• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

I think that the best we can do for now is expect the worst and hope for the best......whatever those may be.....i mean we all know the worst would be loosing AQ status.....and the best....well the sky is the limit......

As for today and this weekend.....GO BULLS....lets smoke UTEP.....oh and lets hope they bring some of the girls that i have been seeing on the girls of UTEP thread with them.....

so are you saying I need to go find my old CUSA shirt.... :'(

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  42
  • Days Won:  0

Expect the Worse Quote...... We do not get into Conf USA because we are BLOCKED!!!!!!

Holy Crap, Would that leave Sun Belt??????

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

Expect the Worse Quote...... We do not get into Conf USA because we are BLOCKED!!!!!!

then rick scott would have to get involved  ::)

• Content Count:  879

Does the Sun Belt winner get to go to a Bowl?

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I thought of this last night and getting blocked is very likely since we are rumored to be blocking UCF and UCF, Memphis, Southern Piss, and ECU hate us for frog leaping them into the BCS. Thus this is a very likely scenario...

If we were blocked then we would most likely become an independent team and wait out this mess...

Our best option right now, assuming that we are not secretly getting into the BigXII, would be to work with the remaining Big East teams that we can trust, CUSA teams, service academies, and MWC teams to create a new conference that would most likely get AQ status when the Big East dissolves.

I'm sure that we could also have Pitt, Cuse, and the ACC help out to make this happen so it frees up their 2 teams.

Problem with waiting for an invite to the BigXII is that one might never come to us... if this occurs and they raid the Big East to replenish their numbers then we are ******.

I say lets try to get something together on our own, a pre-emptive strike, let Potato Head sing kumbya and kiss the ass of the basketball programs which will be our death. We need action now assuming nothing else is occurring that we are not aware of.

• Content Count:  42

I believe New Orleans Bowl..... Better known as the INSIGNIFICANT BOWL!

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

I thought of this last night and getting blocked is very likely since we are rumored to be blocking UCF and UCF, Memphis, Southern ****, and ECU hate us for frog leaping them into the BCS. Thus this is a very likely scenario...

If we were blocked then we would most likely become an independent team and wait out this mess...

Our best option right now, assuming that we are not secretly getting into the BigXII, would be to work with the remaining Big East teams that we can trust, CUSA teams, service academies, and MWC teams to create a new conference that would most likely get AQ status when the Big East dissolves.

I'm sure that we could also have Pitt, Cuse, and the ACC help out to make this happen so it frees up their 2 teams.

Problem with waiting for an invite to the BigXII is that one might never come to us... if this occurs and they raid the Big East to replenish their numbers then we are ******.

I say lets try to get something together on our own, a pre-emptive strike, let Potato Head sing kumbya and kiss the *** of the basketball programs which will be our death. We need action now assuming nothing else is occurring that we are not aware of.

Something tells me C-USA would rather have a chance at an AQ-bid than block any AQ team for any reason. Anything they can do to strengthen their resume, would only benefit C-USA. On that note, I'd rather fail as an independent than rejoin C-USA.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Our former friend of The Octonian fame has a rebuttal to a great (IMO) ESPN article which is linked inside.

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2011/9/18/2433723/syracuse-pitt-acc-espn-dana-oneill-greedy-hypocrisy

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Our former friend of The Octonian fame has a rebuttal to a great (IMO) ESPN article which is linked inside.

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2011/9/18/2433723/syracuse-pitt-acc-espn-dana-oneill-greedy-hypocrisy

I agree with many things he said but it doesn't take away the fact that ESPN is a for-profit corporation and University's are not for-profit organizations that have resorted to throwing away tradition, loyalty, honesty, etc. for the almighty dollar.  He may not like it but the ACC, Pitt, Syracuse and the whole lot are douchebags.  The truth hurts sometimes.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Cincy has a back up plan!

http://cincinnati.247sports.com/Article/Arkeilpane-We-have-a-backup-plan-41042

Wish we would hear more from our administration.

633495970499811166-backup-plan-590x471.jpg

Archived