• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  120
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, Navy doesn't want to be in the Big East?  The Big East is done.  No one will commit to them; not current teams or potential teams.  Instead of lying to everyones face by saying they're committed to the Big East, I think they all need to agree to disband after this season  Wherever you land, you land.  I think it's better to do it now instead of living a lie waiting in fear for the next round of expansion.  There is no way possible I see TCU walking into this cancer next year.

Why do you think Navy doesn't want to be in the Big East?  In AA's interview, the Navy AD said he wants to see that the current teams are actually going to stay in the conference before they commit.  That means they are very interested.

Do you think anyone is going to jump into a conference that is about to fold? 

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/FBC-BIGEAST-NAVY_6124510/FBC-BIGEAST-NAVY_6124510/

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,685
  • Days Won:  8

So I saw a mentin ont the OU board that the NCAA president told the PAC 12 to slow it down and wome OU officials were in Indy the other day at the NCAA Headquarters for what reason no one knows.

This comes from another board:

"PAC-12 presidents felt NCAA President Mark Emmert reaching out to caution against possible negative ramifications of superconf was effective

If this is true looks like the NCAA was not prepared for the Super Conferences."

Anyone else watching the press conference... look how fast the Big12 got their *hit in line and put this together.... Big East is such full of fail.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Wow, Navy doesn't want to be in the Big East?  The Big East is done.  No one will commit to them; not current teams or potential teams.  Instead of lying to everyones face by saying they're committed to the Big East, I think they all need to agree to disband after this season  Wherever you land, you land.  I think it's better to do it now instead of living a lie waiting in fear for the next round of expansion.  There is no way possible I see TCU walking into this cancer next year.

Why do you think Navy doesn't want to be in the Big East?  In AA's interview, the Navy AD said he wants to see that the current teams are actually going to stay in the conference before they commit.  That means they are very interested.

Do you think anyone is going to jump into a conference that is about to fold? 

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/FBC-BIGEAST-NAVY_6124510/FBC-BIGEAST-NAVY_6124510/

Where did he say they don't want to be in the Big East? He even admits there are ongoing discussions.  That is code for "I hope they tell us we'd get in if we turn in an application."

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Anyone else watching the press conference... look how fast the Big12 got their *hit in line and put this together.... Big East is such full of fail.

When your staple teams are OU, Texas, OSU, and TTU, it's easier to keep it together.

• Content Count:  3,802

Umm, yeahhh...Navy clearly wants in, but doesn't want in if it's jumping into a deep fryer.

Seems like if something as simple as raising the exit fee happens that they'll see enough solidarity to join up.

This orangebloods.com article talks Big12 expansion and mentions TCU as the possible 1st add.

No mention of USF

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1269088

Looks like Big12 is holding firm together and "reactivating their expansion committee" according to the press conference.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

When your staple teams are OU, Texas, OSU, and TTU, it's easier to keep it together.

+1

• Content Count:  4,259

Big 12 is looking for three replacements immediately and the remaining 9 are locked in.

1. Boise State

2. Louisville

3. Who Knows

I guess that Louisville is gone from the BE at a minimum.

SEC won't get Missouri nor any other Big 12 team. B1G will grab who they want from BE and BE is basically dead fish.

Not looking good for USF at all.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,634
  • Days Won:  6

Presser - B12 has created an expansion committe to look at possible candidates.  Do we remind them tonight we are the only Florida BCS team that is available if they want to get into the market for recruiting?

Archived