• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Coach T is not the man for the job. A quality coach could have done more with this team than he did, it's not like we are playing in the SEC. We have better talent than most of our interconference opponents. I am officially over T until I see some changes. Recruiting is going to be horrid this off season and next season we might see 4-5 wins.

We have a top 30 recruiting class coming in
Link?
Sorry it has dropped some. It is now 46. Still not too bad. You can Google it in Rivals.

46 (including Jarvis Stewart, who is jail bound) is about the same as Holtz. Though CWT is the man when it comes to recruiting and Holtz left a barren roster. Weird.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

This offense is the Rich Rod experiment at Michigan in reverse.  We know how that worked out.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Rich Rod got better at Michigan each year

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I am losing faith in CWT... I didn't expect him to win 6 games but the offense has not improved at all this year and that falls on coaching.

USF should have gone after a coach that had some experience with the sort of offense Holtz was running before the turn around would have been quicker possibly..... CWT is trying to install a whole new offense and if it fails it will be another 2+ years to turn the potential CWT disaster around...we could be looking at another 4 years of this if CWT isn't the man. Better hope he is.

Terrifying thought. When you are firing a coach it seems crazy to use "keep the same system" as a hiring criteria for the next guy. Edited by WWMJD
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Much like the conference realignment thread, I am done with this one. Many of you have lost your friggin mind.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Coach T is not the man for the job. A quality coach could have done more with this team than he did, it's not like we are playing in the SEC. We have better talent than most of our interconference opponents. I am officially over T until I see some changes. Recruiting is going to be horrid this off season and next season we might see 4-5 wins.

Please tell us where you see more talent than other teams in our conference on the offensive side of the ball.

Davis is an average WR. He doesn't have the speed to be an elite playmaker. McFarland and Price are average. After that, on offense, our talent level is that of a mid to lower level non BCS team.

Our O line is weak and slow. Saying our talent level is better than most of our conference mates is like saying our talent level in basketball was equivalent to the rest of the BE in past years.

We do not have one player on offense that is an elite talent. Especially none with true playmaking ability like we had over the years with Hall, then Grothe then Daniels. Their ability to carry the team and make plays consistently masked the deficiencies we have always had on offense in the last 10 years or so.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722

Please tell us where you see more talent than other teams in our conference on the offensive side of the ball.

Davis is an average WR. He doesn't have the speed to be an elite playmaker. McFarland and Price are average. After that, on offense, our talent level is that of a mid to lower level non BCS team.

Our O line is weak and slow. Saying our talent level is better than most of our conference mates is like saying our talent level in basketball was equivalent to the rest of the BE in past years.

We do not have one player on offense that is an elite talent. Especially none with true playmaking ability like we had over the years with Hall, then Grothe then Daniels. Their ability to carry the team and make plays consistently masked the deficiencies we have always had on offense in the last 10 years or so.

We have a below average team that needed great coaching to win 50% of our games. Unfortunately we did not get that this year.  We had a weak schedule this year and enough talent to compete in the middle of the pack

Play calling was/is suspect...Time management is fair....We are not holding our lanes on D.....Penalties are hurting....All these problems are fixable by better coaching

Who is our OC? OC should be gone at the end of the season. Our O is very predictable and undisciplined. I can't stomach another season with this brand of O

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

I got news for you. This offense will always be predictable. That is how the offense is supposed to be run. It is not meant to try to fool anyone. It is a power offense. As in overpowering the defense. People keep saying it is predictable. Well of course it is. It is based on the ability to beat the guy on the other side of the line.

If you can't establish the running game you can't run play action to a FB or TE or swing passes or screens to a back.

The concept is not the complicated part. The complicated part is the shifting required to create matchups and weak spots in the defense then have everyone on the offense reading the same thing and adjusting to execute the right play at the right time.

Perfect example of messing up a play because one guy screws up his assignment was the play against Memphis where we shifted the tackle and TE to the right side of the line where we should have overmatched their DL. Someone on the backside didn't read that 2 guys on D stayed home, left 2 guys unblocked and they stopped the play in the backfield before it developed.

If everyone on offense reads the play correctly you have a convoy of OL downfield blocking DBs. That is how the play is designed, but if one cog breaks down the rest of the machine blows up.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

Sometimes CWT just looks like he's in a fog, or something.

UCHOHKTOSJUFMRE.20131124040352.jpg

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I'm a patient person when it comes to rebuilding a team, but Tags needs to fire himself as the OC and get someone who can actually call a decent game. We've now had all of spring, fall and 10 games, yet we still can't even muster first downs. Pathetic. The play calling is the most boring, uninspiring and unoriginal thing I've ever witnessed. There is no excuse for it. We might not have massive talent but we have enough to get 10 f'n yards. This crap cannot continue. We have enough talent to score more than 6 f'n points against SMU.

Want a offensive system that features two tight ends with a power run game that puts up points and can be exciting, go talk to Bill O'Brien.