• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Dyer- RB from Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Make him sell any guns he may still own and give him a chance. I know someone who had a gun stolen that was use to shoot a police officer, so I do find it believable that he wasn't involved. He has no convictions. I'm confident if the police could have tied him to the robbery in some way they would have.

This would be an absolute requirement in my book.  Makes me wonder if Ark. State didn't have a similar understanding and that's why he was booted after having his second run in with the law.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,592
  • Days Won:  424

I don't like the baggage, as most don't.  But this is an area of desperate need, and if Coach Taggart can connect with Dyer, and convince Dyer that he will start & star here, on scholarship, if he stays out of trouble and does fairly well in class, then I think this could be a HUGE get for our Bulls.

Having Dyer on board won't thrill Shaw or the incoming freshmen, but that's life in competitive sports.  If Dyer has a monster season, he may be a "one & done"...but that's not a bad thing, if we at least get one monster season out of him (imagine him running all over UM and Lville...if our line can give him some gaps, he'll be our next 1,000 yard rusher, and SERIOUSLY take pressure off the QB, and open up play action for Price, Davis, Dvo and the team).  A stud RB can transform an offense, and we need it.

Did you poll to find out if most don't.

Haven't seen anyone yet post that they like the baggage, have you? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Looks like he "did something" by getting his AA and posting good grades along the way.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Looks like he "did something" by getting his AA and posting good grades along the way.

True that, give him a chance. If he doesn't work out during fall semester give him the boot in spring. 

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

obviously we would rather have a 5 star RB out of high school who is on the honor role and model citizen but those guys aren't looking at USF.  

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,310
  • Days Won:  10

Take him, seems like he has learned his lesson and is ready to do what it takes.  He seems hungry and that is what we need.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I don't like the baggage, as most don't.  But this is an area of desperate need, and if Coach Taggart can connect with Dyer, and convince Dyer that he will start & star here, on scholarship, if he stays out of trouble and does fairly well in class, then I think this could be a HUGE get for our Bulls.

Having Dyer on board won't thrill Shaw or the incoming freshmen, but that's life in competitive sports.  If Dyer has a monster season, he may be a "one & done"...but that's not a bad thing, if we at least get one monster season out of him (imagine him running all over UM and Lville...if our line can give him some gaps, he'll be our next 1,000 yard rusher, and SERIOUSLY take pressure off the QB, and open up play action for Price, Davis, Dvo and the team).  A stud RB can transform an offense, and we need it.

Did you poll to find out if most don't.  I am willing to go with Coach Taggart thinks, not with the knuckleheads on this board.

Might want to go back and read his post again... I can't think of anyone who would "like" the baggage (consider it a positive rather than a negative).  Jupiter said he would still be willing to give him the chance despite the baggage.

Thanks for the translation help.  No one should "like" the baggage, but I defer to Coach Taggart (I suppose I could've been more clear on the latter, but not sure how to be more clear on the former).  But yes, there will be issues to overcome, but I believe he'd be a tremendous boost to our team.

Edited by JupiterBull

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

should we have a poll to see who actually like the baggage?

Edited by 2000bull

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,310
  • Days Won:  10

I thought he shed his baggage when he decided to go to a Baptist school or once you make a mistake you are marked for life?  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

should we have a poll to see who actually like the baggage?

Mark me down as not liking the baggage, please.