• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will the fans be gentle this season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Exactly why I'm optimistic. If Leavitt could roll out 8 wins with essentially the same level talent CWT has on the roster right now, why can't we expect (hope?) for the same?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

AW didn't jump ship on CWT's class, he jumped ship right after Holtz got fired, well before CWT was hired.  CWT can't be faulted for losing AW when he never had him in the first place.  

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

I`m handing the 'Holtz Lover' title over to JTrue.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

AW didn't jump ship on CWT's class, he jumped ship right after Holtz got fired, well before CWT was hired.  CWT can't be faulted for losing AW when he never had him in the first place.  

I wouldn't call a week, "well before". Holtz out Dec 2, Taggart in Dec 8.

I wouldn't call a week, "well before". Holtz out Dec 2, Taggart in Dec 8.

Actually, if you want to nitpick, 6 days isn't a week.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,691
  • Days Won:  424

I don't expect a miracle, but I'm still confused on why everyone thinks the cupboard is completely bare. If you use our recent recruiting as a gauge of talent on the roster, we're basically the same level we've been at forever. If you use Rivals as an example (don't bother ******** about recruiting rankings and what they mean, if we're only using USF as the example, it doesn't matter if we're higher or lower than more "popular" schools since we're the constant every year), explain how we've fallen off.

2003: 61

2004: 57

2005: 50

2006: 59

2007: 58

2008: 54

2009: 29

2010: 62

2011: 63 (Andre Davis's class, for what its worth)

2012: 49

2013: 47

Or since its Holtz we're talking about, his 49 is infinitely worse than CWT's 47? 

Those 62 and 63 classes are the guys that should be contributing this year... notice how they followed a 29... that is the issue. There are what, 3-4 guys left off of that 2009 class. 2010 was the year that Leavitt got fired, understandable on that one dropping, but, the following year, we went to a bowl, beat ND, and should have had a MUCH MUCH better class than a 63 ranking.

The beating of Notre Dame would have been reflected in the 2012 class, not 2011 ... if the next years' recruiting is reflected by the immediate previous year ... which is really not born out in those figures. If that were so, 2012 would have been worse than 2010 and 2011.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,691
  • Days Won:  424

I know every class has its share of misses, but that 2009 class owes a good bit of its high ranking to 4-stars Bradley Battles and Adaris Bellamy. My point was, its not like all of a sudden we went from a roster overflowing with talent to one that should be in the Sun Belt. And thats not a knock. I just continue to be amazed at the pure hatred for everything Skip Holtz. 

Fans should call it like they see it.  No need to be gentle.  Holtz was a debacle, so I am glad the fans turned up the heat (though the last game was awkward).

I applaud the fans who stuck around that night to boo Skippy off the field.  

At times, the word fan can be synonymous with douchebag ... 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Nah, I think you have that one firmly in your system, kinda like herpes. :D UCF is also on standby ready to give you another "gift that keeps on giving."

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

True. But the statement made that  "I don't think we lost any guys in the class that would have lowered our ranking either, so, the guys that Tags picked up to finish out the class only served to improve what Holtz had assembled to that point" probably isn't the most accurate thing I've read today.

Edited by JTrue

Nah, I think you have that one firmly in your system, kinda like herpes. :D UCF is also on standby ready to give you another "gift that keeps on giving."

:roflmao:  :roflmao: