• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bruno Reagan, DT/OL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I cheer for Vandy in the SEC...I would like to see them do well. It is a really great school in a cool city. No bad blood at all. I also think USF is an amazing school in a really great city so the kid really can't go wrong.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  0

Hate to loose this guy, but the offer from vandy might be too tempting for Bruno too ignore. The campus is close to his home I think too. I'm still hoping he makes it here on nsd, but it's not looking good now.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I can kind of see where Rodgers is coming from. But there are much better ways to handle it than the way that he did.

For example, he could have had big brother call the school and talk to the AD.  Or he could have slipped the story to the press, and they'd have called out the school.  That would have been a little sleazy, but the school would have explained it away as a big misunderstanding and the players would have been allowed to workout there, just like virtually every other school allows.  If nothing else, some newspaper includes in a story that the players are working out and Vandy gets some free pub.

As it is, he comes off as a kind of a jerk while simultaneously tearing apart the school that gave him a great education for free. 

especially true when they are reeling with the unexpected late loss of Franklin, and scrambling to cobble together a decent class.  Selfish move, suspect timing.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Hard to hold it against him if he flips. We always want Tampa area guys to stay home... Vandy is basically his hometown school. If he decides to stay home I understand and wish him luck. But I hope he remains solid to USF.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Vandy is hurting for recruits. They will promise him everything under the sun.

Are they promising him a chance to play in the best conference in college football? Play for a perennial bottom dweller. Play for a new coach with a hastily patched together staff. Play for a school that has had 13 decommits in the last couple weeks.To go to a bowl game? Get a decent education at one of the best schools in the country?

Who the **** do they think they're fooling?

FIFY. Troll on.

Hard to argue Vandy's an excellent school in the best conference. BUT>>>your points about the program in at least near peril are dead on. Add to that the Rodgers rant, and it's not the rosy picture it was weeks ago. They are serious trouble of being relegated to door mat status in the SEC for a while.

And we're not in near trouble or a perennial conference door mat? A little realism here, please. Decent flip chance but I like our chances.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Are they promising him a chance to play in the best conference in college football? Play for a perennial bottom dweller. Play for a new coach with a hastily patched together staff. Play for a school that has had 13 decommits in the last couple weeks.To go to a bowl game? Get a decent education at one of the best schools in the country?

FIFY. Troll on.
Hard to argue Vandy's an excellent school in the best conference. BUT>>>your points about the program in at least near peril are dead on. Add to that the Rodgers rant, and it's not the rosy picture it was weeks ago. They are serious trouble of being relegated to door mat status in the SEC for a while.

And we're not in near trouble or a perennial conference door mat? A little realism here, please. Decent flip chance but I like our chances.

Realism? I got down voted because I stated that Vanderbilt was a better academic school than us (not even a debate), they've been to bowl game in the past 3 years (fact), and they play in the SEC (we play in AAC).

FIFY. Troll on.

No...we ARE the door mat, and have been in the bottom half of the BE/AAC all along.  I didn't think THAT point was subject to debate.  As to reality, I'm stuffed to the gills, thank you.

• Topic Count:  1,033
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Days Won:  10

Nothing like our fans arguing about why a prospect shouldn't come here.  Let's see how unattractive we can really make ourselves on here and then feel vindicated when a good player doesn't sign.

Nothing like our fans arguing about why a prospect shouldn't come here.  Let's see how unattractive we can really make ourselves on here and then feel vindicated when a good player doesn't sign.

"I was about to sign with USF, till I read some of the debates on TBP"---said no recruit, ever

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,033
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Days Won:  10

"I was about to sign with USF, till I read some of the debates on TBP"---said no recruit, ever

No kidding... but you know that the same schtick is used by other "big" school in competition with us.  My point is this... why should we add credence by agreeing?