• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should PSU get the Death Penalty?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

sorry, couldn't help but laugh at those "poor" students who were doing the whambulance dance in their student center. boo ******* hoo, your football/college experience isn't gone. it's just not as good. welcome to being usf or some other non-elite program for a few years. while the penalties may be worse than the death penalty, be glad you can still have a football team out there. and if you think they're gonna be no good, go to a basketball/baseball/soccer/volleyball (PSU has great v-ball) and keep focus on your studies. football is great, but it isn't supposed to consume your life, and for the regular non-athlete students, you are still getting a great education from a top tier university with ridiculous tuition rates that many other people would kill to be able to afford and go to school there.

yeah screw those college students that had absolutely nothing to do with what happened or the fact it was covered up!!!

hell they were close to 10 years old when it happened at psu. let's punish them severely to teach them a lesson to never let it happen again!!

Turning over a news truck, holding a vigil at the statue AFTER he was implicated. Not by 10 year olds, but by current students. I'm not going to argue so don't expect a pi$$ing match.

how many turned over a news truck? you're blaming the entire student population?? hold them criminally liable.same with the vigil. were there 110k fans there?

you punish an entire university, it's students, alumni, fans, etc for something that happened 10 years ago that they had no control over. it's stupid. of course they acted out.

Why isn't anybody getting pissed off at the police department for f'ing up the 1998 investigation? One shrink said pedophile, the other shirnk said not a pedophile. Sooo they decided to go with the second opinion and leave it all alone. This was done prior to Spanier, Curley, Schultz and Paterno getting involved. It was out of their control. The mom went to the police and she was told, "NAH Sandusky is a saint"..... Penn State is righfully accused of a cover up, but I think the police department is more liable. If they had differing opinions by skrinks, they should have gotten a third opinion. we can't ask the DA anything cuz he is missing....

they had an interviewer get him to admit to some things and yet he wasn't prosecuted 14 years ago.

screw current psu students. they got what they deserved.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

sorry, couldn't help but laugh at those "poor" students who were doing the whambulance dance in their student center. boo ******* hoo, your football/college experience isn't gone. it's just not as good. welcome to being usf or some other non-elite program for a few years. while the penalties may be worse than the death penalty, be glad you can still have a football team out there. and if you think they're gonna be no good, go to a basketball/baseball/soccer/volleyball (PSU has great v-ball) and keep focus on your studies. football is great, but it isn't supposed to consume your life, and for the regular non-athlete students, you are still getting a great education from a top tier university with ridiculous tuition rates that many other people would kill to be able to afford and go to school there.

yeah screw those college students that had absolutely nothing to do with what happened or the fact it was covered up!!!

hell they were close to 10 years old when it happened at psu. let's punish them severely to teach them a lesson to never let it happen again!!

Punished severely?? How the hell are the current students being punished severely? The Death Penalty would have been punished severely. They still get 6 or 7 Saturdays a year they get to experience a home college football game. What they don't get is a chance to go to a bowl game while they're there. That's a severe punishment?? Gimme a break ..

• Upvote 1

Punished severely?? How the hell are the current students being punished severely? The Death Penalty would have been punished severely. They still get 6 or 7 Saturdays a year they get to experience a home college football game. What they don't get is a chance to go to a bowl game while they're there. That's a severe punishment?? Gimme a break ..

scratch severely. I forgot you're all about semantics. I ,as well as just about every national writer, thought the punishment was severe

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

sorry, couldn't help but laugh at those "poor" students who were doing the whambulance dance in their student center. boo ******* hoo, your football/college experience isn't gone. it's just not as good. welcome to being usf or some other non-elite program for a few years. while the penalties may be worse than the death penalty, be glad you can still have a football team out there. and if you think they're gonna be no good, go to a basketball/baseball/soccer/volleyball

(PSU has great v-ball) and keep focus on your studies. football is great, but it isn't supposed to consume your life, and for the regular non-athlete students, you are still getting a great education from a top tier university with ridiculous tuition rates that many other people would kill to be able to afford and go to school there.

There are penalties against the whole team and associated fans during games, and for recruiting violations. This is really no different.

If it's so necessary those students attend a school with a national championship contender in football, they can always transfer.

so you wouldn't have a problem if you were a current USF student and something happened 10 years ago that got us a 4 year ban, 40 scholarship losses, $60M fine, allowed players to transfer, etc?

that's what happened to them.

sure just transfer......

I think euthanasia is in order. This is the only way for innocent people to be dealt with accordingly. the anarchist got most of what they wanted. Its all good in the hood. 4 people and a crap police department has cost them dearly. The 10 year olds that were part of the cover up got what they deserved!!!!.

The court of public opinion has shown that it weilds more power than the judicial system. This is a sad situation. It was going to be lose, lose no mater how it played out. There were too many differing opinions. I think 3-4 years of no revenue plus the civil cases would have been a better fate. I was in favor of hitting them financially with requiring them to donate all FB revenues to charity for 3-4 years. That would have been $210-$290 in donations. Instead they got 1 year of lost revenues and 4-10 years of being a zombie. it would have positively effected more organizations in need, but what do I know. They got hammered and most people feel satisfied.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Collateral damage is what I keep hearing on the radio and I agree. Every University that has ever been sanctioned paid their penalties years later. No different here.

agreed its not as severe as the DP. i would hae like to see less sanctions on the program and more fines and penalties to the institution. :)

Collateral damage is what I keep hearing on the radio and I agree. Every University that has ever been sanctioned paid their penalties years later. No different here.

Agreed, but most sanctions are due to cheating and trying to gain a competitive advantage. The FB team did not benefit from this scandal. the victims were negatively impacted by the scandal. I would have liked to see some of there input in this. I am curious to see how many of them wanted the program to be reprimanded for this.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Agreed, but most sanctions are due to cheating and trying to gain a competitive advantage. The FB team did not benefit from this scandal. the victims were negatively impacted by the scandal. I would have liked to see some of there input in this. I am curious to see how many of them wanted the program to be reprimanded for this.

The competitive advantage was gained from concealing the molestation of little boys by the defense coordinator at PSU. Patterno chose to protect PSU Football over reporting what was going on.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

dont-feed-the-troll-1316286463763399354.jpeg

Edited by charsibb