• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Our former friend of The Octonian fame has a rebuttal to a great (IMO) ESPN article which is linked inside.

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2011/9/18/2433723/syracuse-pitt-acc-espn-dana-oneill-greedy-hypocrisy

I agree with many things he said but it doesn't take away the fact that ESPN is a for-profit corporation and University's are not for-profit organizations that have resorted to throwing away tradition, loyalty, honesty, etc. for the almighty dollar.  He may not like it but the ACC, Pitt, Syracuse and the whole lot are douchebags.  The truth hurts sometimes.

That's an entertaining read in the link above, but that's about all it is.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

I thought of this last night and getting blocked is very likely since we are rumored to be blocking UCF and UCF, Memphis, Southern ****, and ECU hate us for frog leaping them into the BCS. Thus this is a very likely scenario...

Nah.  UCF wouldn't block you...although many would think that we should.  And it's not a rumor...USF has been blocking UCF.  That fact came out this week.  But enought about that.  Higher road/bigger man stuff.  Question is...where is there room?

UCF would be fine with USF in CUSA...close team and bigger crowds than other CUSA teams draw.  USF and UCF need to work together to ensure themselves.  Genshaft can't go on thinking USF can do it on their own, in this case.  UCF and USF combines provides more TV sets than any other college football market in the USA.  This is a pretty good selling point.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

USF and UCF need to work together to ensure themselves.  Genshaft can't go on thinking USF can do it on their own, in this case.  UCF and USF combines provides more TV sets than any other college football market in the USA.  

Link or source to the bold? 

It would seem to me that the hesitation to add UCF at this point is either 1) the BE is still waiting to see who else gets poached where, and 2) they're not exactly sure UCF would be helpful. 

I think it's a bit of both. 

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I thought of this last night and getting blocked is very likely since we are rumored to be blocking UCF and UCF, Memphis, Southern ****, and ECU hate us for frog leaping them into the BCS. Thus this is a very likely scenario...

Nah.  UCF wouldn't block you...although many would think that we should.  And it's not a rumor...USF has been blocking UCF.  That fact came out this week.  But enought about that.  Higher road/bigger man stuff.  Question is...where is there room?

UCF would be fine with USF in CUSA...close team and bigger crowds than other CUSA teams draw.  USF and UCF need to work together to ensure themselves.  Genshaft can't go on thinking USF can do it on their own, in this case.  UCF and USF combines provides more TV sets than any other college football market in the USA.  This is a pretty good selling point.

I agree that USF and UCF together make a more attractive add to a conference. double the fans, double the tv sets. hell people constantly confuse the two of us now. 2 small fan bases combined equal one decent sized fan base .the sec controls the middle of this state. the acc has very little presence. a conference could be #2 in one of the most important states when it comes to college football recruiting and tv numbers if they just added UCF and USF. Hell the ACC could nearly take over the state with a 4 to 1 advantage.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Cincy has a back up plan!

http://cincinnati.247sports.com/Article/Arkeilpane-We-have-a-backup-plan-41042

Wish we would hear more from our administration.

The back up plan is merging with the Sun Belt to become:

SunBeastConf.jpg

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

I'm still waiting to hear ANY facts during this whole conference realignment; USF-related or not. A lot of "journalists" have said a lot of things, but very few facts have come out of any of them. I've read the reports about USF blocking UCF and I'm still waiting to find one where the Big East, USF or UCF says that they applied to the Big East and were denied due to USF intervention. I could have easily missed it in this whole mess, but I still can't find anything where UCF actually admits to applying to the Big East -- not that I don't think that it has already happened, but I see nothing in the form of a ECU-esque application submission.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I really, really hope TCU doesn't bolt before it even joins the league (assuming there even is a league anymore). I was really looking forward to USF playing them, and I hope there will still be at least a couple of games.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

UCF and USF combines provides more TV sets than any other college football market in the USA.

What the hell are you talking about? This is total, absolute nonsense. What does this sentence even mean?

Just for one easy example, either of the big Los Angeles schools has a larger TV market by itself by a million miles than USF and UCF do combined. Nevermind Texas, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

You Gnats just can't hear too well can you!!  USF hasn't blocked UCF and couldn't even if we wanted to.  USF's stance has always been and will always be that they would vote to affirm UCF into the conference if it was in the best interest of the conference.  Has UCF submitted a formal request to join the conference the way ECU has (doubtful unless it just recently happened)?  You do realize that Potato Head Marinatto didn't want to invite anymore full athletics Universities because of the existing size of the bball league which is why they were going with Nova, right? That is until Piitt and Syracuse left.  You guys are just too friggin thick sometimes.

We are all at the mercy of Providence (first and foremost), Marquette, DePaul, Seton Hall, Georgetown, Villanova, St. Johns, and the existing all sports Universities at the time because the BE wouldn't cut any bball schools and didn't want the bball conference any larger.  Please try to read and comprehend for once in your miserable life.

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

I wish the ignore button actually hid people from existence for me.

Archived