• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Floyd named starting QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I can't get over how woeful he looked every time he's played. At least Eveld has some good game experience. Floyd has none.

Edited by FatDaddyBull

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Trust in Coach T....was hoping it'd be Bench after watching that spring game. Kid must have made big strides in improvement. Have to believe he's fixed all his problems and is limiting mistakes.

With that being said:

I'll tell you 1 things for sure, that kid fumbles a snap or two and he's done.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I can't get over how woeful he looked every time he's played. At least Eveld has some good game experience. Floyd has none.

Eveld's career 56% completion percentage and 3td to 7 int is not inspiring either. Outside of the second half of the 2010 miami game I don't think he's ever looked good.

BTW, had CWT gone with Eveld then Floyd's history would not have me longing for him either.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

Should be interesting what tags does when mcneese is winning at halfime

Fire the defensive coordinator ....

• Upvote 3

Trust in Coach T....was hoping it'd be Bench after watching that spring game. Kid must have made big strides in improvement. Have to believe he's fixed all his problems and is limiting mistakes.

With that being said:

Came back to post that if he fumbles more than 1 snap all year he better be done. Beat me to it.

And I know from experience that the coach sees these kids every day and has a better gauge than anyone. But boy I can't get past how terrible Floyd looked last year.

Here's the bottom line I guess. If he doesn't look good against McNeese it's time to move to the next guy.

Eveld's career 56% completion percentage and 3td to 7 int is not inspiring either. Outside of the second half of the 2010 miami game I don't think he's ever looked good.

BTW, had CWT gone with Eveld then Floyd's history would not have me longing for him either.

He had some moments in his start against UConn as well. But you're right beyond maybe 3-4 quarters he has nothing either.

Floyd has 0 quarters and more playing time though. He looked like he couldn't hit water if he fell off a boat against Pittsburgh.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I think we'll see a big difference in Floyd this year. Last year he was thrown into the fire on a team that had given up and was pretty inept from an offensive gameplan perspective.

Excellent point.  Fresh start, time in the system.  Tags thinks he's our best QB now.  Let's go!

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

With that being said:

Floyd looked pretty dang good in the spring game. His quality performance was over shadowed by the fumble issues.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529

I don't care who takes snaps. 

This will be the first year in our history that we have a head coach that specializes in offense.   Our best offenses have relied on a single star to carry the load since the beginning. 

Marquel, Andre, Matt, BJ, and now we have an offense that might just make a couple guys look like stars.

I'm getty like a school girl because for the first time in recent memory I think it may actually be difficult to guess what our next play will be.  Seriously how many times did you say to yourself receiver screen, draw, hail mary / long route and they ran it everytime.  We were so predictable out of every set and now we are going to motion, audible, and read a defense on a regular basis.  I just can't f-ing wait!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Well he must have the turnovers mostly out of his system so if that is the case Floyd can be a pretty good QB. 

CWT isn't going to name a turnover machine as his starter I would imagine.  

Congrats to Floyd.

• Upvote 1