• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Elijah Ironside QB Hillgrove High School, Powder Springs GA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

He's not even a diamond in the rough. He's still coal.

Reminds me of Trenton Miller who walked on here. QB for a very good HS team with no offers. Of course some thought he was the second coming. Not even on the team anymore as I recall.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

High school performance counts for about 1% and the other 99% is projectability. It seems people who get paid to have an opinion think he has a very limited ceiling.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

High school performance counts for about 1% and the other 99% is projectability. It seems people who get paid to have an opinion think he has a very limited ceiling.

When you read about players like Kaepernick lucking into a scholarship you know the system isn't perfect by any means.  And its not signing day yet. 

• Topic Count:  2,334
  • Content Count:  21,328
  • Days Won:  10

An injury to white and you're back to bench/floyd. Recruiting qbs are a high priority,and I hope cwt can pull in a few good ones.

I'm afraid that doesn't matter. Now that Matt "Heisman" White has played one game, no another QB in recruit in the country will sign with us until he leaves to be the first pick in the NFL draft.

At least that's what I read on a message board somewhere...

This is our most likely scenerio. Definitely is something I'm a bit worried about.
Get the name right Databull

Dude, give it a rest.

Suck it professor

Edited by Rizman

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

He's not even a diamond in the rough. He's still coal.

Reminds me of Trenton Miller who walked on here. QB for a very good HS team with no offers. Of course some thought he was the second coming. Not even on the team anymore as I recall.

Transferred to D2 Mars Hill over the summer.  He's their starting QB now.  Unfortunately they went 3-8 this year.

Doesn't seem to hold a grudge against USF:

Tough to see my bros out there playing at usf . @MW_514 good game man. I've been there keep ur head up #GOBULLS

When you read about players like Kaepernick lucking into a scholarship you know the system isn't perfect by any means. And its not signing day yet.

That's a shade skewed when you leave out the fact that most schools assumed he was going to accept one of his baseball offers. It's not like they didn't know who he was.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

When you read about players like Kaepernick lucking into a scholarship you know the system isn't perfect by any means. And its not signing day yet.

That's a shade skewed when you leave out the fact that most schools assumed he was going to accept one of his baseball offers. It's not like they didn't know who he was.

If slick was really on his game tonight, he would have used Aaron Rodgers as his example - Rodgers didn't get a scholly right out of HS, had to prove himself in juco, and even then, he happened to get noticed because Cal's coach was there to see someone else ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5380493

If slick was really on his game tonight, he would have used Aaron Rodgers as his example - Rodgers didn't get a scholly right out of HS, had to prove himself in juco, and even then, he happened to get noticed because Cal's coach was there to see someone else ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5380493

Kaepernick was a legit high school pitcher with the perfect build for it. Had multiple offers including Norte Dame. Obviously no one saw what he'd become, but you can't blame them for shying away from a 6-5 170 lb pitcher everyone said was going to play another sport.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

When you read about players like Kaepernick lucking into a scholarship you know the system isn't perfect by any means.  And its not signing day yet. 

And for every Kaepernick there are a few hundred that get an opportunity to walk on and never even earn a scholly.  No, the system isn't perfect.  But the world is getting smaller every year.  There are a lot less guys sneaking through the cracks than there used to be.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

As an aside. CK was a close friend and spent a lot of time with my best friends family in Turlock. He always wanted to play FB according to my friend. Funny how things work out.