• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  151

is it time to lock this one or split off say the last five pages and start part 3?

Can we get a thread dedicated to actual information and not speculation? These threads are going crazy.

I would be for that BUT some of the stuff people consider information is not far from speculation itself

True so can you mod it so that users can only cite sources of information?

we could have three categories and pray that people follow the threads correctly (otherwise it's like herding cats):

1) Free For ALL Re-Alignment thread-- anything goes in here that doesn't fit category 2 or 3

2) News/Facts (cited articles/websites) Re-Alignment thread with discussion

3) Tweets/random speculation/latest rumors Re-Alignment thread

that might be a little over the top-- as it does seem to be calming down but this has been a roller coaster ride so who knows

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Dude, relax.  EVERYTHING is speculation at this point.  You are free not to read if you'd rather not.

I'd like to read....but sorting through pages because of idiotic comments like that which have nothing to do with the topic is a pain in the ass.

I'll summarize for you:

SEC doesn't want us.

ACC doesn't want us.

B12 doesn't really want us but there is a small chance we might luck into a spot there.

• Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

is it time to lock this one or split off say the last five pages and start part 3?

Can we get a thread dedicated to actual information and not speculation? These threads are going crazy.

I would be for that BUT some of the stuff people consider information is not far from speculation itself

we could have three categories and pray that people follow the threads correctly (otherwise it's like herding cats):

1) Free For ALL Re-Alignment thread-- anything goes in here that doesn't fit category 2 or 3

that might be a little over the top-- as it does seem to be calming down but this has been a roller coaster ride so who knows

Good idea...it makes sense as this is a topic that has a very large audience and will go on for quite some time.

• Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

Fantastic idea. The random posts of people putting together the same meaningless proposals for what conferences should be put together as if they are either the first to think of it or they have opinions worth noting on the matter were really, really annoying and seemed to be about 90 percent of the posts on the two monster threads. I hope this means you'll delete such posts from the other threads so anyone who is just looking for actual useful information can find it in a consolidated manner.

6a00d8341c5e4053ef01538e961259970b-800wi

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4i_V9h-k2eo7HswsD9JTmwmRKwv4MCf1kxptsKX1IVeANRsEB

• Content Count:  9,685
  • Days Won:  8

Here is what we KNOW for those asking:

Big12 is sticking together (for the next 6 years at least) but they still have issues to sort out with revenue sharing.

Currently they have 10 teams.

Texas A&M is still expressing desire to leave so we can safely say they joined the SEC.

SEC then has 13 teams and will likely want a 14th for balance.

Pittsburg and Syracuse joined the ACC

Big12 is looking to expand and could try to add anywhere between 1 and 5 teams... or they could decide none of the adds are good enough and stay at 9, but unlikely. Based on statements Big12 sentiment seems on adding quality over quantity and making geographic sense.

Big East is looking to add the service academies.  

Uconn whoring themselves to ACC but no bite yet...

Factors that make a team desirable are fan following, TV market, recruiting in no particular area and then last of those three seems to be on the field performance.

Here are what I think is most likely to happen...

1) Big 12 adds 1 or 3 teams (in no order of pref: BYU, TCU, Navy, WVU, USF, UL, Cincy, ?...)

2) SEC stays at 13 (I think they hold off on WVU for ACC team for the time being, A&M was a HUGE get)

3) Big East adds 2 or 3 teams (in no order of pref: Navy, AFA, Army, UCF, ?...)

4) ACC holds at 14 (I think they don't want to be looked at as the causing the loss of other uni's AQ and are ok at 14 b/c PAC held at 12)

So basically when I look at that here is what I think plays out until the wheels start spinning again:

Big12 adds 1 or 3 teams... if only 1 I think it's BYU... if 3, BYU + 2 Big East teams

Big East adds 1 - 3 teams and ends up at 8, 9 or 10 teams depending on how many Big East teams the Big12 takes.

If Big 12 takes 2 or more Big East teams the Big East loses it's AQ

As for what teams are added to any conference, no body knows right now except for A&M to the SEC

As for what happens to the left over Big East teams... nobody knows... could be anywhere from 0 - 3 or 4 left over to hope to get taken by an AQ that has room or they will rot away with UCF.

On that not... Cincy is just stomping on the ACC.. just scored, now 41 to 17.

If Army wanted no part of CUSA-- why would they decide to join the Big East and be everyone's punching bag?

• Content Count:  1,027

Big12 is sticking together (for the next 6 years at least) but they still have issues to sort out with revenue sharing.

Texas A&M is still expressing desire to leave so we can safely say they joined the SEC.

Big12 is looking to expand and could try to add anywhere between 1 and 5 teams... or they could decide none of the adds are good enough and stay at 9, but unlikely. Based on statements Big12 sentiment seems on adding quality over quantity and making geographic sense.

Factors that make a team desirable are fan following, TV market, recruiting in no particular area and then last of those three seems to be on the field performance.

1) Big 12 adds 1 or 3 teams (in no order of pref: BYU, TCU, Navy, WVU, USF, UL, Cincy, ?...)

2) SEC stays at 13 (I think they hold off on WVU for ACC team for the time being, A&M was a HUGE get)

4) ACC holds at 14 (I think they don't want to be looked at as the causing the loss of other uni's AQ and are ok at 14 b/c PAC held at 12)

So basically when I look at that here is what I think plays out until the wheels start spinning again:

Big12 adds 1 or 3 teams... if only 1 I think it's BYU... if 3, BYU + 2 Big East teams

Big East adds 1 - 3 teams and ends up at 8, 9 or 10 teams depending on how many Big East teams the Big12 takes.

As for what teams are added to any conference, no body knows right now except for A&M to the SEC

As for what happens to the left over Big East teams... nobody knows... could be anywhere from 0 - 3 or 4 left over to hope to get taken by an AQ that has room or they will rot away with UCF.

The 6 year thing has yet to be confirmed. @PeteThamelNYT

Yeah,grab the cat lassos.

The 6 year thing has yet to be confirmed. @PeteThamelNYT

Yeah,grab the cat lassos.

hey-- if you put it in here-- it stays in here. If you've got a good tweet-- put it in the tweet thread

• Content Count:  42

As this whole drama unfolds all of us are hoping for any AQ conference at this point to grab us.  But USF is in a tough position to find a home.  Big 12 does not want us, ACC, SEC will do the same during the Conf reforms.  We are so new to the game, and it really is hurting our cause.  I am a BULL always....But realize now we may be looking at the merger of CUSA and MWC right around the corner with our teams with that logo on uniforms.

Truly hope I am wrong and our leaders are quiet because there is something great around the corner.  But be positive and understand whatever happens out of this mess we will always be fans and support our USF teams no matter where we land.  We will be great wherever we land.........

Archived