• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers QB, Miami Jackson HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Glad he committed. One way or another, they're going to be glad they got him.

Looking at his 2013 highlights, his growth from 2012 as a passer is pretty evident. That's what I'd really be looking for. We already know that he's off-the-charts elusive for a quarterback. It's not just speed and athleticism there, it's elusiveness.

Ultimately, the guy could end up moving. But the Bulls will give hm a legit chance. Here's Wanky's stats thus far in 2013:

vs. North Miami Beach (W 38-21): 6 of 17 for 200 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 8 runs for 132 yards, 2 TD

vs. Norland (W 26-7): 4 of 12 for 76 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 11 runs for 143 yards, 3 TD

vs. Booker T. Washington (L 6-35): 3 of 18 for 56 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT, 15 runs for 21 yards, 0 TD

vs. Edison (W 40-0): 5 of 12 for 128 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 3 runs for 61 yards, 2 TD

vs. American Heritage (L 22-26): 14 of 24 for 258 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 11 runs for 14 yards, 1 TD

vs. South Dade (L 14-28): 12 of 24 for 150 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 13 runs for 104 yards, 0 TD

vs. Cardinal Gibbons (L 30-31): 15 of 29 for 250 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 10 runs for 26 yards, 0 TD

Total Passing: 59 of 136 for 1,118 yards, 12 TD, 7 INT

Total Rushing: 71 runs for 501 yards, 8 TD

Right now, he very much looks like your typical kid that could be in line for a position switch at the next level. He's pretty adamant he doesn't want to do that. It's probably why he chose South Florida. Willie Taggart is taking a gamble. He essentially is his team's entire offense aside from some receiving talent. I'm not sure what vibe I'm getting from his interviews but Quinton being essentially his entire team's offense must mean he's in a position of leadership.

He's not as good a pure thrower as B.J. Daniels was, but he's probably just as elusive and hopefully he's a good leader. He's certainly already used to the concept of having an entire team put on his shoulders.

I'm intrigued with his last three games where he's 41 of 77 for 658 yards, 4 TDs and 3 INTs. They kept him bottled up to only 144 yards on 34 runs with 1 TD. Those numbers are more traditional looking as far as quarterback passing production. Only problem is they lost all three games. But everything with him is going to be about signs of his growth as a passer.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The TD/INT ratio scares me a little bit.  It will only be tougher at the college level.  

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Glad he committed. One way or another, they're going to be glad they got him.

Looking at his 2013 highlights, his growth from 2012 as a passer is pretty evident. That's what I'd really be looking for. We already know that he's off-the-charts elusive for a quarterback. It's not just speed and athleticism there, it's elusiveness.

Ultimately, the guy could end up moving. But the Bulls will give hm a legit chance. Here's Wanky's stats thus far in 2013:

vs. North Miami Beach (W 38-21): 6 of 17 for 200 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 8 runs for 132 yards, 2 TD

vs. Norland (W 26-7): 4 of 12 for 76 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 11 runs for 143 yards, 3 TD

vs. Booker T. Washington (L 6-35): 3 of 18 for 56 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT, 15 runs for 21 yards, 0 TD

vs. Edison (W 40-0): 5 of 12 for 128 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 3 runs for 61 yards, 2 TD

vs. American Heritage (L 22-26): 14 of 24 for 258 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 11 runs for 14 yards, 1 TD

vs. South Dade (L 14-28): 12 of 24 for 150 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 13 runs for 104 yards, 0 TD

vs. Cardinal Gibbons (L 30-31): 15 of 29 for 250 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 10 runs for 26 yards, 0 TD

Total Passing: 59 of 136 for 1,118 yards, 12 TD, 7 INT

Total Rushing: 71 runs for 501 yards, 8 TD

Right now, he very much looks like your typical kid that could be in line for a position switch at the next level. He's pretty adamant he doesn't want to do that. It's probably why he chose South Florida. Willie Taggart is taking a gamble. He essentially is his team's entire offense aside from some receiving talent. I'm not sure what vibe I'm getting from his interviews but Quinton being essentially his entire team's offense must mean he's in a position of leadership.

He's not as good a pure thrower as B.J. Daniels was, but he's probably just as elusive and hopefully he's a good leader. He's certainly already used to the concept of having an entire team put on his shoulders.

I'm intrigued with his last three games where he's 41 of 77 for 658 yards, 4 TDs and 3 INTs. They kept him bottled up to only 144 yards on 34 runs with 1 TD. Those numbers are more traditional looking as far as quarterback passing production. Only problem is they lost all three games. But everything with him is going to be about signs of his growth as a passer.

Our current QBs are completing 43% for 5.1 YPC

QF is completing 43% for 19.0 YPC

add to that 7.1 YPC Rushing  and this is not even gonna be a horse race.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

add to that 7.1 YPC Rushing  and this is not even gonna be a horse race.

If you're going to base the race on the college stats of our current qb's and the high school stats of the ones without college experience wouldn't Mike White make it a horse race?

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

LOL Trip. Come on Bullwinkle, you're better than making an apples to oranges comparison like that. He sounds like a great athlete, but those completion percentages are awful. Then again, his team (or lack thereof) could be a reason. I think White has a chance to be special in this offense.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

If QF signs, it's going to be a helluva competition next year ... especially if Deiondre wants to give it a shot, too. Hopefully, hans can get a little meat on MW's bones ... ****, he looks skinny.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

1. Was directing nephew question to slick. hit wrong quote button, sorry.

2. I wasn't really comparing the apples to the oranges. just pointing out that stats can be really misleading, especially when they involve another 85 players on any given day. That's why I think looking at Wanky's comp % isn't particularly instructive. I am much more influenced by watching his tape and what I think of him in the roe of QB. He has fought hard and turned down a lot of prestigious offers to get a D-1 shot at playing QB. If he puts that kind of effort and dedication in learning to play QB at the D-1 level, which I suspect he will, I am one happy camper.

Edited by TiredofIdiots Bull

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,461
  • Days Won:  25

1. Was directing nephew question to slick. hit wrong quote button, sorry.

2. I wasn't really comparing the apples to the oranges. just pointing out that stats can be really misleading, especially when they involve another 85 players on any given day. That's why I think looking at Wanky's comp % isn't particularly instructive. I am much more influenced by watching his tape and what I think of him in the roe of QB. He has fought hard and turned down a lot of prestigious offers to get a D-1 shot at playing QB. If he puts that kind of effort and dedication in learning to play QB at the D-1 level, which I suspect he will, I am one happy camper.

This, to me, is what's important. I don't care about the apples and oranges fruit basket. If a recruit has the potential, and I assume they all do if they're being recruited, and the willingness to work as hard as possible to be the best, DO SOMETHING! Give the kid every opportunity to prove it.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We need qbs that can WIN this battle.