• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,634
  • Days Won:  6

So the Oklahoma and Missouri press conferences are scheduled for 7:30 and 7:45 eastern time.  I don't see where their websites are broadcasting it.  Anywhere on the web or tv?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,048

So the Oklahoma and Missouri press conferences are scheduled for 7:30 and 7:45 eastern time.  I don't see where their websites are broadcasting it.  Anywhere on the web or tv?

http://www.soonersports.com/genrel/092211aaa.html

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Big East football schools need to break off and start the East Coast Conference. Add 5 schools and get to a 12 team all sports conference, with exception to Navy, Air Force.

I'm not sure that new conference would be able to claim AQ status.

It'd be an interesting debate, for sure. Does the AQ status stay with the conference's name, leadership or teams?

Not a debate. 

There aren't any provisions in the BCS for a league that does not currently exist to earn AQ status.  Leagues will be evaluated in 2010-2013 for possible AQ status beginning in 2014. 

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bcs_selection_procedures.html

At a minimum, AQ status would not be awarded until 2014.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,634

Why all the Bull on Bull hate in these 75 pages?  Let's disuss, predict and debate "United as One".

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

Looks like WVU press conference rumor debunked by NYT reporter.

OU/MU probably just going to say "we're staying, here's our new commish."  Or, maybe they bolt -- will have to wait and see.

• Content Count:  120
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, Navy doesn't want to be in the Big East?  The Big East is done.  No one will commit to them; not current teams or potential teams.  Instead of lying to everyones face by saying they're committed to the Big East, I think they all need to agree to disband after this season  Wherever you land, you land.  I think it's better to do it now instead of living a lie waiting in fear for the next round of expansion.  There is no way possible I see TCU walking into this cancer next year.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Big East football schools need to break off and start the East Coast Conference. Add 5 schools and get to a 12 team all sports conference, with exception to Navy, Air Force.

The basketball schools would love the added $5 million exit fees from the football half of the conference.

• Content Count:  120
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.newson6.com/story/15528371/boren-stoops-castiglione-to-hold-630-press-conference

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Wow, Navy doesn't want to be in the Big East?  The Big East is done.  No one will commit to them; not current teams or potential teams.  Instead of lying to everyones face by saying they're committed to the Big East, I think they all need to agree to disband after this season  Wherever you land, you land.  I think it's better to do it now instead of living a lie waiting in fear for the next round of expansion.  There is no way possible I see TCU walking into this cancer next year.

they-see-me-trollin-they-hatin-thumb.jpg

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Why do you think Navy doesn't want to be in the Big East?  In AA's interview, the Navy AD said he wants to see that the current teams are actually going to stay in the conference before they commit.  That means they are very interested.

Do you think anyone is going to jump into a conference that is about to fold? 

Archived