• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

It had to be the salary cut that kept McCoy. In two games, I saw ZERO mental mistakes from BJ, and he looked like a solid leader. So awesome to see that! He even slapped the dude on the head with a smile when he nearly killed the drive with a stupid penalty. Very proud of BJ's outings, he's earned a spot on that team and the fit is really good for their offense.

I agree with others it's a little sick that the year after he graduates, we're going to have a system of offense that would be perfect for his skill set...wonder what THAT would have done for his stats and draft rank!? It's fun dreaming, but hey, he made it to the NFL!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

Always thought BJ had the potential. Its great to see things working out well for him. Not to demean the abilities of Grothe who was phenomenal but I always thought BJ was more skilled than Grothe as well.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Always thought BJ had the potential. Its great to see things working out well for him. Not to demean the abilities of Grothe who was phenomenal but I always thought BJ was more skilled than Grothe as well.

After watching him in his first start I thought that USF had their first potential Heisman candidate.  He never progressed and thought that it was his fault.  Now believe that the coaching had much to do with the lack of improvement.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

49ers waived QB Scott Tolzien.

The Niners were intrigued by Tolzien's "headiness" and "moxie," but he lacked NFL-caliber tangible qualities. San Francisco will move forward -- for now -- with Colt McCoy, B.J. Daniels, and Seneca Wallace behind Colin Kaepernick.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

The Niners were intrigued by Tolzien's "headiness" and "moxie," but he lacked NFL-caliber tangible qualities. San Francisco will move forward -- for now -- with Colt McCoy, B.J. Daniels, and Seneca Wallace behind Colin Kaepernick.

Expect McCoy to be gone, as I don't see SF keeping 4 (and Collinsworth was gushing over BJ, saying if they practice squad him, he'll get snatched up...great to hear).

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Expect McCoy to be gone, as I don't see SF keeping 4 (and Collinsworth was gushing over BJ, saying if they practice squad him, he'll get snatched up...great to hear).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/26/harbaugh-says-colt-mccoy-is-his-guy/

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I think if Colt doesn't get traded, Wallace is easily the cut. Their fans would be very angry if they let Daniels walk to keep Wallace.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

Very nice. They almost can't put him on practice squad now. I think Seattle would take him if they did. It looks like colt with be either watching from home or a Jet soon

Ah true.  The Jets are in QB meltdown mode right now thanks to Rex.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Just watched that BJ led drive. Impressive. He is making the most of his opportunity