• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top candidates for NEW Athletic director

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,972
  • Days Won:  12

The more I think about it the more I like it. The guy can raise money. I'm competitive. I want to win. If he can deliver $$$ let's do it...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

**** this, I've got a top candidate, mind if I post a picture of my most recent bowel movement?

Only if someone can verify that they're hearing your recent bowel movement is a top candidate ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

We need to mass email that link to Dr. Genshaft. If it's Harlan we have to derail him ASAP.

It's 3 years old and on a blog, SB Nation. And people talk about me sending a link to the top (MVP) AAAAAA QB in GA to CWT. Geesh.

I never particularly was for or against Ironsides.

Such things pop up for me and they're alarm bells. You shouldn't have such negative press to begin with. Even as bad as Woolard is, has he ever gotten bad press?

Does getting fired for underperforming count as bad press?

I'm guessing that went over some collective heads ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

We need to mass email that link to Dr. Genshaft. If it's Harlan we have to derail him ASAP.

It's 3 years old and on a blog, SB Nation. And people talk about me sending a link to the top (MVP) AAAAAA QB in GA to CWT. Geesh.

I never particularly was for or against Ironsides.

Such things pop up for me and they're alarm bells. You shouldn't have such negative press to begin with. Even as bad as Woolard is, has he ever gotten bad press?

Does getting fired for underperforming count as bad press?

I'm guessing that went over some collective heads ....

Welcome to to the crazytown thread.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I like the hire if the rumors are true. Harlen's strength and background is fund raising and basketball. Both areas USF will need to improve in. This is very much a move to quickly try and fix the basketball program first which is obviously priority #1 for any AD given USF"s current situation.

Edited by Vega

Agree vega. I would honestly like to hear what USF thinks about the SBN accusations, and think they need to address it, but its highly likely that the work of a few angsty bloggers skewed his image. Overall, we need revenue and his track record says he is likely to deliver. We also need to win and they've done that at UCLA

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

I like the hire if the rumors are true. Harlen's strength and background is fund raising and basketball. Both areas USF will need to improve in. This is very much a move to quickly try and fix the basketball program first which is obviously priority #1 for any AD given USF"s current situation.

That's nice, but the jury is still out on Taggart. What. if. he. fails? Woolard obviously didn't know what he was doing with Holtz and it's questionable a guy like Harlan will if he's looking for a new football coach? That's the bread and butter, now more so than ever.

At that point it comes down to risk taking. Do you take the guy that will vastly improve some key weaknesses (ie fundraising and bball, with the assumption that Taggart has football headed the right way) OR do you play it safe and find a "what if Taggart fails" guy? USF may be signaling a high level of risk taking: "we are betting Taggart fixes FB so we'll need a revenue, marketing, and bball person in charge"

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

At that point it comes down to risk taking. Do you take the guy that will vastly improve some key weaknesses (ie fundraising and bball, with the assumption that Taggart has football headed the right way) OR do you play it safe and find a "what if Taggart fails" guy? USF may be signaling a high level of risk taking: "we are betting Taggart fixes FB so we'll need a revenue, marketing, and bball person in charge"

Yes RIGHT NOW basketball is in dire shape and getting worse. USF has to make this hire as he is suppose to be the best at fixing what's wrong with the major sports programs and men's hoops is the clear #1 thing on the list.

If it was the other way around then Harlan might not be the guy they picked. Way to soon to even start thinking thinking about Taggart and the FB program.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

Mark Harlan  - come on down.  Did someone say, "On Campus Staduim fundraising"?