• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Here is something to consider: Jimmy Johnson went 1-11 in his first year as coach of the Cowboys after taking over from Landry who went 3-13 the previous year. In year 3, the Cowboys won 11 games and won the super bowl in year 4. I think you will see this team improve over the two years as Tags gets his type of players , although I am not predicting national championship by year 4 :)

NFL.

College.

I'm not saying Tags won't get it right, but they're very different types of leagues

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Here is something to consider: Jimmy Johnson went 1-11 in his first year as coach of the Cowboys after taking over from Landry who went 3-13 the previous year. In year 3, the Cowboys won 11 games and won the super bowl in year 4. I think you will see this team improve over the two years as Tags gets his type of players , although I am not predicting national championship by year 4 :)

NFL.

College.

I'm not saying Tags won't get it right, but they're very different types of leagues

So what you are saying is we don't have anyone like Herschel Walker that we can trade for a few first and second rounders? We can't do that in college? Oh man, that's what we need.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  0

No, it's recruiting first rounders

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

CWT is our coach, Holtz is not. Holtz had his chance HERE. Comparing one over another is pointless.

Wally-World-Moose-Punch.jpg

it is-- the moose outside shoulda told ya

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

CWT is our coach, Holtz is not. Holtz had his chance HERE. Comparing one over another is pointless.

Good luck with that ...

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

I can't believe you guys are saying that he ONLY went 7-5 at WKU. WKU was the worst, by far, program in the whole country. I'm talking Southern Miss,FIU bad and to get that team to a winning record was a huge success. WKU of 2012 would wipe the floor with this team and anyone who says otherwise is delusional. Right now he has a 2.94 star average in recruiting for next year and the next closest in conference is Cincy at 2.48. He is recruiting better then half the Pac-12, and about 15 other P5 level teams, not to mention that he only has filled 18 slots so far. The play calling was trash yesterday, I agree with all of you on that, but changing the whole playbook to try to beat Memphis is something that a coach like Skip Holtz does. Either way the 1st year of any coaching tenure is almost always a reflection on the prior tenure. Look at Holtz's 1st year, it was a typical Leavitt season. Muschamp's 1st for UF, was like a Meyer season. You can go through almost anywhere in CGB and the 1st year means nothing, except for recruiting. It sucks a** waiting but thats just how it goes.

The man can recruit. I don't think anyone can argue that. He still had an overall losing record at WKU. He turned them from the absolute bottom of the college football world to somewhat respectable though, but to me, playing in that conference WKU played in I don't think he got that program turned around because of his X's and O's coaching or "style". When you're playing Indiana State, Arkansas State, FIU, Louisiana Monroe, North Texas, Troy, etc. simply putting better talent on the field will help you win 50-60% of your games. I put 85% of the blame on Holtz and what he left Taggart but Taggart absolutely takes some of the blame.

Couldn't come up with a game plan good enough to even compete with McNeese State or FAU. He had 16 days to prepare for Memphis and we turned in that pile of crap. THAT FALLS ON COACHING. Look at Temple/UCF. Temple doesn't have nearly the talent UCF has but they gave them a run for the money. Due to a good game plan and good coaching.

Taggart has the passion and fire I want in a coach for us, but his actual coaching ability is what I question. All I know is for the rest of the season Taggart has GOT TO open up the playbook and be EXTREMELY AGGRESSIVE. Throw the ball down the field. We have nothing to lose.

You do understand that to throw the ball down field for completions he must have lineman talented and physical enough that they can hold blocks long enough for the receiver to get down field. Then the next step is for the receivers to have the ability to get open and/or at least some separation. That is, of course, that they actually run the correct routes. The last part is the receivers must actually be able to catch the ball.

We haven't really seen any of these capabilities out of the OL or receivers on a consistent basis in the last 3 seasons.

It all sounds great on paper, the history of the last three years has proven that we lack the talent at receiver and at OL (which I blame more on Skip's not properly developing the OL physically and mentally). Bj masked the OL problems with his ability to keep the play alive and make throws on the run.

Andre Davis is the only decent receiver on this team. When he decides to show up he is better than average, but not a game changer.

THERE ARE NO PLAYMAKERS on the field for this team this year.

Maybe CWT shoulda tried to keep Mitchell, Griffin, Montgomery. A healthy Griffin is 3x the WR Davis is.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

There have been some improvements from last year to this year. But my worry is about the rigidity of CT and his offense. For example when pre-snap shifting is costing huge yardage and scoring opportunities maybe u should show some common sense and cut the **** out; especially when u are on your 1yrd line.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

I'm still on the fence as far as if you have a system, but not he puzzle pieces, do you still implement the system?  He probably should have looked at what he had and made the best out of it while continuing to recruit for his system.  We're almost done with the season and the players are still failing to understand the offense.  I'd prefer winning, but if I saw improvement and discipline, I'd be satisfied for the time being.  I'm just a fan, not the coach, so my neck isn't on the chopping block.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

I'm going to let him recruit up and we better have a well oiled machine next year with all this shifting penalty junk.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

He gets paid a lot of money for us to trust him. Need to see some results next year.