• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Indoor practice fieldhouse

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

The Penn State dome has two "mini" fields. Perfect for getting hundreds of boys out for flag football tourneys followed by a chance to meet the coaches.

Ha while discussing size... check out the facility at Penn State featuring 2 indoor fields

o0j7Cl.jpg

1WsSnl.jpg

Also found the facility at Michigan to be very impressive:

CbePUl.jpg

z1TGxl.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

YqN31l.jpg

In my opinion, this rendering completely conflicts with the purpose of an indoor practice facility and I hope money isn't wasted on this. We need a completely enclosed facility to continue practices when there is lightning and terrential down pours.

I LOL'd :D

Then I saw you were serious, and I cried. :( and LOL'd again. :D

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

fsufootball2_72309.jpgfsuaerial2_72309.jpg

xrtWIl.jpg

Indoor facility would go in red box I believe

That's where it'll be... but about half that size... use one of the FB practice fields for an example.

I'm sure the smart folks in athletics have thought of this when it comes to location, but it should be adjacent to the current practice football fields. I like how FSU's designed fieldhouse has the garage doors opening up to the football field. This way it could become a quick shelter for players to run into should bad weather come quickly or could even be used for as a fouth field during normal practices.

One more thing. I like how FSU has a balcony looking area on the side to overlook the normal practice fields. This could let some coaches get a bird's eye view during practice or workouts without having to go up in a camera lift.

Edited by KB

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Ha while discussing size... check out the facility at Penn State featuring 2 indoor fields

o0j7Cl.jpg

1WsSnl.jpg

Also found the facility at Michigan to be very impressive:

CbePUl.jpg

z1TGxl.jpg

Penn State's looks like two 1/2 size fields

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

xrtWIl.jpg

Indoor facility would go in red box I believe

Based on this, they should build the fieldhouse running north-south directly to the north of the LRS Athletic Center. Then the area to the west should be developed into the new soccer practice fields, and this would mean the outdoor rec courts would be gone and that open field by the Track Stadium is also lost.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I have a question

Something we MIGHT be overlooking.

DW specifically said "big enough to house an entire 120-yard football field but also give an indoor practice option for other teams like soccer, softball and baseball during inclement weather"

I think we may not be looking to build a standard rectangular facility. Baseball is going to require something a bit wider.

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

Not to mention bringing the equipment in. Two fields would be whipped out, plus the B-ball courts.

I have a question

DW specifically said "big enough to house an entire 120-yard football field but also give an indoor practice option for other teams like soccer, softball and baseball during inclement weather"

I think we may not be looking to build a standard rectangular facility. Baseball is going to require something a bit wider.

I don't think you build a facility big enough to hit baseballs or run bases. They already have covered batting cages. Not sure if they also have a covered bullpen. Anyone know?

Anyway, my assumption is that baseball players can use it to condition in during bad weather. Play catch. Maybe field some ground balls.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I have a question

Probably not.

They already have batting cages over at the baseball stadium. Really it would be for conditioning and perhaps fielding drills. Last season, baseball held practice indoor at one of the northern schools, and it was essentially the size of the SunDome floor but with astroturf.