• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Dyer- RB from Auburn

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Ah screw it... if CWT's good them I'm good. Get the kid a seat on the bus.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

A kid in Auburn, Al. and then in Jonesboro, Ar. LEGALLY bought a gun.

Went to a Baptist college to get away from the distractions of his past. According to his mentor, passed that test with flying colors.

Sounds to me like a good prospect.

His gun was used in an armed robbery.

That he was NOT involved in and was NOT charged with.

I disagree that he was "NOT involved", but either way, I think your prior statement was a bit misleading by omitting the fact that the gun was used in a robbery.  If we take him, there is no use burying our heads in the sand, because it is undisputed that this kid has a really rocky past.  The question is whether he has changed.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I don't like the baggage, as most don't.  But this is an area of desperate need, and if Coach Taggart can connect with Dyer, and convince Dyer that he will start & star here, on scholarship, if he stays out of trouble and does fairly well in class, then I think this could be a HUGE get for our Bulls.

Having Dyer on board won't thrill Shaw or the incoming freshmen, but that's life in competitive sports.  If Dyer has a monster season, he may be a "one & done"...but that's not a bad thing, if we at least get one monster season out of him (imagine him running all over UM and Lville...if our line can give him some gaps, he'll be our next 1,000 yard rusher, and SERIOUSLY take pressure off the QB, and open up play action for Price, Davis, Dvo and the team).  A stud RB can transform an offense, and we need it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

I say take him and switch to the Run and Shoot offense (I kid, I kid). 

Seriously, if he is game I think we've gotta take a chance. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

Michael will do what his uncle, Andre Dyer, tells him to do.  Uncle Andre, a Little Rock cop, is the one giving Michael guidance.  If Uncle Andre thinks USF is best situation for Michael, USF is maybe where Michael will attend college and play football soon.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,683
  • Days Won:  8

Make him sell any guns he may still own and give him a chance. I know someone who had a gun stolen that was use to shoot a police officer, so I do find it believable that he wasn't involved. He has no convictions. I'm confident if the police could have tied him to the robbery in some way they would have.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777

A kid in Auburn, Al. and then in Jonesboro, Ar. LEGALLY bought a gun.

Went to a Baptist college to get away from the distractions of his past. According to his mentor, passed that test with flying colors.

Sounds to me like a good prospect.

His gun was used in an armed robbery.

Sounds like a smart kid. Most knuckleheads would have been along for the ride.He was home studying.

No he was on the couch ti high to move according to an article on ESPN April.. On phone so can't look it up...

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,683
  • Days Won:  8

The reason we should take him is because it is a potential win-win for both parties. He helps our team, and we help him by giving him another chance. If he screws up he gets kicked off the team. We don't lose much unless somehow he negatively influences his teammates.

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,301
  • Days Won:  10

I don't like the baggage, as most don't.  But this is an area of desperate need, and if Coach Taggart can connect with Dyer, and convince Dyer that he will start & star here, on scholarship, if he stays out of trouble and does fairly well in class, then I think this could be a HUGE get for our Bulls.

Having Dyer on board won't thrill Shaw or the incoming freshmen, but that's life in competitive sports.  If Dyer has a monster season, he may be a "one & done"...but that's not a bad thing, if we at least get one monster season out of him (imagine him running all over UM and Lville...if our line can give him some gaps, he'll be our next 1,000 yard rusher, and SERIOUSLY take pressure off the QB, and open up play action for Price, Davis, Dvo and the team).  A stud RB can transform an offense, and we need it.

Did you poll to find out if most don't.  I am willing to go with Coach Taggart thinks, not with the knuckleheads on this board.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048

Did you poll to find out if most don't.  I am willing to go with Coach Taggart thinks, not with the knuckleheads on this board.

Might want to go back and read his post again... I can't think of anyone who would "like" the baggage (consider it a positive rather than a negative).  Jupiter said he would still be willing to give him the chance despite the baggage.