• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Dyer- RB from Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Hope it works out for us. He'd lead the AAC in rushing/TD's, without question. Coach T is a players coach and a great mentor, I think it would be a mutually beneficial relationship.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Give him a shot! could be a truly dynamic RB for us... granted he stays out of trouble. Well worth the risk.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Does anyone have inside scoop on Coach T meeting with him?   This is one talent that would change our season drastically.  

I'm sure Greg will be on this very soon --that is if there's something to the story.

Yes, this guy can make us a viable threat this year! I think he's worth the risk. There are people with more baggage playing for top college teams right now. If he's clean with the law, I don't see why he can't get another chance at USF.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

I posted this on the other thread, but I'm pretty sure that's who I saw w/ coach on saturday night walking into the embassy suites on campus.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Man, talk about an active summer (if we do land Dyer!).

This would make me smile! Right now, I'm at peace after getting Bench.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

The kid is a game-changer. This would be absolutely huge for us and our upcoming season! Doesn't sound like he's been accruing any rust during his time off either. Might have a great shot at beating Louisville this year if he comes aboard....

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,291
  • Days Won:  10

This guy is pro material. He knows it, he just has to have 2 great years of college ball and stay out of trouble and he is signing with a team for a big payout.   Comes into USF and destroys this league he will be in high demand.  Come on Coach T, bring this guy on board our bus. 

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,291
  • Days Won:  10

Great article, gives me hope we have a shot at this guy if he likes what he sees

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/07/former_auburn_running_back_mic.html

DYER_AUBURN_2011.JPG
Former Auburn running back Michael Dyer throws up a stiff arm against Samford on Saturday, Nov. 19, 2011 in Auburn, Ala. (Todd Van Emst/Auburn Media Relations)

Former Auburn running back Michael Dyer is still searching for a home, and at least one of his mentors believes another school should give him a chance after early exits at Auburn and Arkansas State.

Time, however, is running out on Dyer, who is immediately eligible to compete as a junior.

Dyer, who left the Auburn program in 2011 after failing a drug test, tells USA Today in a recent interview that he'd like to stay home at Arkansas, adding that if another schools offers a scholarship, he may instead try to walk on with the Razorbacks instead.

"If Arkansas said I could walk on, I'd go walk on at Arkansas," he tells USA Today.

Arkansas is not completely against the idea, according to the report, though some schools have backed off the idea of welcoming Dyer on their campus. He most recently received interest from Marshall, Troy and Western Kentucky, but wants to play football on a higher level -- he was named the MVP in Auburn's 22-19 victory against Oregon in the 2011 BCS National Championship.

Dyer earned his associate's degree in the spring, passing 46 hours in two semesters and a summer session, according to documents obtained by USA Today. He compiled a 3.6 grade-point average in the fall, a 3.337 GPA in the spring and 4.00 GPA in the summer session in June.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

This is the kind of talent you might take a chance for, but man, this guy has an awful lot of baggage.  If Taggart thinks he can walk the straight-and-narrow, then so be it, but this is going way out on a limb for a guy who has already blown a "second chance" before...