• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Bulls 247 is set to have a 3:30 update on realignment and it mentioned hearing "positive rumors".

http://southflorida.247sports.com/

Is this link working properly for anyone?

Works but you need a subscription to read anything at all.

Only the VIP content. Not everything there is VIP content.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

Anyone know what this Bulls247 big, important rumor thing was?

(And before you even say it, no, I'm not going to register/subscribe, not after they've been tweeting like they're on meth about this "positive news" for the last few hours only for it to turn out to be spam to subscribe.)

All I can tell you is its not spam and its really really good.

If it's that good, it should be on the major wires, no? I just don't like pay-per sites. I guess I'll just have to wait until someone pics up this "story" or whatever it is or tweets about it.

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Serious, I would be more in favor of FIU than UCF.  They proved why.  While their fans were a little less classy, I still think they have a better coach and are more humble.  UCF has been in the SEC since 1999, just ask them.  I don't want to reward them in any way for their arrogance.

USF to the Big East was the worst kept secret on this board back in the day.  This was before twitter.  We had a secret email club.  It was not leaked to anyone though, including our friends to the East that were certain it was their time.

• Content Count:  5,591

Bulls 247 is set to have a 3:30 update on realignment and it mentioned hearing "positive rumors".

http://southflorida.247sports.com/

Is this link working properly for anyone?

Works but you need a subscription to read anything at all.

Anyone find out what it is?

• Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  0

Let us live in the now then troops. As of now, we're ranked 18th. As of this season, UCF just lost to FIU. Let's move on.

UCF's ranking last year was not based on any merit.  They lost to USM.

So they got a pity vote from the coaches? Don't buy it. They did beat UGA.

UGA beat themselves.  I think they didn't fall far enough out and some teams below them lost.  In no certain terms did they deserve a ranking last year so it was a pity vote the whole way.  They are real good at talking about themselves, I think that carries over to the press, and of course the coaches poll can be a complete joke with conference nepotism.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

The Big East has a few options from there, which will be discussed on Oct. 2 at a regularly scheduled presidents’ meeting. (from the article above)

Sounds like we will hear nothing about any new members till then...

Oct 2???? I don't get why this isn't something that would be moved up on the schedule. Why would you not want to meet ASAP?

Simple. Pitt and Syracuse are in the league for another 2 seasons. Patience can be a good thing.

Patience, Basketball, and ignorance got us to the brink of death.

Fixed it  ;)

The only way the Big East can remain viable is if it...

1.) Kicks out all of the basketball schools + Notre Dame (Sign of Strength)

2.) Adds ALL of the service academies as full members

3.) Adds ECU, UCF, Houston, Memphis... this gives us 14 total teams.

By adding UCF it gives us the slight possibility that a USF-UCF combo could put pressure on the Florida legislature to put pressure on the NCAA in a few years when our AQ comes up for renewal. This is just a backup fail safe...

By adding all of the service academies it ensures that we won't lose our AQ status... if the NCAA tries to yank the Big East's AQ status in a few years then this will ensure that the Federal Congres gets involved to defend their academies.

Memphis brings a huge check and sponsorship from FedEx

ECU is a way to undermine the ACC

so your suggestion is to allow a school 45 minutes away to earn aq status and be put on the same playing field in recruiting as us.  makes a lot of sense....  ???

Yes, because if we don't add teams that have no chance of getting picked up by other conferences and will be loyal to death to defend the AQ status of the Big East then USF is going to spend a bunch of time with UCF down in CUSA.

Time is our enemy right now... and well the retard that is running the Big East off a cliff by sitting on his hands. The longer we wait the closer the BigXII gets to taking WV, Louisville, and TCU... once that happens UCF will be the least of our issues...

Adding UCF would not stop those schools from bolting to the Big 12 if offered. 

But dude, they have the largest student population of any school in the country ... something like 100,000. Shirley that will sway teams to stay.

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

UCF's ranking last year was not based on any merit.  They lost to USM.

So they got a pity vote from the coaches? Don't buy it. They did beat UGA.

Congrats. We beat Clemson and Miami. Name UCF's best two wins of last season.... and.... go!

I'm not even saying they aren't a good team or don't deserve an AQ, but if you want to try to pretend like we aren't the better football program at the moment, then I'll let you defend them. Please let me know about their rousing success last season.

Serious, I would be more in favor of FIU than UCF.  They proved why.  While their fans were a little less classy, I still think they have a better coach and are more humble.  UCF has been in the SEC since 1999, just ask them.  I don't want to reward them in any way for their arrogance.

You'd be just as arrogant if UCF got in the Big East and USF was still in CUSA, right?

Nope. Not if they kicked our ass 4 times in a row.

Archived