• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

What delusions.  Both UCF and USF are seriously in talks with the Big 12.  

That delusion. 

That too.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Yeah seriously, the delusions these people have is mind boggling.  

What delusions.  Both UCF and USF are seriously in talks with the Big 12.  Not saying it's going to happen...but they will evaluate it.  They won't take USF or UCF alone.  It's either both or none...you have to understand this.  USF isn't a household name to hold up on their own that far away from the rest of the conference.  They're also more open minded than the Big East was.

Well, I'm not nervous anymore.  Seems like we've got nothing to worry about.  UCF is going to get us into the Big XII.  Glad we can put this worry behind us.

::)

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

?  That DaMarcus Smith thing hasn't worked out too well so far.

UCF basketball is under investigation because UCF basketball potentially violated rules.  If UL pointed that out, it is only because they could because UCF did something wrong.

Did you even read my post??  I just said that the DaMarcus Smith thing was a waste of time and effort.  UL caused a stink over it talking him into requesting a release from his LOI.  GOL didn't give it to him.  Then he came back and took pics loving UCF again...and didn't qualify.  Waste of time like I said.  Have you even followed this story?   UL, Forde and Thamel only reported UCF because UCF took 2 high profile basketball recruits away from Pitino and it caused an investigation.  We will probably get in trouble...but football will be fine.  Basketball will lose some recruiting days and possibly scholarships.  *****.

Yes, I live Orlando and read the Slantinel all the time.

So you admit that your basketball team broke the rules, but it's Louisville's fault that you will be punished for it?

If you rob a store and get caught, do you tell the judge it's the fault of the video surveillance camera and you shouldn't go to jail?

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Look Goldenbutt is right, USF probably won't be taken all alone.  But there is not a snowball's chance in hell that UCF gets an invite.  AQ conferences that survive realignment will be taking teams from OTHER AQ conferences.  Period.  

It's really time for this guy to get it in his head.  UCF is a non-issue in this entire thing, they will continue to get sloppy seconds no matter what.  

What delusions.  Both UCF and USF are seriously in talks with the Big 12.  Not saying it's going to happen...but they will evaluate it.  They won't take USF or UCF alone.  It's either both or none...you have to understand this.  USF isn't a household name to hold up on their own that far away from the rest of the conference.  They're also more open minded than the Big East was.

This is the delusion since you have no way of proving it.

Let me get this straight.  They don't want USF.  They don't want UCF.  But they will want both together?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

We would be an island in the b12 without UCF. We are better off as a package deal. That being said I doubt it happens. OU says no to pursuing east or west coast, though neinas may override

• Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

That is not true at all. There are some very connected people who have stated that IF the Big 12 decides to go to 14 they would do it by adding WVU, Louisville, Cincinnati, and USF.  If the Big 12 decides to go to 12, then its 2 of those 4 and WVU would almost surely be a lock to be 1 of them.  UL, Cincy, and USF would be the other spot.

No where have I heard or seen USF and a UCF combo to the Big 12 even being discussed.  If USF stays in the Big East and it stays somewhat in tact, I am all for inviting UCF.  I might be in the minority, but I would actually like UCF in the Big East.  But, the Big 12 thing has nothing to do with UCF.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Look Goldenbutt is right, USF probably won't be taken all alone.  But there is not a snowball's chance in hell that UCF gets an invite.  AQ conferences that survive realignment will be taking teams from OTHER AQ conferences.  Period.  

It's really time for this guy to get it in his head.  UCF is a non-issue in this entire thing, they will continue to get sloppy seconds no matter what.  

I just hope the sloppy seconds isn't USF.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This is the delusion since you have no way of proving it.

Let me get this straight.  They don't want USF.  They don't want UCF.  But they will want both together?

You see when you don't want one school because it's too far away you add in another school that's too far way and they cancel out!

We would be an island in the b12 without UCF. We are better off as a package deal. That being said I doubt it happens. OU says no to pursuing east or west coast, though neinas may override

We are an island in the Big East, last time I checked.  The idea is to get on TV stations in a geographic area.  We have these new inventions called airplanes.  To get a bigger TV contract you expand the borders of your conference, not fit as many in one small area as possible.

Archived