• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Short list of candidates...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

Splashy names I’ve heard so far: Buzz Williams, Andy Kennedy, Ben Howland, Frank Martin. Not even kidding. People think USF going big here -@USFCollin

Back in 2008

Kennedy, head coach of the University of Mississippi basketball team, was in Cincinnati so his team could play on national television. Police said Kennedy and several of his assistant coaches went to at least two bars that night. Police and other witnesses have said Kennedy may have been drunk that night and was told to leave The Lodge, a Downtown bar, because of the disturbance he and his party were making.

Once outside, Kennedy and four of his coaches got into one cab but were kicked out because a cab cannot take that many people. They piled into Jiddou's cab and, the cabbie told police, called him derogatory names and hit him when he also refused to take them.

The group is accused of calling Jiddou "sand n——-," "Osama Bin Laden" and "Saddam Hussein" during the incident. Jiddou said Kennedy punched him and hit his cab. The valet told police a similar version of the incident.

Kennedy was shown on a police cruiser camera asking police to let him go because his arrest would cause a national incident and saying he knew Hamilton County Sheriff Simon Leis Jr.

I remember that well and I am not interested in Kennedy. He did a good job filling in for Cincy went Huggins was out but Cincy chose not to retain him. Ole Miss got him and he was doing well but got in trouble. Not real high on Kennedy. 

I'm not a big fan of Kennedy either and it has nothing to do with his bullying abilities.

His teams just seemed to being boring on offense. Not sure USF wants another boring offensive team. 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

If USF wants to back up the bold move of firing Stan Heath, then we need a major name to replace him.

Recruiting has always been our biggest challenge. We've rarely had 5 great players on the floor at the same time.

Look at UCF, they hired a good assistant and now they still aren't world beaters by any stretch.

If we want to upgrade from Stan Health, we need a big name (who's a proven great coach) and make a splash with recruiting.

Hiring an unproven top-assistant is just like saying, "Wait, we are rebuilding." We could have waited another year with Stan Heath.

Let's see what USF does.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Splashy names I’ve heard so far: Buzz Williams, Andy Kennedy, Ben Howland, Frank Martin. Not even kidding. People think USF going big here -@USFCollin

Back in 2008

Kennedy, head coach of the University of Mississippi basketball team, was in Cincinnati so his team could play on national television. Police said Kennedy and several of his assistant coaches went to at least two bars that night. Police and other witnesses have said Kennedy may have been drunk that night and was told to leave The Lodge, a Downtown bar, because of the disturbance he and his party were making.

Once outside, Kennedy and four of his coaches got into one cab but were kicked out because a cab cannot take that many people. They piled into Jiddou's cab and, the cabbie told police, called him derogatory names and hit him when he also refused to take them.

The group is accused of calling Jiddou "sand n——-," "Osama Bin Laden" and "Saddam Hussein" during the incident. Jiddou said Kennedy punched him and hit his cab. The valet told police a similar version of the incident.

Kennedy was shown on a police cruiser camera asking police to let him go because his arrest would cause a national incident and saying he knew Hamilton County Sheriff Simon Leis Jr.

I remember that well and I am not interested in Kennedy. He did a good job filling in for Cincy went Huggins was out but Cincy chose not to retain him. Ole Miss got him and he was doing well but got in trouble. Not real high on Kennedy. 

I'm not a big fan of Kennedy either and it has nothing to do with his bullying abilities.

His teams just seemed to being boring on offense. Not sure USF wants another boring offensive team. 

I've watched plenty of Ole Miss games and his teams will get after you and sometimes press all over the court but nothing stands out offensively. Kennedy was on the hot seat 2 years ago but somehow Ole Miss got hot and won the SECT. Other then that he is the king of the NCAAT Bubble and is very happy to make the NIT. Not sure if I heard a coach from a power conference be so proud of making the NIT as much as Kennedy. I suspect him to be fired after next season if again the Rebels fail to make the NCAAT. USF doesn't need to save Kennedy from his future faith by hiring him and believe me he would crawl to USF for less money if it meant better job security which he is quickly running out of at Ole Miss.

USF has to hire someone that can flat out recruit and Kennedy isn't that guy. Recruiting Florida is going to be key for the next head coach with the amount of high level talent in these next 2 classes.

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Do we have any short candidates...

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

Back in 2008

I've watched plenty of Ole Miss games and his teams will get after you and sometimes press all over the court but nothing stands out offensively. Kennedy was on the hot seat 2 years ago but somehow Ole Miss got hot and won the SECT. Other then that he is the king of the NCAAT Bubble and is very happy to make the NIT. Not sure if I heard a coach from a power conference be so proud of making the NIT as much as Kennedy. I suspect him to be fired after next season if again the Rebels fail to make the NCAAT. USF doesn't need to save Kennedy from his future faith by hiring him and believe me he would crawl to USF for less money if it meant better job security which he is quickly running out of at Ole Miss.

USF has to hire someone that can flat out recruit and Kennedy isn't that guy. Recruiting Florida is going to be key for the next head coach with the amount of high level talent in these next 2 classes.

Agreed!!! Got to get this hire right and Kennedy should not be the guy for USF. 

Back in 2008

I've watched plenty of Ole Miss games and his teams will get after you and sometimes press all over the court but nothing stands out offensively. Kennedy was on the hot seat 2 years ago but somehow Ole Miss got hot and won the SECT. Other then that he is the king of the NCAAT Bubble and is very happy to make the NIT. Not sure if I heard a coach from a power conference be so proud of making the NIT as much as Kennedy. I suspect him to be fired after next season if again the Rebels fail to make the NCAAT. USF doesn't need to save Kennedy from his future fate by hiring him and believe me he would crawl to USF for less money if it meant better job security which he is quickly running out of at Ole Miss.

Agreed!!! Got to get this hire right and Kennedy should not be the guy for USF. 

I'm positive he won't be either. Harlan is a better AD then that. USF will know what is required of the next head coach and Kennedy doesn't fit the criteria.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Was Pelphrey one of the guys that turned us down last time around?

Not too sure he was a final candidate, or was even offered

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

At this early juncture, I want a duke alumnus with HC experience. Right now in this order,

Tommy Amaker (solid coach, would provide a definite buzz if he left Harvard for us);

Quin Snyder (got a raw deal at mizzou. Was close to getting the charlotte bobcats/hornets hc job a few months ago. Will be hc again very soon. Is the only candidate on my list that we KNOW can recruit.);

Johnny Dawkins (cerebral guy who bombed at Stanford, but coach k loves him. Probably wouldn't come since many think he will replace coach k)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Quin Snyder resigned after some major NCAA violations came to light.

Quin Snyder resigned after some major NCAA violations came to light.

Yes and was on the verge of what appeared to be a nervous breakdown or just going crazy. Hell-to-the-No on Snyder.