• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Floyd named starting QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

I don't care who takes snaps. 

This will be the first year in our history that we have a head coach that specializes in offense.   Our best offenses have relied on a single star to carry the load since the beginning. 

Marquel, Andre, Matt, BJ, and now we have an offense that might just make a couple guys look like stars.

I'm getty like a school girl because for the first time in recent memory I think it may actually be difficult to guess what our next play will be.  Seriously how many times did you say to yourself receiver screen, draw, hail mary / long route and they ran it everytime.  We were so predictable out of every set and now we are going to motion, audible, and read a defense on a regular basis.  I just can't f-ing wait!

Totally concur with this.  This offense doesn't require a five star QB (although it wouldn't hurt)...it just needs a smart QB.  A game manager who makes the right read and makes good decisions.  If he can accomplish that, Floyd will make himself, as well as others, look like five star players.

Last year was not a good marker when judging Matt's abilities.  Putting him in the line of fire when the team truly gave up and asking him to distribute the ball to four, sometimes, five receivers was just too much for a freshman.  Especially with no pass protection. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I don't care where you live or how much you donate or buy, you're a garbage fan with a **** attitude.

Support your team and hope for the best. Blasting the players and the program whenever you get a chance makes you a douchebag and a troll. Saying we'll get blown out by a CUSA team makes you a troll. Nobody is on here thinking/expecting 12-0.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus guys, lets declare fan wars over who is a REAL fan.

You know it ticks me off when people are unrealistically pessimistic. Both the over negative and over positive will have their times being right just by chance. But this year I have no clue. I figure 4-9 wins which is Quite a range I know. But this is the first year I really don't know fully what to expect.

If we have breaks like we did two years ago when I think we were better than a five win team, where the other team always got the ball last, will be closer to four then nine. If we get some good luck in games, I would not be surprised at all to see a nine win team. More than nine or less than four I would be pretty shocked.

But like most fans I show up to each game and expect to win, which I assume everyone on here does also. Obviously some games you know it's a longshot but no one should be showing up to games expecting to lose. Beyond that I really don't care how many wins someone thinks this team is going to get this year unless they're trolling about it.

If we end up with four wins does that make him a D bag still? If he shows up to games like the guy in Major League thinking we suck and has a bad attitude then maybe he's not the greatest fan, but just because he doesn't expect to win a title this yeaer doesn't mean he's a terrible fan imo

Edited by FatDaddyBull

Fwiw Hem I'm not trying to pick on you. I think of everyone here you'd probably be the best person to match me at a game. I imagine you're like me and get ticked off with people who sit on their hands and have no involvement in the game. And give you dirty looks when you stand and cheer for the defense

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Thanks Fat Daddy Bull for the "Floyd over BJ" link.

As for being a "garbage fan" Hem I'll send you my cashed checks and credit card payments for all things USF. Additionally, I live more than 1K miles from Tampa and make lots of games as we're season ticket holders. I see you make it from the far away town of Land O' Lakes.

Yep, that qualifies me to be a "garbage fan". Hoping to move up to "debris" status by the midseason.

How about a realist as to what this season will look like? The front seven on D will be very strong and keep us close. The DBs are major question marks as is the entire offense. Special teams is another area that is a great unknown. Coach found the team a little thin upon his arrival. There is a very real possibility that this team will be beaten multiple times this year by >20 points (@ Michigan St, Miami, UL and @ UCF). If you think any differently good for you. I assure you I'm not a "garbage fan" who goes into this season thinking this team will be 12 - 0 and playing for a National Championship. I've said since day one, 4 and 8. If that makes me a D'bag, then I'll gladly insert the title.

Go Bulls!

I think BA predicted 2-10 or 3-9 early last year, after seeing just a few games.  He was blasted by some fans on GA's blog, but turned out to be right about the woes we had.  You don't have to be a homer to be a fan, and you don't have to think we're bowl bound to attend games & support the program.  Fan bases are diverse.  We've all got the Ned Flanders of the worlds, as well as the Turd Fergusons.  Keeps the forum from being a Group Think locale.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,990
  • Days Won:  12

ELE

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

You know it ticks me off when people are unrealistically pessimistic. Both the over negative and over positive will have their times being right just by chance. But this year I have no clue. I figure 4-9 wins which is Quite a range I know. But this is the first year I really don't know fully what to expect.

FatD, you're a great fan, but bad at numbers.  If we play 13 games, that means a bowl game (and at least 6 wins).  Just busting your chops, fellow Bull.

Spot on about the silliness of arguing over the merit of fandom.  With the exception of trolls, we're all fans here, regardless of predictions (but I do agree that bashing college players isn't cool).

Fwiw Hem I'm not trying to pick on you. I think of everyone here you'd probably be the best person to match me at a game. I imagine you're like me and get ticked off with people who sit on their hands and have no involvement in the game. And give you dirty looks when you stand and cheer for the defense

Don't think you're picking on anyone. I just get so sick of the pessimists on here who can't wait to be right and begin trolling.

Predict 3-9 with blowouts (over and over again on all threads that can possibly relate), and then if it does happen..how cool does that make you? You should be sad that we've had another bad season, not "I told you we'd suck! Haha I was right!"

Get out there and expect to win every game, cheer for your team (this is YOUR team, everyone else already wants/expects you to lose...why add to that?), get loud, stand up, and be sad if we lose...not apathetic about the season before we've even played a down. You can call it "realistic", I call it a piss poor attitude.

Thanks JBull. No one is a bigger supporter of all things USF than me, not just athletics. Again, my hope as a "garbage, troll, d-bag" fan is they go 12 and 0 this year. As a sober fan I just don't see it. I'll be in my seats for the Miami and SMU games and see them on the road at UConn and RU.

Go Bulls!

That's quite a tune change from bashing Floyd and predicting blowouts of 20+ pts to UCF, UM, MSU, etc on all your other posts.

• Upvote 1

FatD, you're a great fan, but bad at numbers. If we play 13 games, that means a bowl game (and at least 6 wins). Just busting your chops, fellow Bull.

Spot on about the silliness of arguing over the merit of fandom. With the exception of trolls, we're all fans here, regardless of predictions (but I do agree that bashing college players isn't cool).

Lol I meant I'd expect between 4-8 to 9-3. I'm pretty incoherent since I only type these things with my phone though.

I do better with voice typing sadly enough. Fat fingers as you'd expect i suppose.

And Fwiw I do think we'll Get to six wins this year.