• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Floyd named starting QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Fwiw Hem I'm not trying to pick on you. I think of everyone here you'd probably be the best person to match me at a game. I imagine you're like me and get ticked off with people who sit on their hands and have no involvement in the game. And give you dirty looks when you stand and cheer for the defense

Don't think you're picking on anyone. I just get so sick of the pessimists on here who can't wait to be right and begin trolling.

Predict 3-9 with blowouts (over and over again on all threads that can possibly relate), and then if it does happen..how cool does that make you? You should be sad that we've had another bad season, not "I told you we'd suck! Haha I was right!"

Get out there and expect to win every game, cheer for your team (this is YOUR team, everyone else already wants/expects you to lose...why add to that?), get loud, stand up, and be sad if we lose...not apathetic about the season before we've even played a down. You can call it "realistic", I call it a piss poor attitude.

I couldn't agree more. 

If you absolutely love this university and its' programs, then why bash it, why say we are going to win only 3 or 4 games...or even be:  quote on quote "realistic" about what may happen???

I mean, do you tell your child that he is not going to make it as a football player or soccer player or anything else for that matters that he strives to be??  Because you are a realist???  I know I'm stretching a little here comparing the love you have for a football team to a love you have for a child, but positive attitude and positive outlook is contagious.  Same goes for negativity...real or not.

And I know it's a free country and you are free to say anything you want, but seriously??

Um...HUGE difference.  Direct communication to a child, who values your opinion and depends on you, in large part for his growth v. an anon on a thread saying he predicts 4-8, which has absolutely ZERO affect on the players or coaches.

I think as long as you aren't personally attacking players or coaches (or even each other), you should be able to share your thoughts or opinions without being derided.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

Should be interesting what tags does when mcneese is winning at halfime

Fire the defensive coordinator ....

That's just it. The DC's defenses in the past only shined when the team had a top 5 offense keeping them off the field and HoF caliber talent. When the team had neither they were disasters of epic proportions.

We should make a trophy to commemorate those epically bad defenses.

Just wondering if the "J" is for jackass. If not, it should be. True?

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Should be interesting what tags does when mcneese is winning at halfime

Fire the defensive coordinator ....
That's just it. The DC's defenses in the past only shined when the team had a top 5 offense keeping them off the field and HoF caliber talent. When the team had neither they were disasters of epic proportions.
We should make a trophy to commemorate those epically bad defenses.

Just wondering if the "J" is for jackass. If not, it should be. True?
That was a slick put down. You're wasting your talents marketing that game with a fancy trophy and name when you should be writing comedy. Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

If there is a thread asking me for predictions of the season, I make an effort to predict what our record will be at the end of the season.  Predicting 12 - 0 is a wish not a prediction.  Someone that predicts 8 - 4 and another that predicts 4 - 8 are still Bulls fans.  One is just assessing the upcoming season differently that the other.

My :2cents:

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

...or even be:  quote on quote "realistic" about what may happen???

Because being unrealistic doesn't seem to pay big dividends.

It's one thing to desire that USF wins every game they play, quite another to rationally believe it's going to happen.

Rather than be realistic about a new coach and a rebuilding year, I should be of the opinion that this is the year we get that double-digit win tally? 

Just not in my DNA. 

I think as long as you aren't personally attacking players or coaches (or even each other), you should be able to share your thoughts or opinions without being derided.

Ideally, that's how it should work. But in dealing with fan(atics) mentality, there's often not much room for logic. It's very much a "you're either with us, or against us" type thinking.  And it seems to me that, if one were overly optimistic, you would be setting yourself up for a measure of disappointment. Again, being overly pessimistic, you would suffer that same level of disappointment should things not fall your way. Over the years I've learned that it's best to be a fan, but manage your expectations. It takes the edge off the highs and lows. And all of those caveats...optimistic, pessimistic and realistic, they're subjective. There's folks who think 10-2 is realistic, albeit optimistic and those who believe the 5-7 is realistic but on the pessimistic side.

:argue:  

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

I personally set my expectations low... and then prepare myself for shock & awe. Those upsets really do it for me! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I've been around for a while on this board, not as long as others, but longer than many. Going into this year, we have never entered a season with so many question marks. This is uncharted waters for our fan base, but we should remember that we are all people, but at the end of the day, this is just a game.

We all deal with things differently, but life is so short, we never know when life will take a left on us. I guess my point is for us not to forget we love USF and how show that type of love is as unique as each one of us.

Respect-a-bull

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

WoolyBully, the voice of reason with sage advice. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  87
  • Days Won:  0

Greg Auman @gregauman

USF's Willie Taggart on Matt Floyd as starting QB: "Night and day better" than what he showed in spring, as player and as team leader.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

If he finally has his wits about him and some confidence, I think he could be a really solid QB.  Fingers crossed.