• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

With a new commissioner going into the Big 12 (rumors say it could be Britton Banowski of CUSA) and it came down to the Big 12 wanting large TV markets....why not take two in Florida?  Why not make that arguement easier?  USF isn't a shoe-in on their own...why not help that vote out?   UCF is also working on the Big 12.  UCF knows that the Big 12 schools are known for loyalty and sticking with their state schools and rivalries.  Wonder why UCF likes to make sure an ugly picture of Genshaft is being painted???   The thing is...UCF and the Big 12 know it's not made up.  Two can play there.  Or we could work together.  President Hitt has a lot of connections in the Big 12 and more than Genshaft.  Or...maybe CUSA is better for you.  Maybe we'll be both be fighting over the CUSA East with UAB and Marshall!!  ;D

Sure Hitt does but we also had this guy named Leroy Selmon(god rest his soul) that had a few connections to the Big 12.  I really don't think it is a wise idea for a school to paint an ugly picture of another schools President but if you say that is being done so be it but a very unwise move.   I for one would be happy to USF get into the Big 12 and if UCF got invited at the same time - great.

That isn't what is being done by UCF.  But it's not being made up by UCF, either.  It's an example....LeRoy can't help USF now.  (God rest his soul...I'm also a bucs fan).  USF should be more proactive themselves and work together with UCF.  Jus sayin'.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

How would we all feel if tomorrow the Big East announced that TCU will join as scheduled, Navy has been added, and the exit fees have been set at $20 million like the ACC (if I recall that correctly)? Would that sit well with everyone? In this scenario, I don't see the AQ being taken away, we remain at 8 teams, and still have a pretty decent chance of negotiating a TV deal. Not to mention we'll have ND/Navy and the Navy/Army game.

I don't want the exit fees raised until we determine that there's no chance to go anywhere else.  With our luck they'll raise the fees and then the ACC will come calling.

My point in asking was, would we feel more confident in a conference with high exit fees and basically maintaining the teams we have now and add Navy? Would we feel that the conference isn't going to fall out from under our feet? All we want at this point is to not be left out (as do many other schools in our conference). We want to be in a conference with an AQ. I think the scenario above would maintain that. Heck, we could let Cuse out early and keep Pitt and next year have 9 teams.

PITT

USF

CINCY

UCONN

RUTGERS

WVU

LOUISVILLE

NAVY

TCU

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

There was recruiting fallout in the spring?

You talking about your stud QB that was unable to academically qualify?

Yeah.  What a waste of time all of that was and he couldn't even pass his classes.  I hate UL.  They're worse than you guys and ECU...actually about as simple as ECU and closed minded.  UCF's basketball (football won't get anything) is under NCAA investigation because of them and UCF and UL (both ADs used to be good friends) had a major fallout.  It all started with us taking their hometown hero, DaMarcus Smith.

?

That DaMarcus Smith thing hasn't worked out too well so far.

UCF basketball is under investigation because UCF basketball potentially violated rules.  If UL pointed that out, it is only because they could because UCF did something wrong.

demarcus said it was a business decision to go to UCF...never sounded right to me.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

You can't let one school leave early and not allow the other to go as well.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

With a new commissioner going into the Big 12 (rumors say it could be Britton Banowski of CUSA) and it came down to the Big 12 wanting large TV markets....why not take two in Florida?  Why not make that arguement easier?  USF isn't a shoe-in on their own...why not help that vote out?   UCF is also working on the Big 12.  UCF knows that the Big 12 schools are known for loyalty and sticking with their state schools and rivalries.  Wonder why UCF likes to make sure an ugly picture of Genshaft is being painted???   The thing is...UCF and the Big 12 know it's not made up.  Two can play there.  Or we could work together.  President Hitt has a lot of connections in the Big 12 and more than Genshaft.  Or...maybe CUSA is better for you.  Maybe we'll be both be fighting over the CUSA East with UAB and Marshall!!  ;D

Sure Hitt does but we also had this guy named Leroy Selmon(god rest his soul) that had a few connections to the Big 12.  I really don't think it is a wise idea for a school to paint an ugly picture of another schools President but if you say that is being done so be it but a very unwise move.   I for one would be happy to USF get into the Big 12 and if UCF got invited at the same time - great.

That isn't what is being done by UCF.  But it's not being made up by UCF, either.  It's an example....LeRoy can't help USF now.  (God rest his soul...I'm also a bucs fan).  USF should be more proactive themselves and work together with UCF.  Jus sayin'.

For the record, I don't have a problem with USF and UCF working together.  I just don't see how that helps USF's cause.  And, really, I don't see any conference having a big desire to get two schools that are so close together unless they are big name schools.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

You can't let one school leave early and not allow the other to go as well.

why not? I'd assume they have different contracts with the BE.

• Content Count:  4,501

As a huge USF fan I actually think that is a good idea but I doubt many of  my fellow Bulls brothers will agree.  Other thing you have to understand is way way before this I was on the "GO BIG 12" bandwagon - probably by myself but I felt like it could make sense with us in Florida.  If the Big 12 wants 2 florida teams well then come on UCF.

• Content Count:  711

?  That DaMarcus Smith thing hasn't worked out too well so far.

UCF basketball is under investigation because UCF basketball potentially violated rules.  If UL pointed that out, it is only because they could because UCF did something wrong.

Did you even read my post??  I just said that the DaMarcus Smith thing was a waste of time and effort.  UL caused a stink over it talking him into requesting a release from his LOI.  GOL didn't give it to him.  Then he came back and took pics loving UCF again...and didn't qualify.  Waste of time like I said.  Have you even followed this story?   UL, Forde and Thamel only reported UCF because UCF took 2 high profile basketball recruits away from Pitino and it caused an investigation.  We will probably get in trouble...but football will be fine.  Basketball will lose some recruiting days and possibly scholarships.  *****.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

How would we all feel if tomorrow the Big East announced that TCU will join as scheduled, Navy has been added, and the exit fees have been set at $20 million like the ACC (if I recall that correctly)? Would that sit well with everyone? In this scenario, I don't see the AQ being taken away, we remain at 8 teams, and still have a pretty decent chance of negotiating a TV deal. Not to mention we'll have ND/Navy and the Navy/Army game.

I don't want the exit fees raised until we determine that there's no chance to go anywhere else.  With our luck they'll raise the fees and then the ACC will come calling.

My point in asking was, would we feel more confident in a conference with high exit fees and basically maintaining the teams we have now and add Navy? Would we feel that the conference isn't going to fall out from under our feet? All we want at this point is to not be left out (as do many other schools in our conference). We want to be in a conference with an AQ. I think the scenario above would maintain that. Heck, we could let Cuse out early and keep Pitt and next year have 9 teams.

PITT

USF

CINCY

UCONN

RUTGERS

WVU

LOUISVILLE

NAVY

TCU

Cuse and Pitt will leave at the same time.  I think (hope) what we'll see is that we add the two schools that TCU wants within the next couple of weeks.  Then we sign some sort of solidarity thing that is all the rage right now.

Archived