• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

bj daniels experiment is over

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

lol it is his last year. Not really an experiment anymore. He is going to be our QB the rest of the way.

As far as Holtz goes, I think he should stay, as long as he doesnt go 1-6 again(or worse). That is just unacceptable in this conference.

I just hope AW is accurate. That is all I care about. He doesnt need to be able to throw it 60 yards, just hit guys in stride 6 yards away.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Tom Brady is a bad example. He spent most of his college career on the bench.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

lol it is his last year. Not really an experiment anymore. He is going to be our QB the rest of the way.

As far as Holtz goes, I think he should stay, as long as he doesnt go 1-6 again(or worse). That is just unacceptable in this conference.

I just hope AW is accurate. That is all I care about. He doesnt need to be able to throw it 60 yards, just hit guys in stride 6 yards away.

he had a pick six last weekend in a loss. he's right around 50% completion. 14 TDs and 10 picks in his first year at QB(last year) raw skills.he will absolutely have to be developed.

strong arm. no pocket awareness and poor decision making according to scout.

he had a pick six last weekend in a loss. he's right around 50% completion. 14 TDs and 10 picks in his first year at QB(last year) raw skills.he will absolutely have to be developed.

Both of those things can be taught and come with practice and experience. Unfortunately, his UCF coaches appear to be holding him back in that regard.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Both of those things can be taught and come with practice and experience. Unfortunately, his UCF coaches appear to be holding him back in that regard.

UCF coaches?? he goes to winter park.

tell that to mike vick . our coaches haven't had much success teaching the same things to Daniels.

tell that to mike vick . our coaches haven't had much success teaching the same things to Daniels.

You would have to follow his thread in the recruits board. Long story short, most of his coaches are UCF alums, and while there is no evidence to really prove any conspiracy, ever since the Elite 11 they have been making him do things that are really opposite to the success of the team and AW in particular.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

the other d1 coaches that recruited him were right

he is not a d1 qb

yes he makes an occassional great play

yes he has great numbers against crappy teams

he doesnt win

he cant throw a catchable ball consistently

he makes bad decisions

we don't use him right.

skip tries to make BJ adapt to his offense

He should adapt his offense to BJ's abilities

feel sorry for the kid

he would be blowing up in Snyder's adapted offense. That Klein guy is getting some good press. he just carries it 20+ times per game, averages 3.6 ypc and throws it 15 times per game.

BJ is averaging 33 pass attempts per week. not exactly adapting to his strengths.

BJD is a dud... he failed under Leavitts BJ friendly system, and he has failed under Skips...

Regardless of which system he is under he makes the same mistakes.

so you blame a QB for not fitting into the system but not the system for adapting to the QBs strengths?

BJD is one dimensional... he runs and tosses the ball up when he can't run anymore... more often then not when he tosses the ball up its an INT

The entire BEast figured this out long ago which is why we get our asses handed to us by them every single season.

The system is not the problem, its BJD... we need a QB that can actually... well... throw the **** ball consistently

so tom brady is one dimensional. he can't run at all.

maybe that's why belicheck doesn't call 33 QB draws a game.

plenty of college offenses have been quite successful with a QB that isn't a great thrower.

apparently after 2+ years holtz hasn't figured out Daniels strength isn't passing the ball. he threw 33 times in a 1 score game. nice play calling.

Tom Brady can throw a ball accurately and consistently anywhere from 10 to 50 yards... BJD can't do neither.

+10000000000000000000000

Sorry but that argument is ridiculous. A QB is supposed to manage the game and be and be an accurate passer, if he can scramble, then thats just a plus.

a QB is supposed to move the ball downfield and score for the offense. doesn't matter how he does it. pat white was a terrible passer. he was an incredible college QB on one of the highest scoring offenses in the country. he seemed to win quite a bit.

sorry but tom brady part 2 is not coming to USF.

I agree a QB is supposed to the move the ball down field and score for the offense, but since BJD is one dimensional mess he can only move the ball down field by doing lame duck running plays that the opposing teams D is 90% of the time ready for because they know that BJD can only scramble good, and passes piss poor.

We don't need Tom Brady, what we need is a QB that can throw a ball to a wide open receiver that is 5-10 yards away without throwing the ball at the wide outs feet or 10 feet over his head... we also need a QB that knows better to not throw a ball into triple coverage, or chuck it up when he can't scramble anymore and hope that a Bull catches it.

Hell while I'm at it we need a QB that can manage a clock, make reads on the fly, and call audible's to take advantage of a bad defensive scheme.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Another reason I hold grudge against BJD is because he cuts people in line at the cafeterias and every time someone says something he says something along the lines of "Dont you know who I am?" Its happened twice to me and my roommate and co-workers. I know this doesn't have to do with football but this kid needs a REALITY check. Holtz should give it to him.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Another reason I hold grudge against BJD is because he cuts people in line at the cafeterias and every time someone says something he says something along the lines of "Dont you know who I am?" Its happened twice to me and my roommate and co-workers. I know this doesn't have to do with football but this kid needs a REALITY check. Holtz should give it to him.

i really hope this isnt true

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

You would have to follow his thread in the recruits board. Long story short, most of his coaches are UCF alums, and while there is no evidence to really prove any conspiracy, ever since the Elite 11 they have been making him do things that are really opposite to the success of the team and AW in particular.

And Winter Park lacks any semblance of an offensive line.