• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Bulls 247 is set to have a 3:30 update on realignment and it mentioned hearing "positive rumors".

http://southflorida.247sports.com/

Is this link working properly for anyone?

Works but you need a subscription to read anything at all.

Anyone find out what it is?

It is a VIP article, but they have a 7 day free trial.

Trust me, it's been worth it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

UCF's ranking last year was not based on any merit.  They lost to USM.

So they got a pity vote from the coaches? Don't buy it. They did beat UGA.

Holy ****, you're serious?? I thought you were just stringing them along ... You honestly think UCF was the 25th best team in the country?

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Serious, I would be more in favor of FIU than UCF.  They proved why.  While their fans were a little less classy, I still think they have a better coach and are more humble.  UCF has been in the SEC since 1999, just ask them.  I don't want to reward them in any way for their arrogance.

You'd be just as arrogant if UCF got in the Big East and USF was still in CUSA, right?

Nope. Not if they kicked our *** 4 times in a row.

If you were ranked after and they weren't? Sure you wouldn't, sure.

I'm going to assume that you either have me blocked or have realized how silly you sound -- either way, I'm satisfied that you aren't answering my statements anymore.

Anyways, the Bulls247 article is pretty juicy -- interesting if any of it turns out to be true.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Everyone remember you are arguing with the guy who forms a large portion of his opinion off the ratings on the NCAA football games...... 

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Serious, I would be more in favor of FIU than UCF.  They proved why.  While their fans were a little less classy, I still think they have a better coach and are more humble.  UCF has been in the SEC since 1999, just ask them.  I don't want to reward them in any way for their arrogance.

You'd be just as arrogant if UCF got in the Big East and USF was still in CUSA, right?

Whatever you say.  They said it before, during, and after we beat them.  They said it and went 0-17.  That 0-17 team went and won CUSA.  That's how crappy they are.  The events on the field are irrelevant.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Holy ****, you're serious?? I thought you were just stringing them along ... You honestly think UCF was the 25th best team in the country?

I honestly think that BCS needs to go and a playoff system needs to be put in place. No AQ, you have to work to be ranked.

UCF shot that theory to hell last year ... I think a team "working" to be ranked should have at least one win over team with a winning record, don't you?

I honestly think that BCS needs to go and a playoff system needs to be put in place. No AQ, you have to work to be ranked.

He's a genius! What an original concept! Why hasn't anyone thought of that of that before!? A playoff.

Genius.

I mean... wow. Brilliant!

I'm amazed. Fixed everything. One sentence! Fixed! Genius.

I'm backing down... too smart for me. It's like he can see the ******* future! He's a seer! Stop reading my mind! *runs off into the distance*

I'm going to assume that you either have me blocked or have realized how silly you sound -- either way, I'm satisfied that you aren't answering my statements anymore.

Anyways, the Bulls247 article is pretty juicy -- interesting if any of it turns out to be true.

Dude, really. You are knocking UCF from games they played years ago with coaches and players who are gone. If you don't think being ranked and beating SEC teams is worth anything, why play the game? Rivalries are played every year, they don't stop after 4. Go and look at Michigan/Ohio St. or any Notre Dame rivalry series. They didn't stop at 4 and say, you aren't worthy, we won't play you any more. They continue for DECADES, even if one or the other has a massive lead like Penn St over Temple, but they still play them and don't act like arrogant asses that the other team isn't worthy, like your post. That is not what college football is about.

Actually, I'm not knocking them at all. I am saying, though, that they aren't a better team than us and haven't been since we have had a BCS status. Please find the post where I said that they were a bad team or weren't worth of an AQ status? I'll wait for you to eat crow.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

attachment.php?attachmentid=383&d=1214037416

I was just thinking the same thing.  It would be quite refreshing if we could stop criticizing each others' ability to judge which football team is better and get back to actual discussions about realignment.

Just a thought.

Archived