• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

for the sake of the Big East's image, perception and possibly AQ status in the long run it *****, but in reality Cuse and Pitt are epic **** and mediocre **** respectively, neither having won or even sniffed a BCS bowl in years (if i recall Pitt's last trip to a major bowl was an assthrash at the hands of Utah). WVU and TCU-- both recent BCS bowl winners-- are solid cornerstones should the conference remain intact. Cinci had a historic season a couple years ago, making it to a BCS bowl (and losing, but still...) USF is poised to take the next step. i hope Louisville can get back on track to at least respectability. the Ville and Cinci are the closest things we've got to "allies" in this situation. Rutgers can remain a basement school good for the NY market and UConn should be dropped immediately in favor of UMass, just to spite them. ok maybe not in favor of UMass but they should be booted ASAP for their shameless public whoring.

after that i think Navy, Air Force and Temple should be top choices, the former two due to prestige/tradition (Colorado is not a stretch when we've already got Ft. Worth on the travel schedule) and the latter because the Philly market is huge and Nova hasn't sufficiently progressed in its attempts to stop sucking. might as well throw ECU a bone while we're at it-- they want in and they've proven they can compete and win against AQ schools, and i like what i've heard about their presence in Carolina. if ECU can regularly beat UNC, NCSU, Wake and Duke on the field and in recruiting we can send an extra "**** you" to the ACC.

I didn't know Jim Rome was on this board.

how should i interpret this comment? lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Whoever is not following blauds on twitter should.

Writer for Boston Globe, sounds informed. Here are a few nuggets:

TCU not a concern to leave as much as UL.

BE may be facing surprisingly low tv contract.

BE better off w/ UCF and ECU than trying to sell to others.

True these have all been speculated, coming from a professional writer is another thing

Why does his gossip sound more informed than any other writer's gossip?

LOL.  I was thinking this.  But I have read this guy's posts, and for some reason it does sound like he knows what he's talking about.  But in the end, I think he's speculating like most of the rest of them.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  151

is it time to lock this one or split off say the last five pages and start part 3?

• Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

is it time to lock this one or split off say the last five pages and start part 3?

Can we get a thread dedicated to actual information and not speculation? These threads are going crazy.

• Content Count:  1,867

Feels like our whole football season (and future) is being sucked away by this crap... IT SUCKS...

I just pray our team takes it out on UTEP Sat...

cannot believe we got put in this predicament by incompetence and poor leadership... this passiveness that seems to exist around our situation is what's most frustrating about it. Like we are running in S  L  O  W    M  O  T  I  O  N.  

USF fans deserve better...

done with rant... sorry...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  151

Can we get a thread dedicated to actual information and not speculation? These threads are going crazy.

I would be for that BUT some of the stuff people consider information is not far from speculation itself

I would be for that BUT some of the stuff people consider information is not far from speculation itself

True so can you mod it so that users can only cite sources of information?

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Dude, relax.  EVERYTHING is speculation at this point.  You are free not to read if you'd rather not.

Dude, relax.  EVERYTHING is speculation at this point.  You are free not to read if you'd rather not.

I'd like to read....but sorting through pages because of idiotic comments like that which have nothing to do with the topic is a pain in the ass.

• Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

for the sake of the Big East's image, perception and possibly AQ status in the long run it *****, but in reality Cuse and Pitt are epic **** and mediocre **** respectively, neither having won or even sniffed a BCS bowl in years (if i recall Pitt's last trip to a major bowl was an assthrash at the hands of Utah). WVU and TCU-- both recent BCS bowl winners-- are solid cornerstones should the conference remain intact. Cinci had a historic season a couple years ago, making it to a BCS bowl (and losing, but still...) USF is poised to take the next step. i hope Louisville can get back on track to at least respectability. the Ville and Cinci are the closest things we've got to "allies" in this situation. Rutgers can remain a basement school good for the NY market and UConn should be dropped immediately in favor of UMass, just to spite them. ok maybe not in favor of UMass but they should be booted ASAP for their shameless public whoring.

after that i think Navy, Air Force and Temple should be top choices, the former two due to prestige/tradition (Colorado is not a stretch when we've already got Ft. Worth on the travel schedule) and the latter because the Philly market is huge and Nova hasn't sufficiently progressed in its attempts to stop sucking. might as well throw ECU a bone while we're at it-- they want in and they've proven they can compete and win against AQ schools, and i like what i've heard about their presence in Carolina. if ECU can regularly beat UNC, NCSU, Wake and Duke on the field and in recruiting we can send an extra "**** you" to the ACC.

I didn't know Jim Rome was on this board.

how should i interpret this comment? lol

As a compliment.  I love the "...Nova hasn't sufficeintly progressed in its attempts to stop sucking..."

Archived