• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should PSU get the Death Penalty?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

SB Nation ********@sbnation

Big Ten announces Penn State is ineligible for title game for 4 years and loses bowl revenue for 4 years ($13 mil).

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Those penalties by the NCAA were harsh!

If enough players transfer out, there is still a chance that there will be no Football at PSU this year.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Plus, this year they will have to cut 10 scholarships. Players who thought they were going to get money will not and they will transfer immediately if they can get offers else where. School is not cheap.

and saban cuts 10+ scholarship players a year. big deal.

PSU is not on the same level as USC or Bama.... This will affect them much more than you think IMO.... guess we'll wait and see.

they don't have to be on the same level. if anything usc and bama have further to fall. penn state usually ranked around the middle of the big ten when it came to recruiting. I expect them to remain somewhere around there.

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

Plus, this year they will have to cut 10 scholarships. Players who thought they were going to get money will not and they will transfer immediately if they can get offers else where. School is not cheap.

PSU is not on the same level as USC or Bama.... This will affect them much more than you think IMO.... guess we'll wait and see.

they don't have to be on the same level. if anything usc and bama have further to fall. penn state usually ranked around the middle of the big ten when it came to recruiting. I expect them to remain somewhere around there.

What the hell are they going to offer? Welcome to Penn State Football, we cannot compete for a bowl for four years or a league championship but you should come play for us with no scholarship. Good luck

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I doubt that they will be able to maintain 110K... also lets not forget that many, many regular non-athletic students will likley also be looking elsewhere for college. Why would you go to PSU now... the entire experience would be ruined. Sure the diehard Nittany Lions will still go, but the average fair weathers will opt for another State University, or private metro alternative where they can get the full college experience.

Also my cousin lives in PA and he is a huge PSU fan... he has had season tickets for the past 8 years and told me just an hour ago that he is selling his season tickets this year and will use the $$ to get better season tix for the Steelers.

If I was a betting man I would bet that Pitt and Temple both see a jump in their enrollments, and PSU game day attendance takes a major hit.

What the hell are they going to offer? Welcome to Penn State Football, we cannot compete for a bowl for four years or a league championship but you should come play for us with no scholarship. Good luck

they will have 65 scholarships. they can put their best 65 under scholarship. that's almost 3 entire offensive and defensive teams. they are essentially not able to put their 4th string under scholarship.big deal.

somehow I don't think recruits are going to pick indiana over penn state now because they can play for conference championships and bowl games. ticket city bowl doesn't have that big of an effect on recruiting.

I doubt that they will be able to maintain 110K... also lets not forget that many, many regular non-athletic students will likley also be looking elsewhere for college. Why would you go to PSU now... the entire experience would be ruined. Sure the diehard Nittany Lions will still go, but the average fair weathers will opt for another State University, or private metro alternative where they can get the full college experience.

Also my cousin lives in PA and he is a huge PSU fan... he has had season tickets for the past 8 years and told me just an hour ago that he is selling his season tickets this year and will use the $$ to get better season tix for the Steelers.

If I was a betting man I would bet that Pitt and Temple both see a jump in their enrollments, and PSU game day attendance takes a major hit.

penn state has the 2nd largest stadium in the country for a reason.

I'm willing to bet penn state is in the top 10 for average attendance next year.

i bet your cousin regrets his decision when he's not able to get them again in the future.

and you are insane if you think this will have any effect on temple and pitt's enrollments.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

Penn St will be top 5 in AT&T

Bowl revenue will go to charity

Are any guys potentially think of transferring here?

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

penn state has the 2nd largest stadium in the country for a reason.

I'm willing to bet penn state is in the top 10 for average attendance next year.

i bet your cousin regrets his decision when he's not able to get them again in the future.

and you are insane if you think this will have any effect on temple and pitt's enrollments.

My cousin is not giving up his season tix's, he is keeping them but putting all of them on stubhub for the 5 years that Penn State is on probabtion and not capable of going to a bowl, or winning the Big 10.

Likewise you are insane if you think that Chester the Molestor U is going to remain in the top 10 for attendance, and that Temple/Pitt are not going to see a surge in enrollments. I'm basing my pontification on what occured with SMU and Miami when they got the death penalty in regards to massive game day attendance drops (Miami), and massive drops in enrollments/major upticks at nearby colleges (SMU & Miami)... what are you basing your argument on besides apparent man love for PSU?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

I think Penn St fans are stronger than Gamecocks and they sold out as a winless bad team