• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Indoor practice fieldhouse

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

Looks too small, how are our players going to practice in something that small? Belongs next to that school... The Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757

YqN31l.jpg

In my opinion, this rendering completely conflicts with the purpose of an indoor practice facility and I hope money isn't wasted on this. We need a completely enclosed facility to continue practices when there is lightning and terrential down pours.

zoolander-school.jpg

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  684

Ha while discussing size... check out the facility at Penn State featuring 2 indoor fields

o0j7Cl.jpg

1WsSnl.jpg

Also found the facility at Michigan to be very impressive:

CbePUl.jpg

z1TGxl.jpg

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

YqN31l.jpg

In my opinion, this rendering completely conflicts with the purpose of an indoor practice facility and I hope money isn't wasted on this. We need a completely enclosed facility to continue practices when there is lightning and terrential down pours.

The rendering is accurate and you can't see it the rendering, but half of the roof is glass. It's a huge costs savings in lighting... and still protects from rain and lightning.

And can potentially create distracting shadows on the field and diffused beams of light that can foul up receivers trying to make catches where they look up towards it.

Don't like it.

Transition tented glass. Casts no shadows. No diffused beams. Same people that make those fancy lenses for glasses who sponsor the golf tournament. I'm thinking it will be called Transition Lenses Field House.

• Topic Count:  1,033
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Days Won:  10

Also found the facility at Michigan to be very impressive:

CbePUl.jpg

z1TGxl.jpg

One of the major donors must have been a window/glass manufacturer. It wouldn't take long for a nice ROI for them.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

YqN31l.jpg

The rendering is accurate and you can't see it the rendering, but half of the roof is glass. It's a huge costs savings in lighting... and still protects from rain and lightning.

Not sure if you're joking or not... but no the roof wont be 1/2 glass

This is a rendering with the roof cut away so you can see how the field looks like on the inside when compared to the outer view

Look at the inner rendering released at the same time:

Indoor_Slide_01.jpg

There will be a solid roof on BOTH sides.

The center beam will be elevated to allow windows on both ends of it (which you can see one side of it in the "cutaway view"

And in this inner rendering, you can kind of see how the center is raised up

Edited by dogma

• Topic Count:  1,033
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Days Won:  10

If they build it where the current soccer practice fields are, where will the new soccer practice fields be relocated? I just hope they don't draw the short stick on this, because they are are most successful program right now.
Couldn't they put them where our old football practice fields are?
I would think that, since it's used for inclimate weather, they would want it close to the LRS Center (and new practice field) than where the old practice fields were.

You misunderstood my response. I was saying that the current soccer practice fields could be relocated to the old USF football practice fields.

I totally did. Apologies.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

when were these renderings released?

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Wow...Michigan's is tops.