• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will the fans be gentle this season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

personally I don't care about the record. if the players play hard and don't quit then results will take care of themselves eventually.

I just hope Tags doesn't make some of the boneheaded decisions Holtz used to make. not use timeouts while time is running out, passing inside our own 20 with under 1 minute in a close game, settling for a FG from the opponents 2 on second down with plenty of time and multiple timeouts before end of half, kicking meaningless FGs to prevent a shutout, etc etc.

we should be able to tell how he reacts in certain situations. I haven't watched him coach but I really hope he has a better head on his shoulders and doesn't panic like Holtz and company.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

There's already been a fire thread, too late

this....OP must have some people ignored or something

There wasn't a Fire Thread. There as a make changes mid season if the defense is a disaster due to coaching thread.  Seems to be too hard a concept to gasp for most.  Changes could be reassignment or sharing of responsibilities or changes in who is calling plays etc. Just do SOMETHING and don't let the entire season go to pot. And its happened mid season at other FBS schools so its not anything new. What I was surprised to see was most wanted to ride out the entire season if there was an obvious coaching issue and not do anything about it mid season even with this being the last BCS year and with next year and beyond bowl ties almost non-existent. Those must be the people who weren't around for the 2002 season of 9 wins, no bowl game.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

New coaches get a free pass their first year.  Taggart will be no exception.  He could go 0-12 and won't be fired barring some misconduct or scandal.  

Doesn't mean some of the, "fans" on here won't be calling for it.

I consider myself pretty level-headed, but if Taggart actually went 0-12, I don't think it would be unreasonable to question whether he was the right man for the job.  (Disclaimer: I don't think we will go 0-12.)

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I'm on the bus and expect a ****** season... but I will not tolerate a loss to UCF. I'm sure many will agree with me on this one.

We are not bad, but not that bad.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Not sure why OP even asks this questions. The fans' reactions are as wide a spectrum as the fans' personalities. If we lose to McNeese, there will already be people lining up on the "fire" bandwagon, and there'll be just as many saying we all just need to chill.

I do feel like this year we have a little school honor at stake, though, and CWT already sees that and knows the haters will emerge at some point. 2 days til it all starts!! Just 2 days!!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Coach T expects to win, now.

And so do I.

That being said, as much as I'd love for it I don't expect us to go 12-0 or 10-2 or even 8-4. I willl be happy with FORWARD PROGESS.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

New coaches get a free pass their first year.  Taggart will be no exception.  He could go 0-12 and won't be fired barring some misconduct or scandal.  

Doesn't mean some of the, "fans" on here won't be calling for it.

I consider myself pretty level-headed, but if Taggart actually went 0-12, I don't think it would be unreasonable to question whether he was the right man for the job.  (Disclaimer: I don't think we will go 0-12.)

0-12 would mean losses to McNeese State and FAU .... even I don't think it would be unreasonable to question, either.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

I'm on the bus and expect a ****** season... but I will not tolerate a loss to UCF. I'm sure many will agree with me on this one.

So what does "I will not tolerate a loss to UCF" mean? You'll start calling for CWT's head?

We are not bad, but not that bad.

If you think a loss to UCF would be a huge upset, you'd be mistaken ... probably not even an upset at all considering UCF was picked ahead of us in the conference.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Please-Be-Gentle-Funny-Demotivational-Po

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Chicken Littles will be out in full effect if we lose to FAU and UCF; I think it's very plausible that we lose to the Knights this season. I just want to see us improve in conference play, and I'd love to see a gritty foundation in place. We're in a weaker conference this year, so I think an improvement in conference play is certainly within reach. I can't wait to see this team against McNeese.