• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers QB, Miami Jackson HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Mechanics need polishing but arm strength is elite, he's tough like I said before, something that keeps your position as a starter.

He's a risk taker like BJ though which is bad, good thing Willie played qb and can coach him up.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Scout says he will get a look at QB and if that doesn't work he can be effective as a WR.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The QB play spot is wide open and he will be able to come right in and compete with Bench and White. If he wants to play QB and have his family able to see him play every weekend we are a great fit. If he doesn't work out at QB he's a great athlete that could contribute right away at other spots as well.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

Check out this past weekends highlights of Miami Jackson's game vs. Cardinal Gibbons. http://sfhighschoolsports.com/videogallery/c-gibbons-vs-jackson/ BTW this site has some great content and does an amazing job with their videos of each weeks top games in Dade and Broward County High School Football. 

What I thought was interesting is I don't think a lot of us are even taking into consideration that Wanky is playing both ways and is the core of this team with everything falling on his shoulders a la BJ Daniels. Although he does have some very talented players around him feeding off of his athleticism. You have to wonder how much it takes away from him being 100% at QB each series. Also from the video it seems like when he's playing Safety he doesn't know the alignments/assignments and makes plays using his natural instincts. Since he seems confused sometimes as to where he's supposed to be but when the ball is snapped he is flying around to make a play.  

One other observation I noticed was the difference in size between Gibbons and Jackson. A friend of mine was telling me that all the Dade schools are small but incredibly fast whereas the Broward schools are usually a lot larger as a whole and dominate along the line. It's hard to tell how big these kids really are when watching these videos but I remember Booker T looking very small, although they probably are the fastest team in the country. The only Dade school that looks like a more traditional football team to me is Central. 

Does anyone know of any sites that does something similar to this but with the Tampa metro area? Or other metro areas of Florida? I'd really appreciate it as I'd love to see what our Tampa Dream Team is doing under the Friday night lights! 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

Check out this past weekends highlights of Miami Jackson's game vs. Cardinal Gibbons. http://sfhighschoolsports.com/videogallery/c-gibbons-vs-jackson/ BTW this site has some great content and does an amazing job with their videos of each weeks top games in Dade and Broward County High School Football. 

What I thought was interesting is I don't think a lot of us are even taking into consideration that Wanky is playing both ways and is the core of this team with everything falling on his shoulders a la BJ Daniels. Although he does have some very talented players around him feeding off of his athleticism. You have to wonder how much it takes away from him being 100% at QB each series. Also from the video it seems like when he's playing Safety he doesn't know the alignments/assignments and makes plays using his natural instincts. Since he seems confused sometimes as to where he's supposed to be but when the ball is snapped he is flying around to make a play.  

One other observation I noticed was the difference in size between Gibbons and Jackson. A friend of mine was telling me that all the Dade schools are small but incredibly fast whereas the Broward schools are usually a lot larger as a whole and dominate along the line. It's hard to tell how big these kids really are when watching these videos but I remember Booker T looking very small, although they probably are the fastest team in the country. The only Dade school that looks like a more traditional football team to me is Central. 

Does anyone know of any sites that does something similar to this but with the Tampa metro area? Or other metro areas of Florida? I'd really appreciate it as I'd love to see what our Tampa Dream Team is doing under the Friday night lights! 

Don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for, but you could look here:

http://bigcountypreps.com/181/

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763

The kid is legit... BJ 2.0. Great feet and hips. Some of those plays were straight nasty. Huge get if he sticks and has the intelligence to learn Taggart's system.

I have to echo the same sentiments. What is impressive is about Quinton is his ability to constantly keep is eyes down field regardless of how much pressure he faces in and out of the pocket. Pair that with the fact that he is gunning it 50 yards down field off of one foot makes me confidently say that he is better then Eveld right now.

• Content Count:  67

Thought I'd Share a piece I put together on Saturday while watching the Houston vs. BYU game. Enjoy & feel free to share your two cents. :03-nutkick:

The link below goes to my site and includes sources for all items bold & green. 

http://soflobulls.com/2013/10/21/%F0%9F%93-taggart-picks-up-flowers-again/

qb-quinton-flowers-taggart-gets-flowers-

As I sat watching former St. Thomas Aquinas QB John O’Korn lead impressive drive after impressive drive for Houston against BYU, I began to rattle off all the QBs USF missed on the recruiting trail during the ‘****** Skippy Years’: John O’Korn (Houston), Tyler Cameron (Wake Forest) & Pete DiNovo (UCF) just to name a few off the top.

Anyone surprised the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs are 2-5 (1-2)? Better yet, are you flabbergasted Coach Mike Canales (wiki) & Coach Dan McCarney (wiki) led North Texas past Skippy’s Bulldogs 28-13 today? Thought I’d share this gem I ran across too… Hope Skippy is enjoying his half a million bucks from USF… moon.gif?w=44&h=40

The Quinton Flowers saga added another chapter today when the Miami Jackson QB re-committed to Coach Taggart’s USF Bulls. The consensus 3-Star #8 dual-threat QB hailing from Dade County originally hopped on Coach T’s Bus in June, only to de-commit the following day. This is not the first time Bulls fans have experienced ups & downs in the QB recruiting process. Just last year Winter Park QB Asiantii Woulard took fans for an emotionally draining roller coaster ride before being named the Elite 11 Finals MVP & committing to UCLA.

taggartss-flowers-tweet.png

All that being said, please take the time to watch Flowers’ highlight reel below. Flowers is extremely talented & will undoubtedly remind Bulls fans of former signal caller & current Seattle Seahawk B.J. Daniels. We can be certain times have changed when Coach T & crew hold on to key recruits like Flowers through signing day. The return to prominence is not a question of if, but a matter of when. It’s simply a matter of time. 

by Matthew Manuri

soflobulls-blog-by-matthew-manuri.gif?w=

© 2013 SoFloBulls.com; SoFloBulls Blog. Material in any right may not be reproduced without expressed written consent of Matthew Manuri. All rights reserved.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Wanky sure throws a nice spiral.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  67

Kid has a lot of natural talent. Looking forward to seeing more