• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Indoor practice fieldhouse

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

think they are using 'multi purpose' to try to secure some state funding?

Edited by cmhatter

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

I have a question

Something we MIGHT be overlooking.

DW specifically said "big enough to house an entire 120-yard football field but also give an indoor practice option for other teams like soccer, softball and baseball during inclement weather"

I think we may not be looking to build a standard rectangular facility. Baseball is going to require something a bit wider.

Probably not.

They already have batting cages over at the baseball stadium. Really it would be for conditioning and perhaps fielding drills. Last season, baseball held practice indoor at one of the northern schools, and it was essentially the size of the SunDome floor but with astroturf.

Looks like Wichita State is on top of it:

http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7500&ATCLID=205044243

zCBmdl.jpg

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

think they are using 'multi purpose' to try to secure some state funding?

I doubt USF could get state funding without opening it up for use by the general student population.

When USF practiced at the University of Toronto, for the International Bowl, they had a very nice multi purpose indoor facility, but that was more of a bubble type. It was very nice.

http://physical.utoronto.ca/FacilitiesAndMemberships/Varsity_Centre.aspx

UToronto opens it up for student recreation, so if we did something similar we might get the state to pay for some of it:

One of the largest of its kind in Canada, the air-supported dome covers the entire field.

Erected during the winter months, the dome greatly increases playing time throughout the year.

The dome has had the biggest impact on U of T’s intramural programs, offering space for a number of wait-listed teams in a range of sports, including indoor soccer, field hockey, ultimate Frisbee, flag football, cricket and lacrosse.

It has also significantly expanded practice hours for Varsity Blues track and field, football, field hockey, soccer, lacrosse and rugby teams.

Community outreach has also been enhanced by the dome, which has expanded the Junior Blues program and created a driving range for golfers looking for an off-season practice space.

http://physical.utoronto.ca/FacilitiesAndMemberships/Varsity_Centre/Facility_Descriptions/Dome.aspx

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I have a question

Something we MIGHT be overlooking.

DW specifically said "big enough to house an entire 120-yard football field but also give an indoor practice option for other teams like soccer, softball and baseball during inclement weather"

I think we may not be looking to build a standard rectangular facility. Baseball is going to require something a bit wider.

Probably not.

They already have batting cages over at the baseball stadium. Really it would be for conditioning and perhaps fielding drills. Last season, baseball held practice indoor at one of the northern schools, and it was essentially the size of the SunDome floor but with astroturf.

Looks like Wichita State is on top of it:

http://www.goshocker...TCLID=205044243

zCBmdl.jpg

bingo

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

YqN31l.jpg

In my opinion, this rendering completely conflicts with the purpose of an indoor practice facility and I hope money isn't wasted on this. We need a completely enclosed facility to continue practices when there is lightning and terrential down pours.

I LOL'd :D

Then I saw you were serious, and I cried. :( and LOL'd again. :D

I am a big boy and can take the well deserved jabs. All I can say, with my tail between my legs, is that at least I can admit when I am wrong.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

YqN31l.jpg

In my opinion, this rendering completely conflicts with the purpose of an indoor practice facility and I hope money isn't wasted on this. We need a completely enclosed facility to continue practices when there is lightning and terrential down pours.

I am a big boy and can take the well deserved jabs. All I can say, with my tail between my legs, is that at least I can admit when I am wrong.

I give you MAJOR props though for admitting and taking it like a man B)

We've all had similar lapses of judgement/thinking.. I know I've had quite a few :D

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

YqN31l.jpg

We've all had similar lapses of judgement/thinking.. I know I've had quite a few :D

Thank you

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

YqN31l.jpg

Thank you

Have to say it, I LOL'd again! :D You da man!

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  558

I hope our design would be like the Michigan roof supports that are a open truss design instead of the FSU solid beam support which makes you feel like you are in a distribution warehouse ("eeww...really...that is so gross")

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  684

I agree b2b, the design has to be solid... for $4.3 million, our sister to the east got a nice window-less warehouse:

nJNwnl.jpg

OfSSQl.jpg

EpkDOl.jpg