• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

why can't taggart get the penalties corrected.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I put the illegal procedures and illegal shifts on the coaching staff. They get play calls in so slow that White panics to get the snap off before everyone is set. I think that gets cleaned up with experience.

Most of the holding calls are lack of talent. If you are getting blown away at the line if scrimmage you reach because you are out of position. If talent improves that will get cleaned up if talent or performance improves. If not then it won't.

It is the dumb ones like a few of Sager's personal fouls and Lynch's offsides where discipline is necessary and we have seen Taggart pull them both out.

agreed except for the motion penalties being on the coaches(other than they might have used it less often knowing there were difficulties). we didn't see a lot of those on the other QBs. I think it's just White needing to gain experience.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

FAILURE TO RECRUIT SMART FOOTBALL PLAYERS

COACHT WILL HAVE 2 MORE YEARS

GOOD LUCK TO HIM

he better get a real qb

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197
  • Days Won:  0

I hope I am wrong but I do not see this as a recruiting or "not his players issue". Its coaching, blaming this on stupid recruits from another coach seems a little far fetched.................

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993

I hope I am wrong but I do not see this as a recruiting or "not his players issue". Its coaching, blaming this on stupid recruits from another coach seems a little far fetched.................

its not that they are stupid or not.  its that they don't come to practice mentally engaged because they just arent buying in.  they aren't really behind Taggar so they don't practice sharp so they don't play sharp. whether that is or isn't truly a problem most on this board couldn't say.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

its not that they are stupid or not. its that they don't come to practice mentally engaged because they just arent buying in. they aren't really behind Taggar so they don't practice sharp so they don't play sharp. whether that is or isn't truly a problem most on this board couldn't say.

If they aren't coming to practice mentally engaged then we don't need to be wasting a scholarship on them.

If they don't want to play football for this coach then see ya later.

I highly doubt this is the problem with the majority of the players.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Penalties are very frustrating

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Penalties are coaching.

My suspicion is these types of penalties probably aren't being called or penalized in practice, so the players practice commiting these mistakes, then at game time we end up with 100 penty yards.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Penalties are coaching.

My suspicion is these types of penalties probably aren't being called or penalized in practice, so the players practice commiting these mistakes, then at game time we end up with 100 penty yards.

When talking about holding, or false starts, or personal fouls, which are the majority of what is called on our players, your suspicion would be incorrect.

Holding penalties happen when the player that should be blocking gets beat. Our o-line gets beaten by their defensive opponent constantly. After a while, it gets frustrating and we start to hold. Same with our secondary in PI.

False starts are just lack of concentration and nervousness. Doesn't have anything to do with coaching. Do you really think we coach our players to rough the passer, or get chippy? Those are usually penalties for lack of self-control or frustration.

Now motion, that's a little different story ...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

its not that they are stupid or not. its that they don't come to practice mentally engaged because they just arent buying in. they aren't really behind Taggar so they don't practice sharp so they don't play sharp. whether that is or isn't truly a problem most on this board couldn't say.

Didn't our penalties dramatically increase as the year went on, as did the number of freshman playing?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  124

Actually most of the penalties were committed by upperclassmen like lynch, Q, and D Williams.