• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The staff has shown a willingness to put new guys in. Specifically, If they're not further playing guys on the line I deduce those guys must be completely not ready Since threatt is playing as a true freshman.

We've seen Davis, Gonzalez, bravo brown, Hopkins, welch, Jordan Duval at wide receiver. Think we're scraping the bottom here.

Not sure it could be worse. Knowing who we've recruited and who's on the bench I am not sure it would be much better.

BTW, I'm not relieving the staff of responsibility. Clearly what they are teaching is not getting through. However, there are some real limitations on this team physically.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Coach T is not the man for the job. A quality coach could have done more with this team than he did, it's not like we are playing in the SEC. We have better talent than most of our interconference opponents. I am officially over T until I see some changes. Recruiting is going to be horrid this off season and next season we might see 4-5 wins.

We have a top 30 recruiting class coming in

BTW, I'm not relieving the staff of responsibility. Clear lying what they are teaching is not getting through. However, there are some real limitations on this team physically.

I don't agree. Adapt the offense.

They've incorporated spread, option, pistol formations and more 3 and 4 wide receiver than the base offense calks for. They also have moved linemen to TE to generate some run blocking. They're doing a lot to get something going. Nothing is working. And when it does work someone is called for holding.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I don't understand this "he had 16 days to prepare!" argument. If having more time always meant the team performed better, then every season opening game every year would be a masterpiece of amazing execution, and every team would gradually get worse during the season. That of course makes no sense. You could have given the team 16 weeks instead of 16 days and it wouldn't have suddenly made the team not suck.
That makes no sense because games in November are after the team was together for months vs week 1. 16 days mean you have double the time the other team does to prepare for that specific game via film study of the other team. It's more time to learn, formulate and practice a game plan.

Except the team sucks, and sucks bad. Taggart may not prove to be a great coach, I am not taking a side in that debate, but the problems with this team are much deeper than simply throwing an extra week of film study, etc., can correct. A good performance would have been nice to see, but that we didn't get one is hardly surprising.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

A concern to me is the question of how complicated this offensive system is.  If you have a starting senior center who, according to the Willie Taggart Show yesterday morning, is just starting to fully understand the system then what happens every year when you lose senior players?  I guess there will be some guys that are backups from the year before that will "know" the system.  But then how do you ever expect an incoming freshmen to learn the system over 4 weeks of summer camp? 

And the sequence of calling plays really is old already.  Run on 1st down up the middle, run on 2nd down up the middle, throw a pass short of the first down marker on 3rd down and punt on 4th down.  Real creative.  How freaking complicated is it to learn a run up the middle play?  Something just doesn't seem right to me with this whole thing.  Was told by someone that should know that the system isn't "that" complicated. 

Got to give Willie 3 more years but I'm starting to question his coaching.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Coach T is not the man for the job. A quality coach could have done more with this team than he did, it's not like we are playing in the SEC. We have better talent than most of our interconference opponents. I am officially over T until I see some changes. Recruiting is going to be horrid this off season and next season we might see 4-5 wins.

Link?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

A concern to me is the question of how complicated this offensive system is.  If you have a starting senior center who, according to the Willie Taggart Show yesterday morning, is just starting to fully understand the system then what happens every year when you lose senior players?  I guess there will be some guys that are backups from the year before that will "know" the system.  But then how do you ever expect an incoming freshmen to learn the system over 4 weeks of summer camp? 

And the sequence of calling plays really is old already.  Run on 1st down up the middle, run on 2nd down up the middle, throw a pass short of the first down marker on 3rd down and punt on 4th down.  Real creative.  How freaking complicated is it to learn a run up the middle play?  Something just doesn't seem right to me with this whole thing.  Was told by someone that should know that the system isn't "that" complicated. 

Got to give Willie 3 more years but I'm starting to question his coaching.

I agree I don't think the scheme is all that complicated. the motion part of it seems to be the only complicated part and they are having a tough time with that. maybe after the 10th false start/illegal motion they should just line up and run the play. this will never be an exciting offense. I think it's built as a ball control, run first offense that is meant to chew clock and wear down defenses.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I am losing faith in CWT... I didn't expect him to win 6 games but the offense has not improved at all this year and that falls on coaching.

USF should have gone after a coach that had some experience with the sort of offense Holtz was running before the turn around would have been quicker  possibly..... CWT is trying to install a whole new offense and if it fails it will be another 2+ years to turn the potential CWT disaster around...we could be looking at another 4 years of this if CWT isn't the man.  Better hope he is. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Link?

Sorry it has dropped some. It is now 46. Still not too bad. You can Google it in Rivals.