

Hence the fact that I put a question mark  and said "Looks like Harlan"   based on the article.      Do we know who actually pulled the trigger?   ESPN didn't really say in their article either http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10607942/stan-heath-confirms-firing-south-florida-coaching-job

Today at the Softball game, the few people from Athletics in the ticket office only confirmed that he had been fired but didn't go into too much detail about who fired him.   Conversation changed to important things like arranging payment to renew Season Tickets ect...

Edited by Dhambuc

TBO is saying that the NEW AD had the meeting as well with Heath. http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/sources-usf-fires-basketball-coach-stan-heath-20140314/

So who ultimately made the decision? Heath said he believes he was fired by USF president Judy Genshaft and the school’s Board of Trustees. Neither Genshaft nor any other USF official was made available to address the firing." Heath said he had a brief meeting with recently hired athletic director Mark Harlan who “didn’t think it was fair for him to be making the decision on me because he hadn’t been around, but said his recommendation was if something had to happen, it needed to happen quickly.’’

So Not BS.

Edited by Dhambuc