• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Indoor practice fieldhouse

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

For what it's worth, UCF's indoor field is pretty solid. I stuck my head in an open door back in 2008 when we played in the Frying Pan. It was lit up and looked great.

This is awesome news for our football program.

Not really solid....it has a corrugated metal exterior with exposed insulation interior....much like their WOK, it was done on the cheap to just get it out there. The one in the USF illustrations would be another tilt-wall design, similar to Muma center and will look much better.

This!

UCiF's facility is CHEAP.

Even the AC system doesn't work right... it's been given the nickname "The Oven."

ucfindoorpracticefacili.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

For what it's worth, UCF's indoor field is pretty solid. I stuck my head in an open door back in 2008 when we played in the Frying Pan. It was lit up and looked great.

Not really solid....it has a corrugated metal exterior with exposed insulation interior....much like their WOK, it was done on the cheap to just get it out there. The one in the USF illustrations would be another tilt-wall design, similar to Muma center and will look much better.

This!

Even the AC system doesn't work right... it's been given the nickname "The Oven."

ucfindoorpracticefacili.jpg

It's only cheap because they HAD to built it .... Oh, wait.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

This!

Isn't this where Plancher's cousin died?

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

This!

Isn't this where Plancher's cousin died?

Yep. That is exactly what comes to mind everytime I hear about UCF's practice facility.

• Topic Count:  1,033
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Days Won:  10

Look for it to be something closer to Louisville's multi-purpose indoor facility.

http://www.uoflsports.com/facilities/lou-trager-center.html

• Topic Count:  1,033
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Days Won:  10

If they build it where the current soccer practice fields are, where will the new soccer practice fields be relocated? I just hope they don't draw the short stick on this, because they are are most successful program right now.
Couldn't they put them where our old football practice fields are?

I would think that, since it's used for inclimate weather, they would want it close to the LRS Center (and new practice field) than where the old practice fields were.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

If they build it where the current soccer practice fields are, where will the new soccer practice fields be relocated? I just hope they don't draw the short stick on this, because they are are most successful program right now.
I would think that, since it's used for inclimate weather, they would want it close to the LRS Center (and new practice field) than where the old practice fields were.

You misunderstood my response. I was saying that the current soccer practice fields could be relocated to the old USF football practice fields.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

You misunderstood my response. I was saying that the current soccer practice fields could be relocated to the old USF football practice fields.

No the old football fields have been renovated and are now the Sports Clubs practice fields. There's no way athletics gets those fields back without ponying up to build more fields for Campus Rec.