• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Can one of you researchnics find out the last time a team finished in the Top 25 without beating a team with a winning record before 2010. I'd be interested to know.

I'd venture to say never ... but that's not really the point I'm assuming slick's trying to make. He's not stupid enough to think they were/are a top 25 quality team but the perception, somehow through smoke and mirrors, was they were ... I'm assuming it's the recognition the pasty fat coach brings them.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Here's 973espn's response to my question about where he came up with the info about USF to the Big 12:

I went to WVU & some of my sources from there are telling me USF is in the talks to head to Big 12, IF WV goes, SEC still in play

Wonder if that meant we were in talks with Bebee..

Bebee is out, isn't he?

Yeah, he said we were in talks with the "head of the big 12". So if that meant Bebee, that would definitely suck.

Chuck Neinas is rumored to be the new commissioner. He helped with our search for Coach holtz, so he knows Mr. Woolard and the potential of our program.

He also helped USF find Woolard, if I'm not mistaken.  So, there's another connection.

We use him so much he even gives us a discount. That's true.

Any chance we are paying him to act as Big 12 commish long enough to get in?  :)

Shhhh...Blabbermouth.  ;)

• Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

Can one of you researchnics find out the last time a team finished in the Top 25 without beating a team with a winning record before 2010. I'd be interested to know.

I'd venture to say never ... but that's not really the point I'm assuming slick's trying to make. He's not stupid enough to think they were/are a top 25 quality team but the perception, somehow through smoke and mirrors, was they were ... I'm assuming it's the recognition the pasty fat coach brings them.

Just saying, last year, in the people who counts eyes, they had a better team. USF didn't get 1 vote in the final polls. Some of what people from USF see in UCF isn't what the people that count the most see.

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

You misspelled Rectus. Caught again.

Yes... I misspelled Rectus. I meant to have a user name that meant "straight" or "governed."

::)

Also mean right/correct which you always think you are.

Etymology of my name comes from Raetia and is far more supportive of your argument than Rectus is.

Well, you should have chosen Elatus. Can you drop it and get on topic?

No. I am willing to Ignore you, though.

Life of Brian

+1

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Who went 9-2 and was the ONLY BCS Top 25 team not invited to a bowl game? Sorry, for bringing up a very sore subject.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

In terms of that rumor news you don't have to disclose anything but for my education sake can somebody tell me who the guy Josh Newberg is??? Just trying to figure out why I might subscribe to his info. Thanks

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

If anyone really wants to pay to get the super top secret report about same Big 12 rumor we've been hearing for days, feel free to PM me your credit card information instead.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Big East football schools need to break off and start the East Coast Conference. Add 5 schools and get to a 12 team all sports conference, with exception to Navy, Air Force.

In terms of that rumor news you don't have to disclose anything but for my education sake can somebody tell me who the guy Josh Newberg is??? Just trying to figure out why I might subscribe to his info. Thanks

He's bounced around from site-to-site and generally deals with a lot of college/high school recruiting gossip.

Archived