• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

D'Ernest Johnson, RB Immokalee HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Letting your players go for records goes a long way with players. Could help with future recruiting too. That's the only positive thing about letting Mack stay in; otherwise I agree with you.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

maybe he thought that was the most likely way we could have gotten the 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I thought it was like 4th and 8 or so when he got stopped. Or at least longer than 2.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It was 4th and 1 in a 36-24 game, less than 2:00 on the clock, inside their 40, and 1 yard would have broken the record. So basically, CWT said, "I'm going to give the ball to a guy with 275 yards and see if he can get 1 more to literally end the game. And oh yeah, it will also break the single game record."

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Not to derail this thread even further than it already is, but does Taggart leaving Mack in to go for the record despite field position really bother anyone else? Injury possibility aside, we should have punted on 4th and 2 and played for field position. That was the right coaching call for The Team IMO. What was all that rhetoric about if we're going to let freshmen chasing a school record dictate our playcalling? Troubling.

I think being up 12 gave Taggart the comfort to let him in, and he knew this was a rare chance to let his new back tie/break a record.  Trouble is:  everyone at WCU knew he was going to run and our OLine got no push against a tired WCU line.  It should've been an easy convert, and seal the game.

I don't have an issue with letting the kid shoot for the record.  Oddly, Mack may've been bummed if he missed it by 1 yard. Sounds weird, but I would be focused on the near record.  He's 18 or 19, so its natural for him to want to break records.  Coach controls the ops, and made a call I can live with.  Had we executed better, he picks up the first, breaks the record and we run out the clock.

Kinda glad he tied it, as Hall is still the man till someone beats his body of work.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

It was 4th and 1 in a 36-24 game, less than 2:00 on the clock, inside their 40, and 1 yard would have broken the record. So basically, CWT said, "I'm going to give the ball to a guy with 275 yards and see if he can get 1 more to literally end the game. And oh yeah, it will also break the single game record."

Nah he just knew we wouldn't get it, and they'd score a last second TD to make the score look closer than it actually was. Then, he hops on the laptop after the game and logs onto this forum...and laughs because he trolled everyone.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

QFT

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

QFT

I'm confused...it was 4th and 1 and he got that one yard to tie the record...but we still turned it over on downs?? I definitely don't remember them bringing out the chains....

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

It may have been 4th and 2.