• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Nevermind. Matt moiacco of niners.com just reported jim harbaugh announced colt mccoy as backup qb

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

Two hours ago Nfl.com reported they were shopping McCoy for a trade.

I guess time will tell.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

Now off to read a Niners board for BJ Daniels lovefest. Hilarious to see the comparisons to Russell Wilson. Hey, maybe Wilson would play like that in college if he had the same coach???

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

Its obvious after this game Harbaugh has to decide if wants to keep BJ or not. There is no way BJ can be moved to the practice squad without someone taking him as a #3. It should be noted that the odd man out was Tolzien, he didn't get any game time. I suspect that tomorrow (first cut) Tolzien is gone. I also think that the it might be Kaepernick, McCoy and Wallace as QBs and BJ as special teams player while they work on his QB skills.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,035
  • Days Won:  469

Coach Jim Harbaugh announced after Sunday night's preseason game that Colt McCoy has won the 49ers' No. 2 quarterback job.

(On the same day McCoy agreed to cut his salary in half.) "I feel real good that Colt is the backup," said Harbs. Rookie B.J. Daniel will likely be kept as the third-stringer, with Seneca Wallace and Scott Tolzein getting cut. If Colin Kaepernick were ever hurt, the 49ers' offense would likely revert to the Alex Smith-like version with conservative playcalling to compensate for McCoy's numerous limitations. He's not a starting-caliber passer.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

Coach Jim Harbaugh announced after Sunday night's preseason game that Colt McCoy has won the 49ers' No. 2 quarterback job.

(On the same day McCoy agreed to cut his salary in half.) "I feel real good that Colt is the backup," said Harbs. Rookie B.J. Daniel will likely be kept as the third-stringer, with Seneca Wallace and Scott Tolzein getting cut. If Colin Kaepernick were ever hurt, the 49ers' offense would likely revert to the Alex Smith-like version with conservative playcalling to compensate for McCoy's numerous limitations. He's not a starting-caliber passer.

This is why even with BJ's own limitations I think I would prefer him as 2. Not much change needed. Can continue the read option offense just fine.

If Kaepernick runs a lot this year odds are he'll at least miss a few series during the year.

Edited by FatDaddyBull

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749

So proud and happy for Daniels. He is a great person and did a lot for USF. Through the struggles he always left it all on the field. He never not once gave anything less than 110% for us. Hoping he makes the 53 even if just for a year or 2. He deserves to have his dream come true after all the work he has put in. I really wish we could've had a better staff around him while he was here. The sky was the limit with the amount of talent he has. We we're very fortunate to follow Grothe up with Daniels. I'm glad I was able to watch him play. Go take the NFL by storm BJ, all of us in Tampa got your back!

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594

Well. It may be third string but it looks like bj made it in the nfl as a qb

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We have to assume Tolzien is out and they didn't sign Wallace for nothing.  Would BJ's versatility earn him a spot?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63