• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

At UCF is tailgating not allowed across the whole campus? I thought universities that have an OCS tend to allow tailgating anywhere on campus, is this not the case at UCF?

Shadow claims he/she went yesterday but makes this ridiculous claim. UCF Tailgating is awesome and I've yet to hear anyone IRL complain about it. It's a unique setup that Fans love

There are fans Tailgaiting all over Campus, as far away as the surface lots by the UCF Rec Center. There are packs of tailgaters by the VAB Building, Reflecting Pond, Lake Claire, Greek Row then the most condensed areas being the Donor Grass lots right by the Stadium Gates, Memory Mall, & the softball lot. Then you have the fans that just hang out at the Campus Bars and Bars just off Campus

The tailgaters outside the main tailgating area must have been invisible since I drove around campus and didn't see a soul tailgating in any of the lots I drove through.  

Apparently they count people hanging out in bars on and off campus as tailgaters so maybe that's where they were .... and if they're counting people in bars off campus, the 50K tailgaters may be legit. I'm sure there were a ton of people in the Orlando area in sports bars watching other games.

True.  But the Tampa Bay area has significantly more people and bars, so under those rules USF has 100,000 tailgaters for each game.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

At UCF is tailgating not allowed across the whole campus? I thought universities that have an OCS tend to allow tailgating anywhere on campus, is this not the case at UCF?

Shadow claims he/she went yesterday but makes this ridiculous claim. UCF Tailgating is awesome and I've yet to hear anyone IRL complain about it. It's a unique setup that Fans love

There are fans Tailgaiting all over Campus, as far away as the surface lots by the UCF Rec Center. There are packs of tailgaters by the VAB Building, Reflecting Pond, Lake Claire, Greek Row then the most condensed areas being the Donor Grass lots right by the Stadium Gates, Memory Mall, & the softball lot. Then you have the fans that just hang out at the Campus Bars and Bars just off Campus

Are you deaf and stupid?  

The USF Alumni throw a tailgate for EVERY away game, but because of the actions of UCF they are having the party in Tampa and driving over to the game. I was told by a UCF student, "Do NOT bring your car with USF anything on it because it will probably get keyed."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

Are you deaf and stupid?  

The USF Alumni throw a tailgate for EVERY away game, but because of the actions of UCF they are having the party in Tampa and driving over to the game. I was told by a UCF student, "Do NOT bring your car with USF anything on it because it will probably get keyed."

I think what he was talking about there was UCF fans not complaining about their "tailgating" set up over there ... He'd be an idiot to try and deny the take your life into your own hands atmosphere visiting fans face there.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I've been to two UCF games on campus (Texas '07 and USF '08) and I think the experience falls somewhere between the extremes. I wouldn't say its the greatest tailgating in the country, but it was pretty good. I didn't have any problems with any of the fans either, but that might be due to being a grown man who knows how not to be a drunk idiot in USF gear on their campus (probably didn't hurt that I was with a group of UCF alumni and not on my own). I have no idea where I was at in terms of lots, buildings, etc., but I was near a 2 story parking garage and we did some walking around and the tailgating was sort of everywhere/anywhere people had room to pop up tents and hang out. Green and gold goggles off, it was no better or worse than ours. We just don't have buildings and things breaking people up into pockets, so the RJS parking lot tailgating looks more continuous. UCF tailgating does have one advantage over USF though, you're allowed to throw a football around.

Edited by JTrue

I've been to two UCF games on campus (Texas '07 and USF '08) and I think the experience falls somewhere between the extremes. I wouldn't say its the greatest tailgating in the country, but it was pretty good. I didn't have any problems with any of the fans either, but that might be due to being a grown man who knows how not to be a drunk idiot in USF gear on their campus (probably didn't hurt that I was with a group of UCF alumni and not on my own). I have no idea where I was at in terms of lots, buildings, etc., but I was near a 2 story parking garage and we did some walking around and the tailgating was sort of everywhere/anywhere people had room to pop up tents and hang out. Green and gold goggles off, it was no better or worse than ours. We just don't have buildings and things breaking people up into pockets, so the RJS parking lot tailgating looks more continuous. UCF tailgating does have one advantage over USF though, you're allowed to throw a football around.

I guess that's a lot to lot enforcement type thing. We're in Lot 3 and I see football throwing pretty much every game .... of course, they could be told to stop after I see them.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I guess that's a lot to lot enforcement type thing. We're in Lot 3 and I see football throwing pretty much every game .... of course, they could be told to stop after I see them.

I asked one of the RJS guys one time about it and he said footballs were damaging cars. I pointed out that it was perfectly fine for me to drink absurd amounts of booze and start fires, but throwing a football around is a problem? He shrugged and gave me the, "dude, I make minimum wage" face and walked away.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=148136

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Yes...you can tailgate basically ANYWHERE on campus.

Boosters get the grass stadium lots to park/tailgate in close to the stadium...but the rest of the campus is basically a first come, first serve for any green spots or tailgating in lots. (Free parking in Red/Blue lots).

Most UCF Boosters get to park/tailgate first at 8 AM in the football stadium, baseball stadium and softball stadium parking lots, regardless of kickoff time. 

Other areas, like Memory Mall, which is open to students and lower level boosters, has basically tent spots to avoid overcrowding and allow emergency personnel through...but all the other green areas on campus (closer to red/blue lots) are open for tailgating purposes.

ucf-campus-parking-map-13.jpg

UCF Booster Parking

gameday-parking-map-13-600.jpg

I asked one of the RJS guys one time about it and he said footballs were damaging cars. I pointed out that it was perfectly fine for me to drink absurd amounts of booze and start fires, but throwing a football around is a problem? He shrugged and gave me the, "dude, I make minimum wage" face and walked away.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=148136

Actually, having a seen a football knock over a lit charcoal grill, I understand the policy ... the RJS guys/gals in our lot probably are okay with it as long as it's not anywhere near grills and the ones I've seen throwing have been a decent distance away.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

KL is right.  There were 50k tailgating on campus on Saturday, maybe more.  There were 45k at the game and not everyone tailgating had a ticket.  UCF has confused some outsiders that think Memory Mall is the only area to tailgate, when in fact it's primarily the student tailgate area.  There were people all over campus tailgating as far back as the admin building 1 mile from the stadium.  Yes, you can tailgate anywhere you want, mostly.  Why do you all shoot down everything said from UCF fans?  Do you all really think that UCF only had 10k tailgating for a game that had 45k in attendance?  UCF could fit 70k on campus to tailgate, if they wanted.  It's a big campus and plenty of room.  People also park in garages and drag their tents in the shady areas around the education building, library and all around.  Don't see how that is so unbelievable to you all.

Edited by Goldenbuc

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

In before deep seated  hating "Shadow" response. :)

Seems kind of dumb to argue over a number than can not be proved or disproved.

They were a lot of people tailgating and the stadium was nearly full.

Move on in my lone opinion.