• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should PSU get the Death Penalty?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

So if the school is not willing to remove those covering for a pedophile - who can? better question: who would?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

Slick the NCAA has made no indications that it's going to make any previous player give back thier award. You may have added the edit, but even within the edited statement you are making a huge assumption. It may very well happen, but nothing is indicating that it will.

There's no way, even as ****** up as the NCAA can be at times, that any individual player achievements/awards will be negated ...

So if the school is not willing to remove those covering for a pedophile - who can? better question: who would?

As soon as you explain to me how bricks and mortar can remove people, I'll try to answer the question ...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

As soon as you explain to me how bricks and mortar can remove people, I'll try to answer the question ...

:rolleyes: gimme an effin' break.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

interesting article...... I think I am sicker now that before:

http://americanfreepress.net/?p=5131

I smell a cover up of a cover up.

Wow just wow. So much for having fired the "four guys" who were charged with crimes. I knew this went farther, but wow.

As I was reading this it all just made sense chronologically. Something tells me this is not over yet. If this article is infact true, and Sandusky loses his appeal, then I think he may start to implicate others. He may feel they left him out to dry and did not offer him the protection that he thought he was entitiled too. This article is sickening...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

It may be just me, but any website with "free press" in it, warning bells go off in my head, lol.

I thought the same thing, but the author appears to have done his homework and created a timeline.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Dan, I bet if these sanctions had been handed to USF, you'd be pretty pissed and disappointed. Don't know what's so funny about those students reactions.

The difference is USF did not cover up for Sandusky and allow him to abuse children.

I'm not questioning the punishment. Just saying, j feel bad for the kids and fans that had absolutely nothing tk do with this cover up or scandal that are now going to be watching a great program and university diminish because of one man.

No. If the administrators and coaches had cut ties with Sandusky or turned him in way back in 1998 when they first knew of what he was doing, then yes. However, they chose to cover it up all this time instead of getting rid of him. That is what PSU is being punished for. Not because of what Sandusky did, but because of how they handled it. LOIC at its finest.

I'm sorry. 4 men. Still feel bad for the fans and players. Penn State is not the same, and will not be the same for decades. I have no idea why you don't have sympathy for those students and fans.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Dan, I bet if these sanctions had been handed to USF, you'd be pretty pissed and disappointed. Don't know what's so funny about those students reactions.

The difference is USF did not cover up for Sandusky and allow him to abuse children.

I'm not questioning the punishment. Just saying, j feel bad for the kids and fans that had absolutely nothing tk do with this cover up or scandal that are now going to be watching a great program and university diminish because of one man.

No. If the administrators and coaches had cut ties with Sandusky or turned him in way back in 1998 when they first knew of what he was doing, then yes. However, they chose to cover it up all this time instead of getting rid of him. That is what PSU is being punished for. Not because of what Sandusky did, but because of how they handled it. LOIC at its finest.

I'm sorry. 4 men. Still feel bad for the fans and players. Penn State is not the same, and will not be the same for decades. I have no idea why you don't have sympathy for those students and fans.

I feel bad for the former players since they had nothing to do with it. Why would I care about the current players or the students? The current players can transfer without penalty. If they choose to stay, that is their choice. Enjoy the obscurity. I feel no sympathy for those players. The fans arent affected why would I sympathize with them? They can still go to games. What is there to feel bad about?

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

OMG get this. they really shouldn't be allowed to run a Univ. What a bunch of Monkeys

Jul 25, 3:31 PM EDT

AP source: PSU trustees to meet on NCAA penalty

By MICHAEL RUBINKAM

Associated Press

A person with knowledge of the situation says the Penn State board of trustees will meet Wednesday afternoon to discuss whether President Rodney Erickson had the authority to agree to unprecedented NCAA sanctions against the football program without first getting the board's approval.

The person says the trustees will meet with Erickson in State College. The person was not authorized to talk about the meeting and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Some trustees have expressed concern that Erickson violated a board rule that says the board must authorize the signing of "contracts, legal documents, and other obligations."

The Express-Times of Easton was first to report the upcoming board meeting.

Edited by Bullwinkle

I feel bad for the former players since they had nothing to do with it. Why would I care about the current players or the students? The current players can transfer without penalty. If they choose to stay, that is their choice. Enjoy the obscurity. I feel no sympathy for those players. The fans arent affected why would I sympathize with them? They can still go to games. What is there to feel bad about?

Those players will do anything but live in obscurity if they stay ... Games will be televised and they will, I imagine, constantly be brought up as deciding to weather the storm out through all this crap. NFL scouts will still be paying attention. Only thing that changes from a year ago is no bowl .... although, I'm sure the B1G will have to make some sort of ruling making them ineligible for a conference championship ... but you never know.

• Upvote 1