• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

bj daniels experiment is over

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I don't know that the BJD experiment is truly over, but I know I am OVER it. Unfortunately, I have no say and CSH has a new contract extension.

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

BJ hasn't been an experiment for a while like a year or 2 ago. He's just the only QB we have that might win games. We've gone this far with him, only choice is to play him out this year and pray Woulard stays committed and becomes a better QB than BJ

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

no one else has ever been given a chance. for those badmouthing floyd, please review bj's first game as a true freshman he didnt do well against a cupcake. asa donor, i am over the bj experiment time to move on.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433

What exactly has BJD done to earn a permanent golden starting QB golden ticket? This is the only team where the QB can have multiple games with 3-4 INTs but those are just "bad games."

#startFloyd

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Putting the blame solely on BJ Daniels is ridiculous for starters. I'll agree that he had a bad game but he had plenty of company.

The sad part is the experiment that should be over is HOLTZ being our coach. Other than being Lou's son, someone please tell me what this guy has ever done that is noteworthy? He seems to be the one with the freaking golden ticket.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788

Perhaps the hiring decision was more along the lines of 'best available at this particular point in time, given the funds available'.

At ECU he had a 54% winning record with a 1-3 post-season record, and this in a non-BCS conference. I really have no insight

as to the hiring process, but maybe he is viewed as an 'up an coming' type hire. If that is the case, maybe it is USF that is the

experiment.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Perhaps the hiring decision was more along the lines of 'best available at this particular point in time, given the funds available'.

At ECU he had a 54% winning record with a 1-3 post-season record, and this in a non-BCS conference. I really have no insight

as to the hiring process, but maybe he is viewed as an 'up an coming' type hire. If that is the case, maybe it is USF that is the

experiment.

regardless of which hypothesis used, the laboratory smells of sulfur
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Great point but if holtz can't go .500 in the big east his career is over.

Edited by usfbullrider

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

the other d1 coaches that recruited him were right

he is not a d1 qb

yes he makes an occassional great play

yes he has great numbers against crappy teams

he doesnt win

he cant throw a catchable ball consistently

he makes bad decisions

we don't use him right.

skip tries to make BJ adapt to his offense

He should adapt his offense to BJ's abilities

feel sorry for the kid

he would be blowing up in Snyder's adapted offense. That Klein guy is getting some good press. he just carries it 20+ times per game, averages 3.6 ypc and throws it 15 times per game.

BJ is averaging 33 pass attempts per week. not exactly adapting to his strengths.

BJD is a dud... he failed under Leavitts BJ friendly system, and he has failed under Skips...

Regardless of which system he is under he makes the same mistakes.

so you blame a QB for not fitting into the system but not the system for adapting to the QBs strengths?

BJD is one dimensional... he runs and tosses the ball up when he can't run anymore... more often then not when he tosses the ball up its an INT

The entire BEast figured this out long ago which is why we get our asses handed to us by them every single season.

The system is not the problem, its BJD... we need a QB that can actually... well... throw the **** ball consistently

so tom brady is one dimensional. he can't run at all.

maybe that's why belicheck doesn't call 33 QB draws a game.

plenty of college offenses have been quite successful with a QB that isn't a great thrower.

apparently after 2+ years holtz hasn't figured out Daniels strength isn't passing the ball. he threw 33 times in a 1 score game. nice play calling.

Tom Brady can throw a ball accurately and consistently anywhere from 10 to 50 yards... BJD can't do neither.

+10000000000000000000000

Sorry but that argument is ridiculous. A QB is supposed to manage the game and be and be an accurate passer, if he can scramble, then thats just a plus.

a QB is supposed to move the ball downfield and score for the offense. doesn't matter how he does it. pat white was a terrible passer. he was an incredible college QB on one of the highest scoring offenses in the country. he seemed to win quite a bit.

sorry but tom brady part 2 is not coming to USF.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Great point but if holtz can't go .500 in the big east his career is over.

500 !!! LOL Have you looked at his BE record. We would be thrilled if he was even close to 500. He is like half of that.