• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will the fans be gentle this season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Fans should call it like they see it.  No need to be gentle.  Holtz was a debacle, so I am glad the fans turned up the heat (though the last game was awkward).

I applaud the fans who stuck around that night to boo Skippy off the field.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I don't expect a miracle, but I'm still confused on why everyone thinks the cupboard is completely bare. If you use our recent recruiting as a gauge of talent on the roster, we're basically the same level we've been at forever. If you use Rivals as an example (don't bother ******** about recruiting rankings and what they mean, if we're only using USF as the example, it doesn't matter if we're higher or lower than more "popular" schools since we're the constant every year), explain how we've fallen off.

2003: 61

2004: 57

2005: 50

2006: 59

2007: 58

2008: 54

2009: 29

2010: 62

2011: 63 (Andre Davis's class, for what its worth)

2012: 49

2013: 47

Or since its Holtz we're talking about, his 49 is infinitely worse than CWT's 47? 

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

I don't expect a miracle, but I'm still confused on why everyone thinks the cupboard is completely bare. If you use our recent recruiting as a gauge of talent on the roster, we're basically the same level we've been at forever. If you use Rivals as an example (don't bother ******** about recruiting rankings and what they mean, if we're only using USF as the example, it doesn't matter if we're higher or lower than more "popular" schools since we're the constant every year), explain how we've fallen off.

Or since its Holtz we're talking about, his 49 is infinitely worse than CWT's 47? 

this makes me happy actually

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Those 62 and 63 classes are the guys that should be contributing this year... notice how they followed a 29... that is the issue. There are what, 3-4 guys left off of that 2009 class. 2010 was the year that Leavitt got fired, understandable on that one dropping, but, the following year, we went to a bowl, beat ND, and should have had a MUCH MUCH better class than a 63 ranking.

I think the proof is in the drop from 29 to 62 from Leavitt to Holtz (again, expected with a coaching change), but, our new coach comes in and actually does a better job recruiting in the last 7 weeks or so than Holtz did the year prior? Pretty impressive. I don't think we lost any guys in the class that would have lowered our ranking either, so, the guys that Tags picked up to finish out the class only served to improve what Holtz had assembled to that point.

I *think* that Lynch also counted toward the final 2012 ranking? Someone correct me on that if I am wrong... that was probably good for a big jump in the rankings (Just like JPP in 2009 boosted us into the top 30).

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Lynch did not count toward any class.

I know every class has its share of misses, but that 2009 class owes a good bit of its high ranking to 4-stars Bradley Battles and Adaris Bellamy. My point was, its not like all of a sudden we went from a roster overflowing with talent to one that should be in the Sun Belt. And thats not a knock. I just continue to be amazed at the pure hatred for everything Skip Holtz. 

Edited by JTrue

Those 62 and 63 classes are the guys that should be contributing this year... notice how they followed a 29... that is the issue. There are what, 3-4 guys left off of that 2009 class. 2010 was the year that Leavitt got fired, understandable on that one dropping, but, the following year, we went to a bowl, beat ND, and should have had a MUCH MUCH better class than a 63 ranking.

I think the proof is in the drop from 29 to 62 from Leavitt to Holtz (again, expected with a coaching change), but, our new coach comes in and actually does a better job recruiting in the last 7 weeks or so than Holtz did the year prior? Pretty impressive. I don't think we lost any guys in the class that would have lowered our ranking either, so, the guys that Tags picked up to finish out the class only served to improve what Holtz had assembled to that point.

I *think* that Lynch also counted toward the final 2012 ranking? Someone correct me on that if I am wrong... that was probably good for a big jump in the rankings (Just like JPP in 2009 boosted us into the top 30).

1) CJL and Holtz both averaged a 53 ranked recruiting class.

2) I like how you're completely ignoring the fact that AW (the #1 ranked dual threat QB in the country left because Holtz was fired) jumped ship on CWT's class. And who did Tags pick up to improve the class, White? I'll hold off on calling that a win until both guys have played a game in college, but lets just say AW has a shade more upside right now.

And this isn't a Holtz love-fest, I'm just saying that its comical how the Holtz haters can look at numbers and see something totally different than another set of eyes.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,033
  • Days Won:  38

Fans should call it like they see it.  No need to be gentle.  Holtz was a debacle, so I am glad the fans turned up the heat (though the last game was awkward).

I applaud the fans who stuck around that night to boo Skippy off the field.  

I have it on video right by the tunnel.  Awkward.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1) CJL and Holtz both averaged a 53 ranked recruiting class.

2) I like how you're completely ignoring the fact that AW (the #1 ranked dual threat QB in the country left because Holtz was fired) jumped ship on CWT's class. And who did Tags pick up to improve the class, White? I'll hold off on calling that a win until both guys have played a game in college, but lets just say AW has a shade more upside right now.

And this isn't a Holtz love-fest, I'm just saying that its comical how the Holtz haters can look at numbers and see something totally different than another set of eyes.

the only numbers that mattered

year 3 3-9

couldn't care less what rivals ranks our recruits. win-loss is all they are judged by. skip stunk.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,033
  • Days Won:  38

One person could take a C level recruit and make magic happen while the other person could take a sleeping giant and kill it.