• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Elijah Ironside QB Hillgrove High School, Powder Springs GA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He'll play in the Dec 21 County Senior Bowl. Invited scouts will be in attendance as many players from several state top 10 teams will be playing.

They've been holding it since 2008 and of those that played, over 600 played in college, many in the NFL.

http://www.americanyouthcouncil.com/page/show/251691-cobb-all-star-senior-bowl

How is that even possible?

130 kids in the game x 5 years = 650 kids

You're telling me that literally EVERY kid in that game goes on to play college football?

It is quite possible.  Shocking though it may seem, Division I represents only a small fraction of all college football players.

I played baseball in Broward County, which churns out college baseball players by the truckload, and even my county senior All-Star game didn't produce collegiate players at the same rate Cobb County does football players. And thats factoring in Broward is the 5th largest school district in the country and our rosters for the game were about 25 players, so 50 total.

If that number is accurate, it must have the highest per capita rate of players in the nation.

Shouldn't be too hard to verify.  The list of this year's players is on the website.  Look up ten of them in February.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

He'll play in the Dec 21 County Senior Bowl. Invited scouts will be in attendance as many players from several state top 10 teams will be playing.

They've been holding it since 2008 and of those that played, over 600 played in college, many in the NFL.

You're telling me that literally EVERY kid in that game goes on to play college football?

It is quite possible.  Shocking though it may seem, Division I represents only a small fraction of all college football players.

I played baseball in Broward County, which churns out college baseball players by the truckload, and even my county senior All-Star game didn't produce collegiate players at the same rate Cobb County does football players. And thats factoring in Broward is the 5th largest school district in the country and our rosters for the game were about 25 players, so 50 total.

If that number is accurate, it must have the highest per capita rate of players in the nation.

Shouldn't be too hard to verify.  The list of this year's players is on the website.  Look up ten of them in February.

maybe that would be a good job for you to tackle, but I would recommend looking at a hundred(more representative). And when you're done with that maybe look at all D-1 schools and see where players cone from. And then.........

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Wouldn't be surprised. There are 21 high schools in this county and this is the cream of the seniors. And I'm not telling you, they are.

Ironside is the co-offensive player of the year for the county.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

maybe that would be a good job for you to tackle, but I would recommend looking at a hundred(more representative). And when you're done with that maybe look at all D-1 schools and see where players cone from. And then.........

And then, you can stick to your own conversations and stop butting into to others.  And then, I recommend you actually read and realize the statement was "college" players not "D-1" players, and then...

Yes, it's all levels of college/JUCO football, totally plausible.

Oh, and I read an article on the last game, he threw his 40th TD pass of the season so that puts him as the 7th to do that in GA high school football history.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Oh, and I read an article on the last game, he threw his 40th TD pass of the season so that puts him as the 7th to do that in GA high school football history.

has the kid gotten any offers yet?

has the kid gotten any offers yet?

I only know of an offer from Dean College. Looking it up it looks like one of the better JUCO schools with multiple conference wins and in the too 10 JUCO schools in 2011. I expect if he plays in the All Star Senior Bowl, he'll get more, scouts will be on hand. Maybe some from USF.

http://www.dean.edu/football.aspx

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Slick, if this guy gets a D1 scholly, he should give you 10% of its value! :D

Slick, if this guy gets a D1 scholly, he should give you 10% of its value! :D

Well, lol, I had nothing to do with it, I just noticed it.

I don't think it makes sense why he's being looked over. Not just by USF, but anyone. He's the same size, or bigger, than Flowers, so that can't be it. Grades? Can't be on field performance or level of competition either. They probably would have won the state championship if he didn't get concussed. They sure did better against the team that won than who they played in the championship game, Norcross.