• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should PSU get the Death Penalty?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

lmao at the current students being punished. The NCAA didnt take away their scholarships. They were for the FOOTBALL TEAM. That is all it is. A ******* football team. The current students arent affected in the least bit. They are there for an education, not football. Holy **** some of you are putting the football team on such a pedestal. They should be grateful this is all they got. They shouldve had their entire program wiped off the face of the Earth. So they cant go to bowl games for a few years and pay some fines. The vacated losses dont affect anyone but Paterno, who is dead. The current players can and should transfer anywhere they want. That program is toxic now and playing there is a death sentence unless youre an NFL talent. If that is the case, you can transfer anywhere and start anyway.

Not saying the student shouldnt be bummed that this happened, but it was MORE than deserved. Football is a game. A game should never take precedent over the safety of children. If this happened to USF, it would sure bum me out, but when you look at the reason this happened, how can you even argue with this? They still get their football games and their Happy Valley. Just like USC this year, PSU will bounce back. It will probably take about a decade, but again, considering the fact that they dont deserve a football team to begin with, they should just stfu and deal with it.

funny football takes precedent over quite a few academic programs at USF. the athletic department and our coach sees it's budget increase every year while tuition rises double digit and state funding is cut. listen i have no problem if you want to gut college athletics. I'm all in favor of it actually. I think there is way to much spent on athletics but please don't act all high and mighty and pretend USF doesn't put it's football program on a pedestal.

this happened because one sicko and 5 guys 15 years ago covered something up. something that the state police and prosecutor decided not to pursue 4 years earlier.

Not saying we dont take athletics seriously here. We definitely do more than we should, considering the budget crisis. Most programs do. However, dont compare USF's program to Penn State's. That would just be blasphemous. There is a huge difference between pedestals. I also pray that USF's pedestal isnt so high that it looks the other way when crimes such as these are committed. I would rather my team be mediocre for eternity than let what PSU happen, happen here. It is not worth it.

Never said I wanted to disband college athletics of any kind. I enjoy college athletics more than professional for the most part. However, it is just a game. idgaf if the players sold memorabilia or had sex with hookers on a yacht. I have no problem with any of that. What PSU did though, imo, is unforgivable. I can only hope something like this never happens at USF.

I'd rather it not happen anywhere. Unfortuantely we have some wack jobs living among us. Case in point check out the puppet weilding wack job on tbo.com. It looks like they caught him before he was able to commit any crimes.... I hope.

sorry, couldn't help but laugh at those "poor" students who were doing the whambulance dance in their student center. boo ******* hoo, your football/college experience isn't gone. it's just not as good. welcome to being usf or some other non-elite program for a few years. while the penalties may be worse than the death penalty, be glad you can still have a football team out there. and if you think they're gonna be no good, go to a basketball/baseball/soccer/volleyball (PSU has great v-ball) and keep focus on your studies. football is great, but it isn't supposed to consume your life, and for the regular non-athlete students, you are still getting a great education from a top tier university with ridiculous tuition rates that many other people would kill to be able to afford and go to school there.

yeah screw those college students that had absolutely nothing to do with what happened or the fact it was covered up!!!

hell they were close to 10 years old when it happened at psu. let's punish them severely to teach them a lesson to never let it happen again!!

Punished severely?? How the hell are the current students being punished severely? The Death Penalty would have been punished severely. They still get 6 or 7 Saturdays a year they get to experience a home college football game. What they don't get is a chance to go to a bowl game while they're there. That's a severe punishment?? Gimme a break ..

dont-feed-the-troll-1316286463763399354.jpeg

94's not a troll .... just very, very, very opinionated ... to see a troll, look for Mookie.

at least he is cordial when he disagrees with you. I have no problem with him. We have disgreed in the past and he did not personally attach me unlike some others on this board. He kept to the points he was trying to make. people have opinions, we are not always going to agree. that is life. he handles it well imho. He is definately not a troll.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,543
  • Days Won:  423

these students most likely have been dreaming about going to penn state their entire lives. penn state football is probably close to a religion for some of them. to say that you wouldn't whine over being punished for something that you had nothing to do with(and nobody currently at the school had anything to do with) is BS.

I guess I've missed the announcement where they've changed the ruling and have now imposed the death penalty ...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

lmao at the current students being punished. The NCAA didnt take away their scholarships. They were for the FOOTBALL TEAM. That is all it is. A ******* football team. The current students arent affected in the least bit. They are there for an education, not football. Holy **** some of you are putting the football team on such a pedestal. They should be grateful this is all they got. They shouldve had their entire program wiped off the face of the Earth. So they cant go to bowl games for a few years and pay some fines. The vacated losses dont affect anyone but Paterno, who is dead. The current players can and should transfer anywhere they want. That program is toxic now and playing there is a death sentence unless youre an NFL talent. If that is the case, you can transfer anywhere and start anyway.

Not saying the student shouldnt be bummed that this happened, but it was MORE than deserved. Football is a game. A game should never take precedent over the safety of children. If this happened to USF, it would sure bum me out, but when you look at the reason this happened, how can you even argue with this? They still get their football games and their Happy Valley. Just like USC this year, PSU will bounce back. It will probably take about a decade, but again, considering the fact that they dont deserve a football team to begin with, they should just stfu and deal with it.

funny football takes precedent over quite a few academic programs at USF. the athletic department and our coach sees it's budget increase every year while tuition rises double digit and state funding is cut. listen i have no problem if you want to gut college athletics. I'm all in favor of it actually. I think there is way to much spent on athletics but please don't act all high and mighty and pretend USF doesn't put it's football program on a pedestal.

this happened because one sicko and 5 guys 15 years ago covered something up. something that the state police and prosecutor decided not to pursue 4 years earlier.

Not saying we dont take athletics seriously here. We definitely do more than we should, considering the budget crisis. Most programs do. However, dont compare USF's program to Penn State's. That would just be blasphemous. There is a huge difference between pedestals. I also pray that USF's pedestal isnt so high that it looks the other way when crimes such as these are committed. I would rather my team be mediocre for eternity than let what PSU happen, happen here. It is not worth it.

Never said I wanted to disband college athletics of any kind. I enjoy college athletics more than professional for the most part. However, it is just a game. idgaf if the players sold memorabilia or had sex with hookers on a yacht. I have no problem with any of that. What PSU did though, imo, is unforgivable. I can only hope something like this never happens at USF.

I too hope it never happens here and it is deplorable.of course PSU holds football more dear to them than USF. that doesn't change the fact that we certainly put it above things we shouldn't.

you keep saying "what PSU did" and "what PSU let happen". an institution can't do or let anything happen. the people running it can. they are the ones responsible and they have or will be punished.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

interesting article...... I think I am sicker now that before:

http://americanfreepress.net/?p=5131

I smell a cover up of a cover up.

Crazy that it looks like the governor was involved in the coverup also.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

All the way to the top?

Next thing we'll know is Clinton and Bush were involved

Intersting thing is this follows Spanier everywhere he goes.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

interesting article...... I think I am sicker now that before:

http://americanfreepress.net/?p=5131

I smell a cover up of a cover up.

Wow just wow. So much for having fired the "four guys" who were charged with crimes. I knew this went farther, but wow.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I agree with everything except vacating the wins. Its like slapping the players in the face and saying, "We don't care what you did in the face of adversity, we have the power and do what we want".

The NCAA had no choice, they had to vacate the wins. I think vacating wins is stupid in general, but in this case it was necessary because you can't have Paterno as the all time winningest coach. I think this is the first time ever where vacating wins actually does something beneficial to the game.