• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Short list of candidates...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

That list only includes 2 names worth a **** right now. I leave it up to you guys to figure it out.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

So as I understand it, Pearl was given an NCAA show cause sanction for throwing a BBQ in his backyard then lying about?

From what I have read, he is pretty remorseful and gets it.

Sounds like one guy that can not only coach, but is very popular on campus. He is the guy that can energize the fan base immediately.

I would like to see Harlan have the balls to make a controversial hire like this. If not Pearl then a similar type personality.

He did more than that. Do a Google search on Pearl and you will see it was not just the BBQ. He is a win at no cost type of coach. There is no shame in his game. He is a rat. Tons of people in the higher ranks of college dont like him. The NCAA does not like him. He carries too much baggage for USF to even look at right now.

Please...............BRUCE PEARL............just so you will slink away for a week or two.   :roflmao:

Hell would freeze over if Pearl was allowed to coach at USF. All our big time boosters would have to be overthrown by curruption from new big time boosters. And right now, USF does not have that. So you can keep wishing and dreaming, pal!!! 

Edited by Bull Daly

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Splashy names I’ve heard so far: Buzz Williams, Andy Kennedy, Ben Howland, Frank Martin. Not even kidding. People think USF going big here -@USFCollin

Back in 2008

Kennedy, head coach of the University of Mississippi basketball team, was in Cincinnati so his team could play on national television. Police said Kennedy and several of his assistant coaches went to at least two bars that night. Police and other witnesses have said Kennedy may have been drunk that night and was told to leave The Lodge, a Downtown bar, because of the disturbance he and his party were making.

Once outside, Kennedy and four of his coaches got into one cab but were kicked out because a cab cannot take that many people. They piled into Jiddou's cab and, the cabbie told police, called him derogatory names and hit him when he also refused to take them.

The group is accused of calling Jiddou "sand n——-," "Osama Bin Laden" and "Saddam Hussein" during the incident. Jiddou said Kennedy punched him and hit his cab. The valet told police a similar version of the incident.

Kennedy was shown on a police cruiser camera asking police to let him go because his arrest would cause a national incident and saying he knew Hamilton County Sheriff Simon Leis Jr.

Splashy names I’ve heard so far: Buzz Williams, Andy Kennedy, Ben Howland, Frank Martin. Not even kidding. People think USF going big here -@USFCollin

Back in 2008

Kennedy, head coach of the University of Mississippi basketball team, was in Cincinnati so his team could play on national television. Police said Kennedy and several of his assistant coaches went to at least two bars that night. Police and other witnesses have said Kennedy may have been drunk that night and was told to leave The Lodge, a Downtown bar, because of the disturbance he and his party were making.

Once outside, Kennedy and four of his coaches got into one cab but were kicked out because a cab cannot take that many people. They piled into Jiddou's cab and, the cabbie told police, called him derogatory names and hit him when he also refused to take them.

The group is accused of calling Jiddou "sand n——-," "Osama Bin Laden" and "Saddam Hussein" during the incident. Jiddou said Kennedy punched him and hit his cab. The valet told police a similar version of the incident.

Kennedy was shown on a police cruiser camera asking police to let him go because his arrest would cause a national incident and saying he knew Hamilton County Sheriff Simon Leis Jr.

I remember that well and I am not interested in Kennedy. He did a good job filling in for Cincy went Huggins was out but Cincy chose not to retain him. Ole Miss got him and he was doing well but got in trouble. Not real high on Kennedy. 

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Back in 2008

I remember that well and I am not interested in Kennedy. He did a good job filling in for Cincy went Huggins was out but Cincy chose not to retain him. Ole Miss got him and he was doing well but got in trouble. Not real high on Kennedy. 

Jesus Christ is unavailable.  Martin Luther King Jr. and Mahatma Gandhi are dead.  Which puritanical soul are looking for to run USF MBB?

Edited by hbryan

Back in 2008

Jesus Christ is unavailable.  Martin Luther King Jr. and Mahatma Gandhi are dead.  Which puritanical soul are looking for to run USF MBB?

That is not up to me, that is up to the new AD, Judy and boosters, Time will tell. But we can bet money that it wont be Pearl. And you can bet that Kennedy will be a stretch too. 

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Buzz Williams...................Texas boy that hates the cold and wants to be in a warmer climate.  On record as saying as much.  We'll have competition (Auburn, although he likes larger metro areas) for his services if he's at the top of the short list.

Can't put all my eggs in the Bruce Pearl basket.

Edited by hbryan

Buzz Williams...................Texas boy that hates the cold and wants to be in a warmer climate.  On record as saying as much.  We'll have competition (Auburn, although he likes larger metro areas) for his services if he's at the top of the short list.

Now that would be a great get!!! He brings tons of energy on the court. I would love it if USF could somehow get him away from Marq. 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Back in 2008

I'm not a big fan of Kennedy either and it has nothing to do with his bullying abilities.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

Can't put all my eggs in the Bruce Pearl basket.

If I could choose it would be Buzz Williams... He's done a great job of creating a winning tough program at Marquette and was able to maintain what Tom Crean started there. Every kid that goes from Marquette to the pros is tough as nails... I would love to have him here...